BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

07-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #45
jsebjimenez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDoor View Post
So after a couple of nights searching sites and using Google translate, I've come up pretty much empty as there are not many options at all for the Non M-Sport bumper people like me in the US. I figured I would update this thread with what I found to maybe help save some people some time down the road.

BMW OEM Aero Kit for Non M-Sport Bumper
Availability: Russia Exclusive
Reference: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1109647

Kelleners Aero Package for X5 F15 Non M-Sport Bumper
Availability: Asia/Europe only but found 1 listing on eBay or the US
Reference: http://www.kelleners-sport.de/en/New...rogram_F15.php

And that is it for front lips! That is unless you want the Pep Boys special "Universal Carbon Fiber Front Lips"

The other options are new or used OEM M Sport or X5M bumpers or you could go with Replicas on eBay. For the replicas on eBay:

Duramax M Sport Style Front Bumper
Notes: Made out of fiberglass and needs holes drilled for parking sensors and does not come with grills. Also they would not confirm if the front lips that fit the OEM M Sport bumper would fit the Duramax bumper since it is not a 100% replica. They said "it would require modification" of the front lip. Unless you're desperate it looks like this is the one to avoid.

100% Replica M Sport Style Front Bumper
Notes: These come with all the grills and are supposed to be a 100% direct fit replacement without the brand new OEM price.

100% Replica X5M Front Bumper
Notes: Same 100% replica as the M Sport bumper but for the X5M design

Last but not least are the 3rd Party body kits from AC Schnitzer, Hamman, etc but that's for a different market.
Do you know where I can find the fender flares in black for 2014 35i X-Line.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 09:19 AM   #46
Fozzy
Waaka Waaka
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 xdrive & 2015 F15

Great thread, and you're wife's set up looks good. I bought in a rush and didn't do my homework. Wanted to do the same thing with a lip, so appreciate the research you saved me. Mods are so much easier on my E92.

Slightly different look with the luxury line including a lot of chrome to replace. Right now only looking to do something with the orange side reflectors.

Any other ideas for mods (for a daily family vehicle - in Canada) keep them coming.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #47
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Great thread, and you're wife's set up looks good. I bought in a rush and didn't do my homework. Wanted to do the same thing with a lip, so appreciate the research you saved me. Mods are so much easier on my E92.

Slightly different look with the luxury line including a lot of chrome to replace. Right now only looking to do something with the orange side reflectors.

Any other ideas for mods (for a daily family vehicle - in Canada) keep them coming.
Not much we can do with non-M-Sport trims

Which is really an omission on BMW part as non-M-Sport trims are produced a lot more than M-Sport and hence larger potential buyer base/market. M-Sport is only around 15% from all x5s imho

Well, bad for BMW - their profit loss, my gain (saved money on front lips and other exterior parts)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 08:42 PM   #48
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsebjimenez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDoor View Post
So after a couple of nights searching sites and using Google translate, I've come up pretty much empty as there are not many options at all for the Non M-Sport bumper people like me in the US. I figured I would update this thread with what I found to maybe help save some people some time down the road.

BMW OEM Aero Kit for Non M-Sport Bumper
Availability: Russia Exclusive
Reference: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1109647

Kelleners Aero Package for X5 F15 Non M-Sport Bumper
Availability: Asia/Europe only but found 1 listing on eBay or the US
Reference: http://www.kelleners-sport.de/en/New...rogram_F15.php

And that is it for front lips! That is unless you want the Pep Boys special "Universal Carbon Fiber Front Lips"

The other options are new or used OEM M Sport or X5M bumpers or you could go with Replicas on eBay. For the replicas on eBay:

Duramax M Sport Style Front Bumper
Notes: Made out of fiberglass and needs holes drilled for parking sensors and does not come with grills. Also they would not confirm if the front lips that fit the OEM M Sport bumper would fit the Duramax bumper since it is not a 100% replica. They said "it would require modification" of the front lip. Unless you're desperate it looks like this is the one to avoid.

