BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Another possible exhaust option

I was talking to my exhaust guy today about removing the resonators and adding 3.5 dual tips on each side. He told me it honestly wasn't going to be worth it and to look into the x5m megan exhaust. He would cut off the outlet pipes and make custom ones to fit. I was looking online and it seems megan exhaust is a popular option for the x5m guys due to the sound and the fact its only about 400 bucks. To me it seems like its not too loud but noticeably louder than stock which is perfect for me. Not sure the cost for me including the custom work but should all be well under 1k. Anyone have experience with megan before I go be the guinea pig for this?

Here is the exhaust
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Stainl...73e33e&vxp=mtr

Piping prob needs to be customized to something like this to fit
http://gthausblog.com/?p=5952

Here is a link to the sound on a x5m

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

no offense, but, you have an x5 50i and you want to replace your superior engineered and built exhaust for a cheap megan exhaust for sound? i would not go anywhere near this idea, but it's your car, and if you do, please post your thoughts and pics/vids.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2015, 06:51 AM   #3
chrisfc923
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 MBB X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cenix View Post
no offense, but, you have an x5 50i and you want to replace your superior engineered and built exhaust for a cheap megan exhaust for sound? i would not go anywhere near this idea, but it's your car, and if you do, please post your thoughts and pics/vids.
in all honesty I've only heard good things from Megan racing. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its no better then the other options out there 10x's the cost. Here is a better idea on what I'm going to do plus sound

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837155
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #4
X5Ruby
Rep
Drives: X5

Did you end up doing this?
Appreciate 0