BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-05-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
ya3coub
Qatar
Rep
Drives: C200 + Land Cruiser, soon M235

Alpine White in Doha Qatar

It's finally here, Got it for my mom & planing to pick it up tonight after work.

It's been two months almost since I reserved it only added the navigation.

It's an X5 F15 35i Xdrive with sunroof ,reverse camera, mocha leather, LED headlights, interior lighting package.

Last night made it reached the showroom & they started inatalling the Crystalline tinting of 20% all around

what do you guys think and recommend for the wheels I don't like them at all.

But the sales man advised me not to change then since it's for my mother and as he states it's more comfortable with the 18 than the 20s or 21s when it comes to the speed bumps and the road condition here in Qatar

shall I pick it up tonight or ask for a larger wheels ??
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

First off, congrats! Your mom will be very happy!

Generally, smaller diameter rims with taller tires will result in a softer ride. But, personally, I think you can go up to 20's and the ride should be fine (assuming the roads are not riddled with pot holes and bumps. Then I might consider 19s). However, this isn't the end of the story. The ride quality also depends on the suspensions you picked for the X5. That will also determine how well the ride will be.

Z.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

mA, salaam and mabrook, buddy! The car looks beautiful. Welcome to the Mineral White club . I thought about wheels for my mother's 2014 MDX, but I left the 19" alone because she likes soft rides. Like Z said, I personally don't think 19" or 20" will hurt as long as you get thick enough tires. I have 22s and the 285/35R22 are thick enough where the ride quality is not sacrificed. Your handling will improve with a larger wheel due to closer road feel. Tell us more about your mother's preferences and what car she likes to drive or her previous car. Then, we can provide better feedback .
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Congrats.. With all the construction going around Qatar and the crazy traffic, stick with the ones that are more comfortable.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2014, 06:17 AM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Congrats on the car. Must be nice to be able to tint the front windshield.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 03:50 AM   #6
ya3coub
Qatar
Rep
Drives: C200 + Land Cruiser, soon M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
First off, congrats! Your mom will be very happy!

Generally, smaller diameter rims with taller tires will result in a softer ride. But, personally, I think you can go up to 20's and the ride should be fine (assuming the roads are not riddled with pot holes and bumps. Then I might consider 19s). However, this isn't the end of the story. The ride quality also depends on the suspensions you picked for the X5. That will also determine how well the ride will be.

Z.
Hope she got over the shock she was pretty upset because I didn't finish a year at work and got her the car. On top of that some upgrades & construction going at home. she was upset about the timing and the dust will be around the car.
she wants me to save the money i'm earning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
mA, salaam and mabrook, buddy! The car looks beautiful. Welcome to the Mineral White club . I thought about wheels for my mother's 2014 MDX, but I left the 19" alone because she likes soft rides. Like Z said, I personally don't think 19" or 20" will hurt as long as you get thick enough tires. I have 22s and the 285/35R22 are thick enough where the ride quality is not sacrificed. Your handling will improve with a larger wheel due to closer road feel. Tell us more about your mother's preferences and what car she likes to drive or her previous car. Then, we can provide better feedback .
Waalikom alsalam, She simply doesn't care to her a vehicles is a machine to take you from point A to B any change to her is an accessory and not needed.
Tried with her & she was those are fine, her preferences any car that isn't low with the roads in Doha she had a Hummer & passed it to my little sister then got herself a merc C class which she hates she wants any mid size 4 wheel that's off the ground.
Moving from a Hummer to the merc was very disappointing for her No more going over pavements when needed, loads of scratching on speed bumps since the C is with the sports suspension.
She always admired the X5 since it was out 2007 "the second generation" but to her "there is always another priority"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas View Post
Congrats.. With all the construction going around Qatar and the crazy traffic, stick with the ones that are more comfortable.
Thank you for your input I work AS MEP Engineer in the Sheraton Park Project construction as you mentioned is crazy traffic is a better now days but still Hope they finish the high ways quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Congrats on the car. Must be nice to be able to tint the front windshield.
That's the Max allowed, & to be honest there isn't any straight law when it comes to tinting everything that's dark is just not allowed.
But with the crystal line I went with the best available in the market more insulation less color needed. It's amazing better than the nano ceramic on my car
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya3coub View Post
Waalikom alsalam, She simply doesn't care to her a vehicles is a machine to take you from point A to B any change to her is an accessory and not needed.
Tried with her & she was those are fine, her preferences any car that isn't low with the roads in Doha she had a Hummer & passed it to my little sister then got herself a merc C class which she hates she wants any mid size 4 wheel that's off the ground.
Moving from a Hummer to the merc was very disappointing for her No more going over pavements when needed, loads of scratching on speed bumps since the C is with the sports suspension.
She always admired the X5 since it was out 2007 "the second generation" but to her "there is always another priority"
Your mother sounds like my father, lol. Well, it's good that she told you her preference. She'll definitely enjoy the ride of the X5 . If you have any other questions/issues, feel free to ask. We're always happy to help .
      07-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #8
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ya3coub
It's finally here, Got it for my mom & planing to pick it up tonight after work.

It's been two months almost since I reserved it only added the navigation.

It's an X5 F15 35i Xdrive with sunroof ,reverse camera, mocha leather, LED headlights, interior lighting package.

Last night made it reached the showroom & they started inatalling the Crystalline tinting of 20% all around

what do you guys think and recommend for the wheels I don't like them at all.

But the sales man advised me not to change then since it's for my mother and as he states it's more comfortable with the 18 than the 20s or 21s when it comes to the speed bumps and the road condition here in Qatar

shall I pick it up tonight or ask for a larger wheels ??
I've never heard of "Installing the Navigation"
When we got an X5 I chose the "Exclusive" trim (which comes with Navigation, Lane Change Warning, and 360 Camera) and just asked them to install the M Kit for me.

Did your X5 come with the small screen at first?
Appreciate 0