10-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #2795
coolusername
Alpineweiss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Im having an issue that im not quite sure of on a 2016 X5. I can connect, read coding data, edit FDLs data, save, and code certain modules. Whenever I edit the BDC_BODY FDL, I get blank settings? in esys. Im not sure how to describe it because ive never seen it. I assume, I need the updated PSdZ files. I've attached a screen shot of below. Thanks for the help
Attached Images

10-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #2796
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
Im having an issue that im not quite sure of on a 2016 X5. I can connect, read coding data, edit FDLs data, save, and code certain modules. Whenever I edit the BDC_BODY FDL, I get blank settings? in esys. Im not sure how to describe it because ive never seen it. I assume, I need the updated PSdZ files. I've attached a screen shot of below. Thanks for the help
This is something to do with your token, make sure you're selecting F20 and not direct on connection. But change your date to october 5th on your laptop then launch it, then change the date back, make sure your token written on the current date.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #2797
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Anyone up to try remapping of the tail lights? It looks like splicing of harnesses for ECE tail lights may not actually be necessary. All the differences between US/ECE illumination are intentionality coded to do so. If the internal circuitry was different, the output map would not have all the circuits active with function redirection. Changing the redirected outputs should enable a US tail to illuminate the same way as an ECE (just with red indicators remaining).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 09:17 PM   #2798
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolusername View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post
This is something to do with your token, make sure you're selecting F20 and not direct on connection. But change your date to october 5th on your laptop then launch it, then change the date back, make sure your token written on the current date.
Make sure you are selecting F015 in Launcher. It looks like you have the correct E-sys connection target (F25). You will have unmapped CAFD (ie dots without descriptions) if you choose anything for CAFD_000017BE but one of the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Anyone up to try remapping of the tail lights? It looks like splicing of harnesses for ECE tail lights may not actually be necessary. All the differences between US/ECE illumination are intentionality coded to do so. If the internal circuitry was different, the output map would not have all the circuits active with function redirection. Changing the redirected outputs should enable a US tail to illuminate the same way as an ECE (just with red indicators remaining).
I am confused as to what you are trying to map. Rear DRL's is on the Cheat Sheet:

Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #2799
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto
I am confused as to what you are trying to map.
Not the rear DRL. The combined brake/turn signal operation that supposedly requires re-wiring to add ECE tail lights. I don't think it's necessary to do so and can be done with just coding.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      10-03-2016, 09:45 AM   #2800
BitteEinBit
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: '21 X5 M50i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Can you elaborate on what coding all folders means to keep this from happening? Getting ready to add 2TB to my xLine and want to get it right from the start. Do you mean VO code all folders (except DME, of course).

Thanks
@spike5150 Yes, VO code each and every folder except DME. This was opasha’s idea and it worked for me.

With my car we (r33 and I) determined through trial and error that the paddle wire does not exist in the steering column for whatever reason and simply inserting 2TB in FA and VO coding BDC_Body, Kombi, and ICM (and paddles off) didn’t work for me. 2TB would work fine, but the car continuously looked for the paddles and since there were none it would generate an error code and my transmission would randomly switch in and out of manual mode.

So opasha VO coded each and every folder except DME and coded paddles off, cleared DTCs (error codes) and I haven’t had a problem since.

Hopefully things will go smoother for you.

Last edited by BitteEinBit; 10-03-2016 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
spike5150421.50
      10-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #2801
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
So after a few months, I finally had some time to look at the x5 coding again. Here is a better clarification for the last drive modes.

If you go into the ICM module then the 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN folder. Towards the middle you will see a few feshasmode codes.

Mode 1 = Comfort
Mode 2 = Comfort +
Mode 3 = not sure
Mode 4 = Sport
Mode 5 = Sport+
Mode 6 = Don't know yet
Mode 7 = Eco Pro
Mode 8 = Edrive (not relevant)

You can turn any of these on (even though most are on by default) by activating the corresponding feshasmode code. For example, to turn on comfort+, you would change feshasmode2 to active.

Below these codes you will find a few fesallowmodelastfunction codes. If you turn these on, the car will remember the last setting it was in when you turned it off, and will then turn on in the same setting. You can turn on more than one at a time.

So fesallowmode2lastfunction will remember comfort+ mode, fesallowmode4lastfunction will remember sport mode, and fesallowmode7lastfuncion will remember eco pro.

The last thing you will need to do to get the car to not reset the last driving mode is change the werte in feslastfunctioninterval to FF.

P.S. for those of you that don't have sport+ on your car, you should try just turning on feshasmode3 and see if that solves the issue.
Thanks so much for this djsaad1

Tried coding out for the 1st time yesterday as having to select sport mode every time I get in the truck was driving me insane. Had a few bumps getting it all going at first but some quick searches on here solved all my problems.

Just wanted to let anyone else know the above code works to remember last driving mode on my 2014 X5 35d.

Cheers djsaad1!

Last edited by TallTrees; 10-04-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #2802
98PoleCat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
This actually isn't true for me. Someone texted both my wife and me while we were both in the car the other day, and we ended up with two identical messages in idrive.
And your phones are listed as 1 & 2? Do your phone books merge?
Finally had a chance to test this. Phone books merge when both phones are in the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #2803
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98PoleCat View Post
Finally had a chance to test this. Phone books merge when both phones are in the car.
Interesting. I wonder why I only get one contact list and messages from one phone, but can make or receive calls from both.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #2804
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoshi View Post
I think you need this in the cheat sheet:
Line 46 open trunk with keyfob.

