greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
What a F'n pair of vehicles to own. I envy you

These forums are depressing
You should go to the M5post.com forums. I get depressed there when people use f10 m5's as their "commuters" and "slow cars".
      01-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #46
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

those guys at BMW are some jokesters, it turns out when i was doing some inquires about the M performance intercooler that you get whit the M-performance pack to the 30d that it’s the same intercooler you get as standard for the hot climate version of the car, kind of a let down...
      01-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #47
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
those guys at BMW are some jokesters, it turns out when i was doing some inquires about the M performance intercooler that you get whit the M-performance pack to the 30d that it’s the same intercooler you get as standard for the hot climate version of the car, kind of a let down...
Actually the intercooler they are selling here in EU as a part of the M performance pack is the same cooler that you guys in NA get standard in the 35d, what a rip of...
      01-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #48
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Contacted racechip Germany today to get some clarification about settings vs fuel system etc., they replied that every setting on racechip will work in the tolerance of the car, that includes the highest setting witch i have tough logical for some time now. Also told them about the good promo they been getting here on bimmerpost and voila a couple of hours later they have a rep here on the forum posting on about every tread involving racechip of course it’s good to have them represented here if need of assistance.

Furthermore I opted the setting on my racechip to F/4 to boost fuel delivery while maintaining full monitoring of catalytic temp, oil temp, kpa/bar on turbo, dpf temp and other related settings, there was no abnormal numbers and the car works fine and are even a little bit stronger in higher speed and yesterday.
I’m probably going to set the highest setting on both S1 and S2 that is possible in the near couple of days to see how it works. In regards of the risk of overheating the catalytic converter i think that is impossible whit a piggyback tune, i used to run my e92 m3 whit stock exhaust and the ESS supercharger kit 575 hp on the car whit 600+ hp total and never had one little problem whit the catalytic overheated.

So the setting I’m going to test out is 9/9 on the chip but i doubt the car is going to turn into an aventador but maybe some minor gains can still be possible
      01-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #49
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Contacted racechip Germany today to get some clarification about settings vs fuel system etc., they replied that every setting on racechip will work in the tolerance of the car, that includes the highest setting witch i have tough logical for some time now. Also told them about the good promo they been getting here on bimmerpost and voila a couple of hours later they have a rep here on the forum posting on about every tread involving racechip of course it’s good to have them represented here if need of assistance.

Furthermore I opted the setting on my racechip to F/4 to boost fuel delivery while maintaining full monitoring of catalytic temp, oil temp, kpa/bar on turbo, dpf temp and other related settings, there was no abnormal numbers and the car works fine and are even a little bit stronger in higher speed and yesterday.
I’m probably going to set the highest setting on both S1 and S2 that is possible in the near couple of days to see how it works. In regards of the risk of overheating the catalytic converter i think that is impossible whit a piggyback tune, i used to run my e92 m3 whit stock exhaust and the ESS supercharger kit 575 hp on the car whit 600+ hp total and never had one little problem whit the catalytic overheated.

So the setting I’m going to test out is 9/9 on the chip but i doubt the car is going to turn into an aventador but maybe some minor gains can still be possible
      01-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #50
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:

Not to steal your Thunder but I actually had an exchange with Peter this morning where he asked me to give him a link to our forum conversations. I think that is why he is here.
      01-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #51
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Not to steal your Thunder but I actually had an exchange with Peter this morning where he asked me to give him a link to our forum conversations. I think that is why he is here.
No problem just thought it was a funny coincidence
      01-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #52
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

So S2=3 did OK this week. That means I get to turn it up tomorrow
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #53
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Rocking S2=5 ...so far me likes.

I managed to do a measured 0-60 launch takeoff, by pressing the brake hard and pressing the throttle wide open (must be in sport+ with shifter in manual), when the Launch flag lights up on the dash you have 3 seconds to release the brake and snap your neck back I used a trial version of DashCommand. I'll need to give it a few more tries, but got a 5.44s 0-60 run logged. I never used DashCommand before and I was kinda rushing things, so more runs are needed.

Last edited by pdawg; 01-17-2015 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #54
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Rocking S2=5 ...so far me likes.

I managed to do a measured 0-60 launch takeoff, by pressing the brake hard and pressing the throttle wide open (must be in sport+ with shifter in manual), when the Launch flag lights up on the dash you have 3 seconds to release the brake and snap your neck back I used a trial version of DashCommand. I'll need to give it a few more tries, but got a 5.44s 0-60 run logged. I never used DashCommand before and I was kinda rushing things, so more runs are needed.
That's good numbers!! Keep us updated!!
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2015, 09:06 PM   #55
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That's good numbers!! Keep us updated!!
What motor do you have??
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:47 PM   #56
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

N55
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:53 PM   #57
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Quote:
No problem just thought it was a funny coincidence
Isn't it though.

On the other hand, I haven't read anything disputing or correcting anything written here. Or did I miss something?
      01-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #58
42pilot
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Works within the tolerance of the car - until it throws a code.

Anyway, it would deb interesting if you could at least provide 0-60 times when comparing. That would really be helpful in truly measuring gains as you dial up the chip.

Also, how are you measuring catalytic temps? And what is DPF temp? Just curious as I don't think I've ever heard of this one.

Knowing the cat temp is good as you probably won't damage the cat itself, but the cat temp will give you an indication of EGT your engine is producing and this is VERY important. Piggy back chips are usually the worst offenders in creating high cylinder pressures which means high EGTs, which damage diesel engines quickly.

