BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-30-2022, 07:57 AM   #1
Tyler James Inc
Rep
Drives: [Past]07 6mt 335i, 10 6mt 328i

Looking at a 2015 35D MSport and BBK Question

Hey y’all,

My wife and I have had a couple E90s, as well as many VWs, and an Audi; we like our Euro rigs.

Got a 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited X with the V8, and- though we love the V8 power and sound- the soft suspension is HORRENDOUS, and we’re worried about long term reliability of the Mopar.

We want back in a BMW, and we’re pretty set on an F15. Rented a 35i on our last trip, and it was extremely underwhelming all around. Really wanted the 50i, but came across a well-optioned 35d, and are now considering that as an option.

It’s a pretty clean 35d with Premium, Cold Weather, MSport, and has the OEM BBK. 54k miles.

For us, it’s hard to figure out a reasonable price when there’s hardly anything comparable to use against it. What’s a ball-park reasonable price for this rig on the West coast? $34k too much for a clean, well optioned 2015 35d with 54k miles?

Also, the brake pedal feels softer than it should for a German rig. While researching if a bigger master cylinder should be swapped in when doing the BBK, I read somewhere that the DDC should be recorded when doing the BBK. If this wasn’t done, would that cause a soft pedal? Can coding be utilized for achieving a firmer pedal feel?

Thanks guys,
Tyler
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 08:26 AM   #2
happydude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 / F15 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler James Inc View Post
Hey y’all,

My wife and I have had a couple E90s, as well as many VWs, and an Audi; we like our Euro rigs.

Got a 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited X with the V8, and- though we love the V8 power and sound- the soft suspension is HORRENDOUS, and we’re worried about long term reliability of the Mopar.

We want back in a BMW, and we’re pretty set on an F15. Rented a 35i on our last trip, and it was extremely underwhelming all around. Really wanted the 50i, but came across a well-optioned 35d, and are now considering that as an option.

It’s a pretty clean 35d with Premium, Cold Weather, MSport, and has the OEM BBK. 54k miles.

For us, it’s hard to figure out a reasonable price when there’s hardly anything comparable to use against it. What’s a ball-park reasonable price for this rig on the West coast? $34k too much for a clean, well optioned 2015 35d with 54k miles?

Also, the brake pedal feels softer than it should for a German rig. While researching if a bigger master cylinder should be swapped in when doing the BBK, I read somewhere that the DDC should be recorded when doing the BBK. If this wasn’t done, would that cause a soft pedal? Can coding be utilized for achieving a firmer pedal feel?

Thanks guys,
Tyler
Don’t know much about the west coast market but $34k for that low mileage if it’s as well optioned as you mention sounds like a great price to me! On your note with the BBK. I installed the M Performance BBK on my 35d and if it was not coded to the car after installation it would definitely make the pedal feel very soft (worse than stock). But you would have to have esys or something to check to see if the VO coding for BBK was completed on that car already.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 09:25 AM   #3
Tyler James Inc
Rep
Drives: [Past]07 6mt 335i, 10 6mt 328i

Thanks, happydude. I think it would be a solid rig for us.

And I said “DDC”, but meant brake/DSC module.
Appreciate 0