BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #45
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
But man, those M Sports sure do look good, right? I'd argue it's probably THE most desired option when folks are shopping for an X5.
Sales numbers will show you the opposite is true. All lines of the X5 have their good and bad.

When I first saw the Msport front I thought it was the base model. The xline is the best looking from the front. (That's why BMW used the xline in most of it's markteting materials.)

The Msport is best looking from back despite it needing to be sculpted a bit more. And its 20s look better than lux and xline 20s. But it does come with silly M logos (yikes)...M35i?! ha! If I didn't like the xline better then I'd go with the Msport despite the cringy M logos.

We all have our opinions and lucky for everyone there is choice.

It's totally fine to prefer the Msport (no need to fight to the death because someone likes something else.) "Well, you have buyers remorse...you wish you had an Msport...you're just jealous...etc." Grow up.

I find it funny how so many people can't just enjoy what they have without trying to convince others that their opinion is correct supported by BS. "Msport is must have because it's the BEST!!!!" Sad.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #46
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

Case in point: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1386804
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 01:18 PM   #47
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
100% true. The regular wheel feels too thin and oversized? I wonder if that's just down to the shape or if it's indeed really bigger than MSport steering wheel.
not sure how the non m sport steering wheel is on the X5.. but on the f30 335 the base steering wheel was a joke. it just felt cheap, it was too thin. The steering wheel on my wifes Honda Odyssey felt better than the one i had in my 335.

I love the m sport steering wheel, it just feels right in your hands
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 01:37 PM   #48
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Kidney View Post
Sales numbers will show you the opposite is true. All lines of the X5 have their good and bad.

When I first saw the Msport front I thought it was the base model. The xline is the best looking from the front. (That's why BMW used the xline in most of it's markteting materials.)

The Msport is best looking from back despite it needing to be sculpted a bit more. And its 20s look better than lux and xline 20s. But it does come with silly M logos (yikes)...M35i?! ha! If I didn't like the xline better then I'd go with the Msport despite the cringy M logos.

It's totally fine to prefer the Msport (no need to fight to the death because someone likes something else.) "Well, you have buyers remorse...you wish you had an Msport...you're just jealous...etc." Grow up.

I find it funny how so many people can't just enjoy what they have without trying to convince others that their opinion is correct supported by BS. "Msport is must have because it's the BEST!!!!" Sad.
Desired doesn't imply that people are buying it. Bit like I desire an X5M, but I just have the M Sport. And I'm not familiar with the M35i. I don't think they make that for the X5. It's just sDrive 35i or xDrive 35i.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #49
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Quote:
But man, those M Sports sure do look good, right? I'd argue it's probably THE most desired option when folks are shopping for an X5.

You are one of person I was referring to as an unknowingly or someone that lacks attention to detail BMW buyer... you thought the Msport was a base line? See you missed the fender flares, the wide fat wheels/tire combo along with the shadow line trims. And I'm willing to bet that 90% of those xline / lux line / base line purchases are from soccer moms, company cars, or just people that want a luxury car.

"Most" enthusiast here in this forum desire a Msport. Period.
      07-27-2017, 05:20 PM   #50
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Desired doesn't imply that people are buying it. Bit like I desire an X5M, but I just have the M Sport. And I'm not familiar with the M35i. I don't think they make that for the X5. It's just sDrive 35i or xDrive 35i.
M35i is a joke about BMW adding M logos to 35i models and Msport owners acting as if their X5 is somehow special and magically not a soccer mom car. They think they have a car enthusiast machine

Some of these same Msport owners make fun of non-M owners adding M logos to their non-M car. Yet they have a 35i with M logos.: (see link above)

///M35i
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #51
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

If you claim you are more of an enthusiast because your 35i has M logos, than someone with a 50i without any poseur M logos, you might be a dolt.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #52
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
M35i is a joke about BMW adding M logos to 35i models and Msport owners acting as if their X5 is somehow special and magically not a soccer mom car. They think they have a car enthusiast machine

Some of these same Msport owners make fun of non-M owners adding M logos to their non-M car. Yet they have a 35i with M logos.: (see link above)

///M35i
It doesn't get much worse than adding M logos that didn't come from the factory like that. That's the ultimate #loserville move...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #53
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

eh, people are free to do what they want. i find it tacky, but whatever. i also find the m logo on msport 35i silly. but we already went in circles in the linked thread above.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #54
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:

///M35i
I hope you are not lumping in all 35i Msport owners. I for one have an Msport 35i and mainly got it for the sport transmission,the awesoem steering wheel and the aero kit. Aside from the M logo on the steering wheel, the 4 wheels, and the door sills I dont think there are any others

I do agree that people who slap M badges all over their car is kind of tacky (like MB owners that slap AMG badges on non amg cars) but we all have reasons for getting the cars we want. I for one could afford a 50i, and even an X5M if i so choose because i know what those cars are capable of and appreciate the power and dynamics. But i dont have a "need" for that much power therefor i went with the 35i. It gives me a good balance of what i want versus what i "need"
Appreciate 0