And shame on RC for not monitoring the forums anyway. Helpful posts would really pay dividends in sales, I'm sure.

Last edited by 42pilot; 01-17-2015 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #59
gatordent
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo
Contacted racechip Germany today to get some clarification about settings vs fuel system etc., they replied that every setting on racechip will work in the tolerance of the car, that includes the highest setting witch i have tough logical for some time now. Also told them about the good promo they been getting here on bimmerpost and voila a couple of hours later they have a rep here on the forum posting on about every tread involving racechip of course its good to have them represented here if need of assistance.

Im probably going to set the highest setting on both S1 and S2 that is possible in the near couple of days to see how it works. In regards of the risk of overheating the catalytic converter i think that is impossible whit a piggyback tune, i used to run my e92 m3 whit stock exhaust and the ESS supercharger kit 575 hp on the car whit 600+ hp total and never had one little problem whit the catalytic overheated.

So the setting Im going to test out is 9/9 on the chip but i doubt the car is going to turn into an aventador but maybe some minor gains can still be possible
I'm very interested to see the outcome of your trial. I upped my 35d to E/3 couple days ago and I did a 0-60 run today 5.6s was the best I could get. I don't have launch mode so lots of force on the brake is there a better way? I miss my M5 and X6M launch modes.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 12:02 AM   #60
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent View Post
I'm very interested to see the outcome of your trial. I upped my 35d to E/3 couple days ago and I did a 0-60 run today 5.6s was the best I could get. I don't have launch mode so lots of force on the brake is there a better way? I miss my M5 and X6M launch modes.
Just code it in to work:

Enable Launch Control: requires Sport Auto Transmission coding below
1) EGS / Applikation_LC / LC / nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Enable Sport Auto Transmission:
1) EGS / Sportschalter / nicht_aktiv to aktiv (Part 1)
2) EGS / Sportschalter_alt / nicht_aktiv to aktiv (Part 2)

Enable Sport +:
This enables Sport + mode as a whole:
1) ICM / ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG / change nicht_aktiv to aktiv

This enables Sport + image to show on your instrument cluster (Kombi):
1) KOMBI / FDS_MENUE_TEXT_1/2/3/4 / change menue_4 to menue_3
2) KOMBI / FDS_MENUE_SIGNAL_1/2/3/4 / change menue_4 to menue_3
      01-18-2015, 05:29 AM   #61
gatordent
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Omar, has this been confirmed to work on the 35d?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #62
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=42pilot;17244012]Isn't it though.

On the other hand, I haven't read anything disputing or correcting anything written here. Or did I miss something?[/QQUOTEQUOTE]

Your right, and it is kind at strange not to be correcting or dispuiting stuff be in mind all the posts that concerns RC settings etc.

Last edited by paicapo; 01-18-2015 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 05:54 AM   #63
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
N55
Then the race is on between 30d/35d whit RC and 35i RC.
30d has 0-60 in 5,4 sec and it's the time to beat

Last edited by paicapo; 01-18-2015 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #64
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Works within the tolerance of the car - until it throws a code.

Anyway, it would deb interesting if you could at least provide 0-60 times when comparing. That would really be helpful in truly measuring gains as you dial up the chip.

Also, how are you measuring catalytic temps? And what is DPF temp? Just curious as I don't think I've ever heard of this one.

Knowing the cat temp is good as you probably won't damage the cat itself, but the cat temp will give you an indication of EGT your engine is producing and this is VERY important. Piggy back chips are usually the worst offenders in creating high cylinder pressures which means high EGTs, which damage diesel engines quickly.

And shame on RC for not monitoring the forums anyway. Helpful posts would really pay dividends in sales, I'm sure.
I use a sensor reader that works whit the obd2 to read cat temp on bank 1, DPF= diesel partical filter a filter connected to the exhaust system (restricts motor by 15-20 hp) for
environmental reasons. I will check egt but that gauge have not been working properly.
I'm in f/6 now but I think the most gains are to be made in S setting 0-3 after that the gains for each wheel notch are slowing down. Try to get some 0-60 Times when the weather allows.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 12:05 PM   #65
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent View Post
Omar, has this been confirmed to work on the 35d?
I haven't even gotten to test it on my car yet. I just figured I'd throw it out here since you inquired about it . Test it and let me know?
      01-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #66
42pilot
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I use a sensor reader that works whit the obd2 to read cat temp on bank 1, DPF= diesel partical filter a filter connected to the exhaust system (restricts motor by 15-20 hp) for
environmental reasons. I will check egt but that gauge have not been working properly.
I'm in f/6 now but I think the most gains are to be made in S setting 0-3 after that the gains for each wheel notch are slowing down. Try to get some 0-60 Times when the weather allows.
Nice - which reader do you use? I can use ScanTool and DashCommand to get basic stuff.

My Ford Powerstroke had a DPF but I removed it nearly 8 years ago. It did not affect horsepower by 10% though. I removed it to install a 4 inch turbo-back exhaust.

I'm back to F2, and not satisfied. I liked F3 but since I own the car, I'm not willing to stress the motor (with the additional heat) with that kind of timing regardless what RC tells me (within engine specs). I need this thing to last many years I'm OK with more fuel, but not so early in the combustion cycle.

Here are three trivia questions for everyone on our 35d motors:

1. How many turbos does our TwinTurbo Power engine have?

2. How many injector events are there per combustion cycle?

3. Which is more important for power relative to boost: PSI or MAF?