shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner80 View Post
can someone please send me the links for the software. Thanks!
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 08:38 PM   #1564
M3LOLJK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok, that is what I expected for 100%. I am surprised it did not work.

I think it is all 4 codes that must be set to 100%:

MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_1 (or MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD)
MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_1 (or MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_LEVEL_STANDARD)
MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_1_LEFT
MAPPING_PARKL_V_L_PWM_2_RIGHT
Finally! You were right.... Had to code the following:

MAPPING_STANDL_V_L_PWM_1_STANDARD --> 100%
MAPPING_STANDL_V_R_PWM_1_STANDARD --> 100%
MAPPING_PARKL_1_V_L_PWM_1_LEFT --> 100%
MAPPING_PARKL_1_V_R_PWM_2_RIGHT -->100%

I didn't notice an increase in brightness but I did notice that the angel eye brightness remains the same regardless of which mode the switch is turned. No more dimming which is fine with me Thank you once again!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 09:07 PM   #1565
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLJK View Post

I didn't notice an increase in brightness but I did notice that the angel eye brightness remains the same regardless of which mode the switch is turned. No more dimming which is fine with me Thank you once again!
Did you notice the difference? I coded mine (LED headlamp) and I couldn't tell the difference.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 10:14 PM   #1566
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOLJK View Post

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #1567
M3LOLJK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Did you notice the difference? I coded mine (LED headlamp) and I couldn't tell the difference.
I have LED headlamps as well and didnt notice an increase in brightness. I'm just glad that the AE's dont dim out once I turn the switch to have the fog lights on. The AE + LED fog light combo makes the front end look real aggressive when it's dark out now.

I tried getting the fogs to turn on with the welcome lights once you hit the unlock button but no luck:

MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PART_OF --> FLB_UEA
MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PART_OF --> FLB_UEA

Any info out on that ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #1568
QsX5
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5d

I like to start playing with coding. Can I get a link to download the latest software? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 06:02 PM   #1569
coolmex200
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 2016 X5 35i, F25d

Dash lights

Anyone have a link/code on how to get the dash lights to stay white vs turning red with the lights on at night? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #1570
Paddy_Lux
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 40d M-Sport

I "blind coded" the mirror fold delay (from 2sec to instant). Everything was working as usual but for some reason I didn't see the function values. Has anyone ever encountered such issue? Should I re-instal the whole software or is there an easier way to restore those values?

Does this have anything to do with:
* NOTE: 55.4 PSdZData requires E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x for FDL Coding. BMW AG made changes to PSdZData beginning with 54.2 PSdZData where they removed (trimmed) all descriptive text from CAFD (and FAFP) files, making FDL Coding of ECU's difficult, as the FDL Codes can no longer be easily located. E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.x uses historical CAFD data from older Untrimmed PSdZData releases to dynamically map the trimmed data back into E-Sys.

If yes I'm not sure how that happened to me as I haven't updated my software (just reinstalled due to fresh Windows install) since I coded Auto Start/Stop where all the values were displayed properly. Or perhaps it matters how you unzip the PSdZData?

I'm really running out of ideas
Attached Images

Last edited by Paddy_Lux; 06-19-2015 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-20-2015, 10:23 PM   #1571
kyledo123
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarif1 View Post
Has anyone had problems with the LED headlight drivers? I removed 8S4 from my VO, upgraded all modules to 14-11-502 (54.2) and iDrive now reports right and left turn signal failure. The rear and mirror turn signals work fine but the fronts don't flash all. LED headlights work but no turn signals.

The error messages from my Bavarian Technic tool are 805CF8/805E78 "LED not taught-in"
I am having the same issue upon updating from 14-11-506 to 15-03-501. Everything works but the front turn signals. The back and mirror turn signal also flash rapidly. I am also getting the error message "LEDs not taught one". And Ista/d say I need to initialise the front driver light modules.

Does anyone know have to fix this issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #1572
Paddy_Lux
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 40d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_Lux View Post
I "blind coded" the mirror fold delay (from 2sec to instant). Everything was working as usual but for some reason I didn't see the function values. Has anyone ever encountered such issue? Should I re-instal the whole software or is there an easier way to restore those values?......