100% Replica M Sport Style Front Bumper
Notes: These come with all the grills and are supposed to be a 100% direct fit replacement without the brand new OEM price.

100% Replica X5M Front Bumper
Notes: Same 100% replica as the M Sport bumper but for the X5M design

Last but not least are the 3rd Party body kits from AC Schnitzer, Hamman, etc but that's for a different market.
Do you know where I can find the fender flares in black for 2014 35i X-Line.
Getbmwparts.com.

Search for part 51777303391 and find the matching Right side, for the x5 base.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 12:51 AM   #49
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just wanted to share as I know several people have this question.

I recently upgraded from non flared wheel arches to flared wheel arches. See before and after. Makes a huge difference in my opinion and absolutely worth it if you've gone with 20" wheels or bigger and still have non flared arches.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      09-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #50
Sphinx-3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post

I recently upgraded from non flared wheel arches to flared wheel arches. See before and after. Makes a huge difference in my opinion and absolutely worth it if you've gone with 20" wheels or bigger and still have non flared arches.
Flares definitely made a difference!
Are those OEM or aftermarket? Does it really matter?
And did you install them yourself?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #51
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx-3 View Post
Quote:

Flares definitely made a difference!
Are those OEM or aftermarket? Does it really matter?
And did you install them yourself?
Thanks. They're OEM from getBMWparts.com. Search their site for "PKF15X5WHEELFLARES". They've built this full package for a base X5 and includes the bolts and rivets too. You have the option of primed or the black plastic. Mine are the black plastic version.

Installed by BMW of Sterling in VA (got them down to 1 hour labor instead of their original quote of 2 hours).

I would advise against aftermarket trim pieces because the gap tolerances are pretty low and you want it to be a perfect fit. Otherwise it will alter the profile of your vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #52
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Nice! Do yo have more photos from different angles? Are you planning to do spacers maybe or not?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 08:10 PM   #53
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:

Nice! Do yo have more photos from different angles? Are you planning to do spacers maybe or not?
Sure! What angles do you want to see? The best one is the side profile as shown above but I'd be happy to take more.

No spacers for me, the bigger wheels came with offsets small enough to negate the need for spacers.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      09-04-2017, 08:39 PM   #54
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sure! What angles do you want to see? The best one is the side profile as shown above but I'd be happy to take more.

No spacers for me, the bigger wheels came with offsets small enough to negate the need for spacers.
Can you please post some zoomed out side pics to see whole car - just to see how it looks in general

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #55
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Can you please post some zoomed out side pics to see whole car - just to see how it looks in general

Thanks
Here's one more of the side profile showing wheel arches.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      09-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #56
fromkrypton
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Wheel arch flares are a must with 20s staggered
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      09-09-2017, 11:50 PM   #57
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

I love those fender flares. Just one question tho - do you guys feel that with fender flares with 20'' wheels - your rear wheels could use some spacers now - to extend rear wheels a bit out? Like maybe 10mm or 15mm to make it look more aggressive? I can't really tell and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that fender flares are now making rear wheels seem pushed in a bit too much, no? Just asking

P.S. The reason I'm asking is that afaik those fender flares work for 21'' wheels too - and stock 21 uses something like 325 tire on rear (I've seen 335 even). Thus I think on 315 on 20'' - maybe spacer will look even better, no?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #58
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I love those fender flares. Just one question tho - do you guys feel that with fender flares with 20'' wheels - your rear wheels could use some spacers now - to extend rear wheels a bit out? Like maybe 10mm or 15mm to make it look more aggressive? I can't really tell and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that fender flares are now making rear wheels seem pushed in a bit too much, no? Just asking

P.S. The reason I'm asking is that afaik those fender flares work for 21'' wheels too - and stock 21 uses something like 325 tire on rear (I've seen 335 even). Thus I think on 315 on 20'' - maybe spacer will look even better, no?
First get the flares installed. Then decide if you stilll want spacers!

Former doesn't require wheels to be removed, so it's a quick 1 hour job. The latter is also not standard setup on X5, so I'd be a tad bit hesitant.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50