BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #23
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Stopped by a VW dealer today and looked at the Golf before picking up my BMW from service. It's quite roomy. I set my seating position for the driver seat and then sat in the back seats. There was still a ton of leg and head room. Checked out the trunk and it was pretty large. I think we could easily fit 4 carryons plus a few small soft bags in there if needed. The visibility was also excellent. Thank you everyone for chiming in! I'll contact Sixt to see if there's anyway to guarantee a Golf vs similar cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #24
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Stopped by a VW dealer today and looked at the Golf before picking up my BMW from service. It's quite roomy. I set my seating position for the driver seat and then sat in the back seats. There was still a ton of leg and head room. Checked out the trunk and it was pretty large. I think we could easily fit 4 carryons plus a few small soft bags in there if needed. The visibility was also excellent. Thank you everyone for chiming in! I'll contact Sixt to see if there's anyway to guarantee a Golf vs similar cars.
Have a great trip!

I didn't think you'd have a problem with room. I call the Golf/GTI a "mini SUV."

You can definitely fit soft bags on top of the luggage in the back. As long as you leave a small opening so you can see right behind you you'll be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 04:03 PM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Okay, bought one over the weekend. It's got very comparable interior room to our F30. Four tall folks should fit fine. Hatch is actually nice and roomy too, load floor is nice and low and if you had to pull the cargo cover and load to the top of the headrests, you'd still have plenty of visibility.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #26
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Okay, bought one over the weekend. It's got very comparable interior room to our F30. Four tall folks should fit fine. Hatch is actually nice and roomy too, load floor is nice and low and if you had to pull the cargo cover and load to the top of the headrests, you'd still have plenty of visibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM330i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Have a great trip!

I didn't think you'd have a problem with room. I call the Golf/GTI a "mini SUV."

You can definitely fit soft bags on top of the luggage in the back. As long as you leave a small opening so you can see right behind you you'll be good to go.
Thank you. We just booked and paid for the rental. I checked one out in person when picking up my car from service and it's pretty roomy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Thank you for confirming - appreciate it!
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00
      08-12-2017, 08:36 PM   #27
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I own both MKV Jetta 09 Without moonroof and MKVII golf sportswagen SE with moonroof. I can tell you the Jetta is roomier inside than the Golf. However, I am positive you are able to sit inside with any difficulties.
Appreciate 0