I'm really running out of ideas
I got in touch with TokenMaster and he suggested to wait until I will be able to choose the right car series (F15) when running a Premium Launcher. There is a 48hour delay before you can modify that field hence hence trimmed function values if you run a program with a default setting (F999). Today the waiting period was over and I was able to code my car without further issues
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #1573
kyledo123
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_Lux View Post
I got in touch with TokenMaster and he suggested to wait until I will be able to choose the right car series (F15) when running a Premium Launcher. There is a 48hour delay before you can modify that field hence hence trimmed function values if you run a program with a default setting (F999). Today the waiting period was over and I was able to code my car without further issues
If you get a time wait period, just change your date and time and it will go away and you will be able to select the series.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 11:26 PM   #1574
erpguru
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 50i

Coding, engine on or off

All,

I am going to code my F15 this week and I read that you have to be aware of the voltage drop from the battery while coding. Can this occur in just the 30 minutes or so to code the various items? If so, would it be ok to just keep the engine on ,or should I connect a battery trickle charger? I didn't know if the engine running would interfere with the coding - wouldn't think so since I am only coding various items not associated with the engine, 'but'..

What is the 'best practice'? Code a little, run engine, stop, repeat, just keep the engine on, or charger?

Thanks,
John
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 11:29 PM   #1575
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erpguru View Post
All,

I am going to code my F15 this week and I read that you have to be aware of the voltage drop from the battery while coding. Can this occur in just the 30 minutes or so to code the various items? If so, would it be ok to just keep the engine on ,or should I connect a battery trickle charger? I didn't know if the engine running would interfere with the coding - wouldn't think so since I am only coding various items not associated with the engine, 'but'..

What is the 'best practice'? Code a little, run engine, stop, repeat, just keep the engine on, or charger?

Thanks,
John
Just run the motor.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 11:31 PM   #1576
erpguru
Rep

Engine running while coding

Quote:
Just run the motor.
Thank you! Looking forward to tweaking it this week!

John
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #1577
kyledo123
Rep

Quote:
Thank you! Looking forward to tweaking it this week!

John
Dont code your DME module with the engine running.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 09:12 AM   #1578
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledo123 View Post
Dont code your DME module with the engine running.
Very True, although there is nothing to code in there anyway.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:17 PM   #1579
erpguru
Rep

First Coding Questions

Ok, so I got the cable in the mail today, so had to try it out a little, or at least as much as I could handle in a hot Texas garage. I read all of the ECUs and did the backup of the default values and saved them off.

Now the question - I wanted to try a simple one to try out and selected lowering the blind spot speed. I lowered it to 20kph, and when I did the coding, I got a number of errors on the dashboard during the coding - is this normal ? Also the footwell light went to white. When people say they lost their ambiant lighting, is that what they meant, the color? or that it is totally out - is the dash errors normal during coding? There weren't any after restarting the car..Sorry for the silly questions as I am just cutting my teeth on this and the new software (which is WAAAY) better than the older software I used on my E70 X5..

Oh and second question - say I code the entire car the way I want, why not just save off those ncd files and if the car is recoded by the dealership, read the ecus, restore the directory and just recode fdl - no need to go into each value and change - wouldn't this save a lot of time?

Thanks!
John

Quote:
Very True, although there is nothing to code in there anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 06:24 AM   #1580
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, so I got the cable in the mail today, so had to try it out a little, or at least as much as I could handle in a hot Texas garage. I read all of the ECUs and did the backup of the default values and saved them off.
Back car out of garage, and run the Motor and AC.

Quote:
Now the question - I wanted to try a simple one to try out and selected lowering the blind spot speed. I lowered it to 20kph, and when I did the coding, I got a number of errors on the dashboard during the coding - is this normal ? Also the footwell light went to white. When people say they lost their ambiant lighting, is that what they meant, the color? or that it is totally out - is the dash errors normal during coding? There weren't any after restarting the car..Sorry for the silly questions as I am just cutting my teeth on this and the new software (which is WAAAY) better than the older software I used on my E70 X5..
For Active Blind Spot Detection, anything below 25 kmh (17 mph) will result in a system error.

I am not sure about the Ambient Lighting, but I would expect it to heal itself after car goes to sleep.

