BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-04-2019, 10:34 AM   #23
Bianchi
Rep
Drives: M2 (F87 N55)

Sorry - apparently I'm not making this clear.

Let me try again. This is NOT through the Apps functionality. This is not through Connected Drive. I HAVE connected drive. It's fully paid. However, Spotify or any other app does not show up there at all. Whether by bluetooth or if I'm hard wired.

What I'm talking about is if I just go to "Media" (you know, by pressing the button called "media" on the dash) then go to my bluetooth devices? On my previous and on other BMWs, when I do that, my phone shows up and if I'm playing something on Spotify, the title, album, and artist show up too. I can use the fast forward or rewind on the steering wheel or on the dash to move forwards and back.

Now, if I go into media, I can see my phone and if I play something on Spotify, it will play, however, it shows "No Title" and "No Album" and the FFWD RWD buttons do nothing. I have to use my phone itself to advance tracks.

Again - this is NOT through connected drive as connected drive simply doesn't work at all (despite me having paid for it).
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #24
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

So you are basically streaming Spotify over BT, right? I have 2014 so my NBT is older but I think I can skip tracks but it doesn't show the album info. I will try again today to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #25
Bianchi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
So you are basically streaming Spotify over BT, right? I have 2014 so my NBT is older but I think I can skip tracks but it doesn't show the album info. I will try again today to confirm.
Yes - thank you!
I can't use the connected app as nothing shows up. I've used the BT streaming on all of my previous BMWs and never had an issue. Thanks for checking!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 02:54 PM   #26
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So just tried to stream over BT, it works, shows me artist info, album and track also I can switch tracks using my steering wheel, I am Android user. No album art though. May be try to remove your phone and pair it again?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #27
Goodfella10
Private
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
So just tried to stream over BT, it works, shows me artist info, album and track also I can switch tracks using my steering wheel, I am Android user. No album art though. May be try to remove your phone and pair it again?
Do you see the Spotify app on your android? I don't see it when my Android is plugged in but it works with my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:46 PM   #28
Bianchi
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. That's how it worked on my previous beamers.
On this one, nothing.
I've tried deleting and repairing repeatedly. Nothing works.
I'll take it to the dealer and see if there's maybe a big update that I'm in need of.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 04:47 PM   #29
Bianchi
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella10 View Post
Do you see the Spotify app on your android? I don't see it when my Android is plugged in but it works with my iPhone.
I mean, on mine, it's there. Just on the main screen. And on my connected app screen it's there too.
But on the car screen, the only thing I have is the option for importing planned routes. Nothing about streaming apps.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 06:27 PM   #30
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella10 View Post
Not sure what are you asking, I am not connecting phone to the car using the cable, I'm streaming over BT. See attached pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #31
Bianchi
Rep

Quote:
Not sure what are you asking, I am not connecting phone to the car using the cable, I'm streaming over BT. See attached pic
Yes - that's what I used to get in my previous car when streaming over BT.
Now I get "Album unavailable" and "Track Unavailable." It still plays the music, but I have no control using anything in the car. If I want to control the playback, I must use the phone. I don't like touching my phone while driving.
Appreciate 0