BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #23
BleuDawg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
I got a reply from them. Not much info at all, didn't answer my questions...

You can find pricing for the Q0346 rear sway bar listed below, currently those would be special order items with extended delivery times. If you can provide us with your full shipping address we can quote you for delivery charges and estimated times to you.
Q0346 - $200.00usd

I will reply and ask my questions again, not a good sign they didn't even acknowledge them, IMO...
Lol,I got the exact same copy email - luckily the same price so that's reassuring... waiting for response $2 on shipping cost - getting installed in Covid times may be a challenge but lets see what happens...wonder if this is a DIY?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 07:45 AM   #24
BleuDawg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Reading some reviews on Honda / Acura - the hard race product seems to be pretty well known with good reviews - just unknown with BMW - agree there is some risk of trying a product that hasn't been widely tested or from a lesser known brand in these circles.
Appreciate 1
1norseman398.00
      05-13-2020, 08:07 AM   #25
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
dont have ur hopes up that this will be a high quality product. havnt heard of the brand hardrace before this thread, and not much information on the internet about the company. pretty sure they just send the specifications to some chinese manufacture company and have some tubes bent and be it.
I'm wondering about that also, thus I asked the questions I did and when I didn't get a reply, I took that as warning. I emailed them back, asking them to try to answer the questions I already asked them.
I'm thinking my decision will be based on if they care to reply or not...
You are likely right about it being China made and all that, but no other options and I have been wanting to try one for a while, see if that improves certain handling characteristics I don't like..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleuDawg View Post
Lol,I got the exact same copy email - luckily the same price so that's reassuring... waiting for response $2 on shipping cost - getting installed in Covid times may be a challenge but lets see what happens...wonder if this is a DIY?
Same price, but it seems inexpensive, what kind of quality? Not that I mind the price, but $200 and no answer to the questions I asked. Not a good sign.

When it comes to installing it, I'm thinking it might be a DIY. But that depends on how hard it is to remove the rear swaybar, and if any other components needs to be removed in the process?

Also, I wonder if baubaulu has any connection to this company?
Would have been nice to see him post some more about the install etc.

I might still order one and try it out, but I will wait and see if I hear back from Hardrace...
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #26
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Also, I wonder if baubaulu has any connection to this company?
Would have been nice to see him post some more about the install etc
His profile states hes from Hong Kong, knowing a little about the asian modding scene, they generally have a lot of in house brands that is not widely known outside of asia. i think this likely is one of the case here.

edit: spoke with a friend in asia, the company is actually taiwanese, and they make decent quality products for a decent price. hes using their upper control arms on his F30 on the track, so thats a lil bit more reassuring. now how to get our hands on some bars is another question.

Last edited by TOPEC; 05-13-2020 at 11:34 AM..
Appreciate 1
1norseman398.00
      01-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #27
Xstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35iX (gone)

AleksRacing recently started selling the Hardrace rear sway bar.

https://www.aleksracing.com/hardrace...e71-bmw-x6-f16

He also sells Ultra Racing F15 chassis bars which includes F & R sway bars for F15 X5.

https://www.aleksracing.com/ultrarac...-2013-2018-ur/
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 07:39 AM   #28
blakedunc235
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstar View Post
AleksRacing recently started selling the Hardrace rear sway bar.

https://www.aleksracing.com/hardrace...e71-bmw-x6-f16

He also sells Ultra Racing F15 chassis bars which includes F & R sway bars for F15 X5.

https://www.aleksracing.com/ultrarac...-2013-2018-ur/
If anybody gets this PLEASE let us know how you like it. I saw some of the pics include an F15 so it looks legit.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 03:15 PM   #29
Xstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35iX (gone)

I bought the Ultra Racing strut brace. I'd have to say it is very well made. Fit is spot on and it was straight swap for the OEM braces. All Ultra Racing braces come coated in gloss white. I prefer not having the aftermarket appearance and painted my strut brace black, which blends in quite nicely in the engine bay.

The strut brace definitely gives a noticeable improvement in handling. While not dramatic, I'd rather have the brace than to drive without it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 05:15 AM   #30
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

I came across Hardrace as well, and had the same issues trying to get in touch with them. However, it's the only brand that has aftermarket sways for my BMW F07 5GT, which is a pretty rare platform to modify.

