BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #507
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine330 View Post
Got cha! Appreciate it. I thought the first code you mentioned worked for the led headlights! Funny how some people claim it works though
I mean, it's super easy to code the first one. The only way you can notice a difference is to see it yourself. It doesn't mess anything up. I coded it on an LED and I did it on mine. No difference that anyone noticed even when we discussed this in depth among members that have LED. Try it and see if you think it makes a difference. Sometimes it may not always be placebo effect . It's the different angles that make the light appear brighter, but you'll notice when you turn the knob to manual, how much more powerful the HALOS look at 100% default brightness compared to with the headlights on. Some were saying to me that the halos on your cars arent 100% by themselves, so maybe that could help? There is coding for this also:

FEM_BODY/3062/MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1/change from 32 to 64. Changes Day-Run Light Brightness (Left)
FEM_BODY/3062/MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1/change from 32 to 64. Changes Day-Run Light Brightness (Right)

again, for us, we look in BDC_BODY. I haven't checked this on mine because mine are already 100% brightness. Don't go into 3062 because that is for different BMWs. BDC_Body numbering might be a little difference so simply copy and paste the full code name and search this way.

Last edited by opasha; 11-25-2014 at 05:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #508
rosenbergendo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT3RS, F80 M3,997

Anyway to code the higher hp/torque gauges in the sport displays. The ones from the 50i onto the 35?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 05:07 PM   #509
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenbergendo View Post
Anyway to code the higher hp/torque gauges in the sport displays. The ones from the 50i onto the 35?
Nope, that's engine specific. I looked this up because I remember seeing your post or something similar before. There's no way to increase this from current coding. It may be somewhere hidden, but I know it's engine specific.
      11-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #510
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Omar, thank you very much brother. Everything works perfectly fine except for folding mirrors. Not sure if I asked you for that option. A big thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I seriously need to compile all the codes in one place . @r33 - I think tonight is the night where I just sit down and do it. My apologies for not having it done yet. Today, after two straight coding sessions, I realized how necessary it is to have the coding list and some new codes added to the cheat sheet.

@sirajkas, @Trojanlaw, it was a pleasure speaking to you both .

Also, everyone, I helped @sirajkas with the new free Token Solution. I have it, so PM me if you need to download it. It works beautifully. All you have to do is install ESYS correctly and leave the est section alone. Then you simply install and open up the ESYS Token Solution Premium Program and direct it to C:\Data, create your own pin/password and confirm it by typing it in again. From now on, there will be a new icon - the Red/Blue ESYS on your computer. That is the one you will use every time. It automatically generates and saves the token for you in the right location called FreeToken.est. So, if you try to use the regular Blue ESYS (it won't allow you to "edit fdl"). However, the Red/Blue ESYS will bypass and enter in all the correct files for the .est solution and take you straight into a working ESYS. I just helped @sirajkas fdl code everything with this free token solution. It works great. A big thank you to Token Master for it.

Last edited by sirajkas; 11-25-2014 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: I
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #511
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas View Post
Omar, thank you very much brother. Everything works perfectly fine except for folding mirrors. Not sure if I asked you for that option. A big thank you..
My pleasure, Siraj . Maybe one code wasn't activated. I can check for you via Team Viewer in 1 hour. I'm running errands at the moment. If you're comfortable coding, you can check the cheat sheet or the screen shot I posted of it two pages back near the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #512
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
I mean, it's super easy to code the first one. The only way you can notice a difference is to see it yourself. It doesn't mess anything up. I coded it on an LED and I did it on mine. No difference that anyone noticed even when we discussed this in depth among members that have LED. Try it and see if you think it makes a difference. Sometimes it may not always be placebo effect . It's the different angles that make the light appear brighter, but you'll notice when you turn the knob to manual, how much more powerful the HALOS look at 100% default brightness compared to with the headlights on. Some were saying to me that the halos on your cars arent 100% by themselves, so maybe that could help? There is coding for this also:

FEM_BODY/3062/MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1/change from 32 to 64. Changes Day-Run Light Brightness (Left)
FEM_BODY/3062/MAPPING_TAGFAHRL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1/change from 32 to 64. Changes Day-Run Light Brightness (Right)

again, for us, we look in BDC_BODY. I haven't checked this on mine because mine are already 100% brightness. Don't go into 3062 because that is for different BMWs. BDC_Body numbering might be a little difference so simply copy and paste the full code name and search this way.
So we got two but like you said above has no effect on F15, but below works:

Quote:
FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 (50%) or 64 (100%) - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when left headlamp is on.