Quote:
Oh and second question - say I code the entire car the way I want, why not just save off those ncd files and if the car is recoded by the dealership, read the ecus, restore the directory and just recode fdl - no need to go into each value and change - wouldn't this save a lot of time?
I would not do this. When car receives new firmware, it also receives new CAFD. So, you would be taking raw coding data from old CAFD "A" and then applying it to new CAFD "B". This will work so long as BMW AG has not changed the CAFD structure in any way between versions "A" and "B". Unfortunately, I know this to not always be the case, and if changes are made to the CAFD structure, the backed up raw coding data will not align properly with the new CAFD.

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:34 AM   #1581
erpguru
Rep

Basic Coding Questions

Thanks for the info, very good point about the changing file structure, didn't think of that.

As of the coding from last night - the ambient lighting is ok may have been something in my head. The footwell light is white but once you start the car it goes to my setting orange, just don't remember if it worked that way prior.

As for the blind spot detection lowering - confirmed that it is enabled down to 20kph. Going to try to code some other items today at lunch as I brought my laptop and cable in..

Update - got everything coded from the F15 cheat sheet on the first page of the thread with the exception of the eco coasting stuff and everything is working as described

Oh, one other note. For the ecu body changes - I read the ECU and then disconnected..went inside (AC aaahh) and coded the values off-line. When done, I saved off the file - went back to the car - reread/re-enabled the ecu, copied the file back and then coded..saved a lot of time and didn't have to sit in a hot garage..

Quote:
Back car out of garage, and run the Motor and AC.

For Active Blind Spot Detection, anything below 25 kmh (17 mph) will result in a system error.

I am not sure about the Ambient Lighting, but I would expect it to heal itself after car goes to sleep.

I would not do this. When car receives new firmware, it also receives new CAFD. So, you would be taking raw coding data from old CAFD "A" and then applying it to new CAFD "B". This will work so long as BMW AG has not changed the CAFD structure in any way between versions "A" and "B". Unfortunately, I know this to not always be the case, and if changes are made to the CAFD structure, the backed up raw coding data will not align properly with the new CAFD.

Last edited by erpguru; 06-24-2015 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:12 PM   #1582
bmh
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Very slow connection?

Just getting started coding my F15 X5 (201505 build) - trying to make a full backup of OEM settings. I followed the video and got the FA, then read ECU, then set the filter to CAF and then selected "Read Coding data" from the SVT head folder: well this ran for roughly 30 minutes before the car shut off, and it only made it through 26 of the 35 ECUs (based on file output). The engine was not running at the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have some sort of connectivity issue? I will add it usually takes at least 1-2 minutes for my laptop to negotiate a connection with the car.

This seems very slow.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #1583
kopfjaeger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x535d

new to coding

I got rid of my 328i a few months back for a x5 Diesel, and I love it so far. I've been following these coding threads for a bit now, and I'm going to give it a shot (thanks to opasha for the extremely well documented guide).

I purchased the obd2 -> enet cable from rgsportshop as suggested in the guide, but curious if anyone has a good location to download the e-sys software and PSdZData files?

My car was build in March, so I'm curious to see what version of software I have. It sounds like there were a few issues recently with the recent updates, which I imagine may have been loaded at the factory, so it may be an adventure.

Thanks in advance for any guidance on the software.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #1584
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
Just getting started coding my F15 X5 (201505 build) - trying to make a full backup of OEM settings. I followed the video and got the FA, then read ECU, then set the filter to CAF and then selected "Read Coding data" from the SVT head folder: well this ran for roughly 30 minutes before the car shut off, and it only made it through 26 of the 35 ECUs (based on file output). The engine was not running at the time.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have some sort of connectivity issue? I will add it usually takes at least 1-2 minutes for my laptop to negotiate a connection with the car.

This seems very slow.
Seems normal to me. Connection to car is using DHCP Fallback, and it takes a couple minutes before IP Address are taken by car and PC LAN Adapter.

Reading 35 ECU's, particularly NBT and BDC can take a long time. The speed has been slowed down significantly as now E-Sys Launcher has to map all the Trimmed data back in.

Only mistake you made was not running the motor.

Appreciate 0