BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-28-2016, 03:55 AM   #1
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

iDrive Malfunction

Wonder if anyone else has experienced these issues.

I parked my X5 yesterday for around 6 hours, prior to parking everything was fine.

When I started and drove away the first thing I noticed was that my phone would not connect to Bluetooth. Once I started to look at things it was clear there were a number of issues.

I had a warning notice on the screen "No Warning Tones" although this has not shown as a fault in the vehicle status.

I now have no Bluetooth connectivity, no radio (the stored stations are blank and unable to select anything manually), my phone is recognized on USB but unable to select playlists etc they are blank, also have no sound from parking sensors.

I have left it all off overnight and its the same ..... just waiting on a call back from my dealership.

Any similar experiences ? or suggestions of how to perhaps force a reset on the system ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 08:06 AM   #2
Meast
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
Wonder if anyone else has experienced these issues.

I parked my X5 yesterday for around 6 hours, prior to parking everything was fine.

When I started and drove away the first thing I noticed was that my phone would not connect to Bluetooth. Once I started to look at things it was clear there were a number of issues.

I had a warning notice on the screen "No Warning Tones" although this has not shown as a fault in the vehicle status.

I now have no Bluetooth connectivity, no radio (the stored stations are blank and unable to select anything manually), my phone is recognized on USB but unable to select playlists etc they are blank, also have no sound from parking sensors.

I have left it all off overnight and its the same ..... just waiting on a call back from my dealership.

Any similar experiences ? or suggestions of how to perhaps force a reset on the system ?

Thanks
Try holding the volume/power button knob in for 20 seconds to reset the iDrive system. It will go blank and then start up again.

Are you using the same key or a different key? This shouldn't affect it outside of the preset keys disappearing. However, perhaps its a battery issue and it has low voltage?

Try the reset and also try keeping the vehicle on for about 10-15 mins and see if it persists.
Appreciate 0