BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

10-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #1
karoshi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40e

X5 40e - Connecteddrive connectivity issues when parked

I have been experiencing connectivity issues with my car through connecteddrive and wanted to check with the ever growing owner base of the X5 40e whether others are experiencing this as well:

My care is properly setup in connecteddrive and I'm able to send commands to it as horn / unlock etc...
So far so good...
But after a while when parked and not plugged in the car becomes unreachable for the app / website of connecteddrive.
It's not parked in a garage / low coverage area so not an issue as right after it was parked was reachable.

I contacted BMW and they confirm that it's an issue but do not have a "fix" yet. Anyone else experiencing this behavior and found a cure?

It appears this only is happening with the 40e.

All input is welcome.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #2
mpd79
Rep
Drives: X5 45e, 530e, X5 40e, 550i

Not me

2016 40e here, haven't noticed any issues, regularly use Alexa to ventilate the car before I go in.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

ConnectedDrive services have gone down occasionally. This has affected real-time traffic and remote features. It usually fixes itself.

When it has been down, it is out for all my BMW's and not just the 40e.

Other things to try are manually updating services using the idrive menus. There is also a procedure in ISTA+. I think I remember seeing a PuMA case about ConnectedDrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
karoshi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40e

Hi thanks for your answers.
However it's strange behavior because as soon as I plug in the car the connected services work again.
I think that the module goes into sleepmode and is not able to "answer" to the command sent by the central server.
But kinda strange that not all users are experiencing this.

Thanks for all input by the way. That's what I love about this forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

I am not exactly sure what goes to sleep when, but it would defeat the purpose of remote functions if that system completely shuts down.

I do know that my F15 seems to be more active with fans occasionally running while plugged even hours after turning off vehicle.

Do you happen to know your vehicle's software version? I would think BMW would know specifically if they patched any issue of which they were aware, but that may explain why not all members are reporting the problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 04:01 PM   #6
Uberdayyeh
Rep
Drives: X5 40e

Hello, how is this done. Seems to be what I am running into as well. Is this something we can do or needs a dealer visit?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
ConnectedDrive services have gone down occasionally. This has affected real-time traffic and remote features. It usually fixes itself.

When it has been down, it is out for all my BMW's and not just the 40e.

Other things to try are manually updating services using the idrive menus. There is also a procedure in ISTA+. I think I remember seeing a PuMA case about ConnectedDrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdayyeh View Post
Hello, how is this done. Seems to be what I am running into as well. Is this something we can do or needs a dealer visit?

Thanks.
PM Sent
Appreciate 0