FEM_BODY/3062 MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1/ change 8 to 32 or 64 - this code changes Angel Eye Brightness when right headlamp is on.
@alpine330,
I am really interested in this coding my halos to be %100 too because with LEDs, halo's get lost in the brightness of the headlights, and while I don't mind the stock brightness of DRL halos, I really want to get %100 or at least brighter halo's with low beams.
      11-25-2014, 11:56 PM   #513
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
So we got two but like you said above has no effect on F15, but below works:

@alpine330,
I am really interested in this coding my halos to be %100 too because with LEDs, halo's get lost in the brightness of the headlights, and while I don't mind the stock brightness of DRL halos, I really want to get %100 or at least brighter halo's with low beams.
The problem with the second code set is that it does not exist in the F15 infrastructure. It's broken up into like 8 different codes - 5 of them being numbers as I explained PWM_1, PWM_2, etc. It's very complicated and I don't know what each one does. I tried searching for them without much luck.
      11-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #514
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The problem with the second code set is that it does not exist in the F15 infrastructure. It's broken up into like 8 different codes - 5 of them being numbers as I explained PWM_1, PWM_2, etc. It's very complicated and I don't know what each one does. I tried searching for them without much luck.
Did you search for them in LED equipped F15? Is it possible they are different? Because Xenon equipped rings are already very bright, perhaps no coding necessary with those, but LEDs headlight's rings are weak. Like you said, maybe they are at max brightness already and they did put weaker rings in there.
      11-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #515
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Did you search for them in LED equipped F15? Is it possible they are different? Because Xenon equipped rings are already very bright, perhaps no coding necessary with those, but LEDs headlight's rings are weak. Like you said, maybe they are at max brightness already and they did put weaker rings in there.
The hardware could be slightly different, but the coding is all the same. You could be right. 100% could be brighter for the Bi-Xenon halos than 100% on the LED halos. Interesting observation. I wish there was more info on this. The drawbacks of being a new car .
      11-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #516
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Here's a pic of the zoom feature on the trailer hitch.
      11-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #517
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
Here's a pic of the zoom feature on the trailer hitch.
I posted a few pictures of it a few pages back, but I don't see your pic. I think it didn't post correctly.
      11-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #518
mikemi
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Speaking of rear camera. Is there a way to code it to show full screen? I recalled on a X5 loaner I had a couple months back that it can display rear camera in full screen but that X5 has the surround view feature.

My build does not have the surround view so it shows the rear camera in 2/3 of the screen with the PDC occupies 1/3.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #519
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
Speaking of rear camera. Is there a way to code it to show full screen? I recalled on a X5 loaner I had a couple months back that it can display rear camera in full screen but that X5 has the surround view feature.

My build does not have the surround view so it shows the rear camera in 2/3 of the screen with the PDC occupies 1/3.
Maybe that X5 had a Trailer Hitch and had HU_NBT => MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING = aktiv for Rear View Camera Zoom?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #520
mikemi
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Maybe that X5 had a Trailer Hitch and had HU_NBT => MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING = aktiv for Rear View Camera Zoom?
Actually I am asking about seeing the normal rear camera backup view in full screen, not the trailer view (which is pretty cool too after coding it)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 06:29 PM   #521
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
Actually I am asking about seeing the normal rear camera backup view in full screen, not the trailer view (which is pretty cool too after coding it)
As far as coding, no, there is not. The only way I think to even have this available would be to disable the Parking Sensor view (one of the two P's on the left option scroll). I don't even know if that would work, but you can try that.
      11-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #522
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Now that you mentioned the full screen (Panorama View) it also has a way to detect approaching vehicle, so it actually works better than rear view (reverse) camera, or it's supposed to work better. It has such a high viewing angle, too bad the standard rear view camera does not do that.

