BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

02-01-2024, 09:32 AM   #1
desperatef15owner
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 X35D

X5 F15 2014 factory SLI with kafas2 , change to EU.

Hello everyone ,
I got my x5 from America and of course it has America maps but also the SLI information in the Instrument Cluster and HUD is a rectangle not circle like in the EU.

What i did so far:

I updated the maps to Europe NEXT (Since i have a NBT unit not EVO).
And tried to code different things on the SLI in KAFAS2 Module but i can't for the life of me activate this feature to work.
Currently i live in Kosovo , but the SLI info does not work in Bulgaria,Serbia or even Macedonia I tested it.

If anybody has any idea how to code it properly , please do share and thank you in advance!

PS : It has an accepted FSC code , so i know that is not the problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 10:51 AM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Did you VO code the region for the country? I am pretty sure you need to change that, also do you see the speed limit info in settings? See post #181:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...653573/page-10
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 11:23 AM   #3
desperatef15owner
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Did you VO code the region for the country? I am pretty sure you need to change that, also do you see the speed limit info in settings? See post #181:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...653573/page-10
Ah , i did not VO code at all , i just did the country_sli_npi to all 00 , and the TSM country variation to ECE_White(i think) .
Regarding the speed limit info in settings , all i can see in iDrive is speed limit -> set speed limit warning.

So i can set the speed limit manually , but nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 07:13 AM   #4
desperatef15owner
Registered
Rep

I have checked again , and the 8TH is present in VO.
In the iDrive i can enable speed limit information.
FSC Code reports as accepted.
COUNTRY_SLI_NPI_MODE = all 00
COD_CAMERA_ONLY = fusion_mode , if i change it to camera_only i only get --- without the sign at all.

My goal is to enable camera only road sign detection and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 11:51 AM   #5
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Since it is working in connection with maps info your country need to be in the list of "supported" for SLI and have information in maps. I think this might be a reason you can't make it work.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 06:59 AM   #6
desperatef15owner
Registered
Rep

Well I will update here , because i managed to make SLI work on unsupported countries,
keep in mind , it will only pull information from the KAFAS Camera , not NAV Data.

COD_CAMERA_ONLY = change from fusion_mode , to camera_only

You will only see --- without the traffic sign , but it will work when it notices a road sign.

TO DO:

Make SLI keep the sign until it notices another one.
Make NPI work with only KAFAS.

So if anyone has any ideas for these , feel free to comment , or even ask questions , I will help anyobody with whatever i know
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 09:01 AM   #7
gugo123
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

[QUOTE=desperatef15owner;30879932]Well I will update here , because i managed to make SLI work on unsupported countries,
keep in mind , it will only pull information from the KAFAS Camera , not NAV Data.

You will only see --- without the traffic sign , but it will work when it notices a road sign.

Hi,

In Georgia I own the similar X5 F15 2014 from USA, with factory SLI, which also shows only (---) instead of road signs. Already tried various coding settings, but no positive result. I'd very grateful if you can share with me your KAFAS CADF file with proper settings.
Thanx in advance.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:33 AM   #8
Mikenett
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMX X5

[QUOTE=gugo123;31098425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatef15owner View Post
Well I will update here , because i managed to make SLI work on unsupported countries,

Hi,

In Georgia I own the similar X5 F15 2014 from USA, with factory SLI, which also shows only (---) instead of road signs. Already tried various coding settings, but no positive result. I'd very grateful if you can share with me your KAFAS CADF file with proper settings.
Thanx in advance.

Hi,

I would also be interested to know this information and whether it is possible using Bummercode. Thanks for your assistance in advance.
Appreciate 0