BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-19-2024, 06:51 PM   #1
kry226
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

M-Sport Exhaust Tip/Flap Broke Off

Well as the title says, the right side tip completely separated from the muffler this evening and was only kept somewhat in place by the flap harness. We had just come off the highway after about a 2-hour run and were driving through the neighborhood when we heard the exhaust get a bit louder. The car has 79k on it.

Looks like a clean break of the pipe, but also looks like it has been cracked for a bit as the top edge seems to be dirty and doesn't look like shiny newly cracked metal like the bottom edge. There has been no discernible exhaust note/loudness change prior to this evening.

I don't really have any experience with these exhausts, but looking at RealOEM, the muffler and both tail pipes are a single piece, part # 18308648381. MSRP is over $2,200 but I've found it for around $1,500.

But I assume this is this something a good muffler shop/indy can weld back together? Anyone seen this happen before? Thoughts? Options? TIA!

Appreciate 0