However I am not very happy with the front camera, you really can't tell how far you are from an object because it's mounted way too high. We really need individual corner cameras in next upgrade.

@opasha, in my E70, I was able to drive up and down on my driveway with just the DRL's on, it illuminated the walls on the sides and the front just enough for me to see everything, and of course it looked damn cool, with LED's on F15, I can't do that anymore, so they are definitely a lot dimmer, although I can't compare them to Non-LEDs on F15 if they are also weaker than E70. So I think overall halos on F15 might actually be weaker, especially if they are at %100 in DRL mode. (not sure if coding makes any difference, like you said)
      11-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #523
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Now that you mentioned the full screen (Panorama View) it also has a way to detect approaching vehicle, so it actually works better than rear view (reverse) camera, or it's supposed to work better. It has such a high viewing angle, too bad the standard rear view camera does not do that.

However I am not very happy with the front camera, you really can't tell how far you are from an object because it's mounted way too high. We really need individual corner cameras in next upgrade.

@opasha, in my E70, I was able to drive up and down on my driveway with just the DRL's on, it illuminated the walls on the sides and the front just enough for me to see everything, and of course it looked damn cool, with LED's on F15, I can't do that anymore, so they are definitely a lot dimmer, although I can't compare them to Non-LEDs on F15 if they are also weaker than E70. So I think overall halos on F15 might actually be weaker, especially if they are at %100 in DRL mode. (not sure if coding makes any difference, like you said)
Parking lights (just HALOS) also have brightness coding. You could try those from the pdf I sent you a while back. Also, enable the FOGS with your parking lights. This will give you halos with fogs on.
      11-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #524
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Parking lights (just HALOS) also have brightness coding. You could try those from the pdf I sent you a while back. Also, enable the FOGS with your parking lights. This will give you halos with fogs on.
Yes, adding to the list. Thanks for the reminder.

-Edit,
@opasha
Checked but I do not see above in cheat sheet or on pdf.
Also, is there a reason why your codes in first post are not being added to cheat sheet? It would be nice to have them all in one place.

Last edited by hyde; 11-26-2014 at 11:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2014, 12:07 AM   #525
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, adding to the list. Thanks for the reminder.

-Edit,
@opasha
Checked but I do not see above in cheat sheet or on pdf.
Also, is there a reason why your codes in first post are not being added to cheat sheet? It would be nice to have them all in one place.
I keep forgetting to update. Aside from my posts, adding to an xml document is super tedious, so I need a good hour or so uninterrupted to make everything neat/explained well for the F15. Contrary to what forum members may think from my helping in different threads, I am rather busy and do have a life .

EDIT: I'm currently updating/organizing the Cheat Sheet . Stay tuned.

Last edited by opasha; 11-27-2014 at 01:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 03:50 AM   #526
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

I have finally updated the F15 CHEAT SHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9s4/edit#gid=0 in the OP with the OP coding list (they are all deleted now and I will only post FA coding in the coding list), lots of new codes, and I organized it all so each ECU is together for much easier coding (the codes that were together in different ECUs I left alone and just added around them to make it all flow). It took me a good two hours . I will add more as I test them when I get my car back. Right now I added the ones I think/know work on our F15. If one in there does not work, let me know and I will remove it. Also, if you guys find new codes that work, let me know and I will update the cheat sheet. I hope this makes everything much easier for everybody .

I have also added notes for some of the codes so you will see tiny black corner marks for codes that have my notes. If anyone is confused on anything, I will add notes to those codes as well. Thanks.

Now to catch up on some much needed sleep, goodnight/good morning!

Last edited by opasha; 11-27-2014 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 2
      11-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #527
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@opasha, thank you for the updates on the cheatsheet.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #528
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
@opasha, thank you for the updates on the cheatsheet.
You're very welcome, Ben .
Appreciate 0