Default is 5 seconds. Could well be increased.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I am due to for service soon, with possibly work that may get my software updated & codes wiped, so I am going to hold off this until after I get my X5 back from service, then I will go exploring.
      10-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #2805
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Coding experts challenge. Plenty of us out there who hate the light/sloppy steering feel, switching to sport mode helps but it's still not enough at low speeds. Hoping someone can find the code section to allow a change to the steering weight.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 08:09 AM   #2806
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTrees View Post
Coding experts challenge. Plenty of us out there who hate the light/sloppy steering feel, switching to sport mode helps but it's still not enough at low speeds. Hoping someone can find the code section to allow a change to the steering weight.
+1!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #2807
Howi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e

Question UK

Hi all , just joined

Have just got a 2016 40e and plan to make a few changes.

I am a programmer by trade so don't expect any problems

Cable is on its way so just need the software , anybody assist?

Cheers guys
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #2808
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howi View Post
Hi all , just joined

Have just got a 2016 40e and plan to make a few changes.

I am a programmer by trade so don't expect any problems

Cable is on its way so just need the software , anybody assist?

Cheers guys
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
Howi0.00
      10-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #2809
Howi
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #2810
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

F15/F16 steering wheel heating temperature

Does anyone know if we can raise the temperature on the steering wheel, my F16 seems to be warmer than my F15 steering wheel. I have a M sport steering wheel on the F15.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 06:57 AM   #2811
Howi
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post
Does anyone know if we can raise the temperature on the steering wheel, my F16 seems to be warmer than my F15 steering wheel. I have a M sport steering wheel on the F15.
Agreed it doesn't seem very warm, also the seat heating on F15 is no where as warm as my old E70?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #2812
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5MC

Here is a challenge for the experienced coders here, I have a 2016 X5 40e, I coded pretty much everything based on this AWESOME thread (after changing my drawers a couple of times thinking that I tanked the car). I ran into two snags, the first one unlocking all doors when the engine is off, this code VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK is only set to inactive and there is not option to select active and this code is missing CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING. I am using PSdZDATA 59.4 Lite and ESYS Launcher Premium 2.4.3 with Token Generator. The second one is in enabling sport+, I did the VO coding, added 2TB, recoded CFADs and cleared errors and went to code, I then inactivated the paddle shifters since I do not have them but I was not able to find ICM / ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG it does not exist. Any help is appreciated, you guys are extremely helpful, I leased the care based on advice here and coded it also based on advice here......... thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #2813
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitteEinBit View Post
@spike5150 Yes, VO code each and every folder except DME. This was opasha’s idea and it worked for me.

With my car we (r33 and I) determined through trial and error that the paddle wire does not exist in the steering column for whatever reason and simply inserting 2TB in FA and VO coding BDC_Body, Kombi, and ICM (and paddles off) didn’t work for me. 2TB would work fine, but the car continuously looked for the paddles and since there were none it would generate an error code and my transmission would randomly switch in and out of manual mode.

So opasha VO coded each and every folder except DME and coded paddles off, cleared DTCs (error codes) and I haven’t had a problem since.

Hopefully things will go smoother for you.

What happens if you code the DME?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #2814
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HZX540e View Post
Here is a challenge for the experienced coders here, I have a 2016 X5 40e, I coded pretty much everything based on this AWESOME thread (after changing my drawers a couple of times thinking that I tanked the car). I ran into two snags, the first one unlocking all doors when the engine is off, this code VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK is only set to inactive and there is not option to select active and this code is missing CLI_DEFAULT_UNLOCK_AFTER_END_OF_DRIVING. I am using PSdZDATA 59.4 Lite and ESYS Launcher Premium 2.4.3 with Token Generator. The second one is in enabling sport+, I did the VO coding, added 2TB, recoded CFADs and cleared errors and went to code, I then inactivated the paddle shifters since I do not have them but I was not able to find ICM / ICMKOD_B_SPORTLENKUNG it does not exist. Any help is appreciated, you guys are extremely helpful, I leased the care based on advice here and coded it also based on advice here......... thank you.
xdrive40e with Msport package gets 2TE STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with shift Paddles. 2TB is not an option for the F15 hybrid. What is your I-Step or full CAFD name? My F15 is P3.59 (F025-16-07-501) with CAFD_000017BE_052_010_221.ncd.

Quote:
If engine is running, you can end up bricking or corrupting ECU. Anything from requiring an injection procedure to needing a flatbed tow are possible.

Last edited by Almaretto; 10-15-2016 at 08:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 08:07 PM   #2815
HZX540e
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
xdrive40e with Msport package gets 2TE STEPTRONIC automatic transmission with shift Paddles. 2TB is not an option for the F15 hybrid. What is your I-Step or full CAFD name? My F15 is P3.59 (F025-16-07-501) with CAFD_000017BE_052_010_221.ncd.

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]

Quote:
If engine is running, you can end up bricking or corrupting ECU. Anything from requiring an injection procedure to needing a flatbed tow are possible.
Thanks, why would the engine be running during any of the these code manipulations?

As for the sport+ I posted before driving the car, and I'm not sure if this was always he case I've only been driving the car for two weeks, when I press sport twice sport+ shows up.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #2816
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, why would the engine be running during any of the these code manipulations?

As for the sport+ I posted before driving the car, and I'm not sure if this was always he case I've only been driving the car for two weeks, when I press sport twice sport+ shows up.
It is actually recommended to have engine running while coding or use an external PSU to maintain battery voltage. If the connection drops due to cable or computer issue as well as vehicle battery drops below limits while just running ignition (not engine), then there is potential to drop or corrupt CAFD's.

Running the engine also has the advantage of climate control.

If you are quick and utilize offline coding, then engine does not necessarily need to run. Engine should just not be running while coding DME/DDE.
Appreciate 0