Came across www.aleksracing.com recently and their customer support is pretty good. Fast emails and answered my questions. I'm going to place an order with them this week, hopefully it works out. If all is well, then will definitely recommend you guys reach out to Aleks to see about getting some sways for your X cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 09:28 PM   #31
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstar View Post
I bought the Ultra Racing strut brace. I'd have to say it is very well made. Fit is spot on and it was straight swap for the OEM braces. All Ultra Racing braces come coated in gloss white. I prefer not having the aftermarket appearance and painted my strut brace black, which blends in quite nicely in the engine bay.

The strut brace definitely gives a noticeable improvement in handling. While not dramatic, I'd rather have the brace than to drive without it.
Cost? Less body roll?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 11:58 PM   #32
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 03:38 AM   #33
Jdfrmli
Rep
Drives: 09 blue water metallic lci e90

Also following, any updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 11:58 PM   #34
acmurda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 m3

resurrecting this thread. Just placed an order for the hardrace rear and Ultra front sway bar. I'm on M adaptive with rear air and currently on a mission to eliminate or at least significantly reduce body roll. I will keep you all posted.

ps: can anyone guide me on the front sway bar installation, I know the rear is easily accessible and straight forward install, just hoping the front isn't a pita.
Appreciate 1
E90325M475.00
      06-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #35
ctsorb
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 f16 M50D

acmurda

did you install both bars yet? Is it a noticible difference because I'm debating on doing both also. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 03:54 PM   #36
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmurda View Post
resurrecting this thread. Just placed an order for the hardrace rear and Ultra front sway bar. I'm on M adaptive with rear air and currently on a mission to eliminate or at least significantly reduce body roll. I will keep you all posted.

ps: can anyone guide me on the front sway bar installation, I know the rear is easily accessible and straight forward install, just hoping the front isn't a pita.

I've installed both front and rear sway bars about a month ago:

To do the front, front bumper, radiator, intercooler, both front wheels, front inner well arch cover, underbelly pan, and the aluminum bracket for the brake ventilation will all need to come off first. Then just unbolt and guide it out, replace, bolt everything back on and you're set. Not an average replacement job, but not as hard as dismounting the engine or the transmission.

The result is a dream handling ride, I'm loving mine, along with a H&R spring and Bilstein B6 struts.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 10:50 PM   #37
acmurda
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsorb View Post
acmurda

did you install both bars yet? Is it a noticible difference because I'm debating on doing both also. Thanks
I installed the rear Hardrace bar, It made a significant difference in ride quality, body roll is greatly reduced and highway driving is alot less floaty and wander free, on/off ramp is where you really notice the difference. Also a significant improvement in steering response.
To me the rear alone was a good enough upgrade and the amount of work required to swap out the front just didn't seem like a task I wanted to take on. I will probably just change to poly bushings on the front and call it a day.

Rear alone is well worth the investment, and it's an easy under 1 hr diy.
Appreciate 1
sukhk5272168.00
      06-25-2022, 01:40 PM   #38
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupetc View Post
To do the front, front bumper, radiator, intercooler, both front wheels, front inner well arch cover, underbelly pan, and the aluminum bracket for the brake ventilation will all need to come off first. Then just unbolt and guide it out, replace, bolt everything back on and you're set. Not an average replacement job, but not as hard as dismounting the engine or the transmission.
i initially thought no way a front sway bar replacement involve that much work... but i looked up the factory service manual n yes indeed u need to remove all these other parts in order to r&r the front sway lol.
      06-25-2022, 10:22 PM   #39
acmurda
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
i initially thought no way a front sway bar replacement involve that much work... but i looked up the factory service manual n yes indeed u need to remove all these other parts in order to r&r the front sway lol.
As great as dhp is, imagine the bill for when its time to replace that leaking front active sway bar
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 10:47 AM   #40
Vdesai0326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2015 bmw x5  [0.00]
This maybe a dumb question but are there options for sway bar links on air ride. Seems like they go bad more often then I would like since I air out when parked causing the ball joints go bad and make noise on bumps.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 10:35 AM   #41
yupetc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 X535i

I've driven the X5 with DHP and I'll say that standard suspension fitted with the upgraded sway bars is still the way to go. DHP only stiffens cornering up a bit and it's also "lazy" in response. The upgraded sway bars will put the standard suspension at top spot in my opinion for suspension performance. It literally has an all-time minimal sway no matter how I go about a corner. And if you don't like how "plush" the standard springs/shocks go, you can go for a set of KONI active sport shocks and option at a set of Eibach springs to get that slight extra planted feel on the road. I'll say that standard suspension loses in competitiveness against the DHP in terms of spring/shocks, but the KONI active sport FSD will make it a worthy rivaling option.
Appreciate 0