BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #1
Uberdayyeh
Rep
Drives: X5 40e

BMW Connected App

Hello,
Hope someone has an idea of what I am dealing with here.
I picked up my X5 40e 5 weeks ago and started using the iPhone app without issue. About 2 weeks later started having connectivity problems. The app would report problems communicating between the car and the BMW server.
Called BMW Genius who were not at so helpful and had me hit the download assist option several times. The Assist drive reps were much nicer and finally told me that my account appears on one server but not the other. They issued a work ticket and are supposed to get back to me next week.
In the meanwhile I logged out on the car and since had not been able to log back on until last night. iDrive reported "connection not possible" since then the commands only occasionally work from the app.

Anyone had this issue come up. Could it have anything to do with coding or is there a defective communication module in the car?
I am hoping its the account thing.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #2
Uberdayyeh
Rep
Drives: X5 40e

I was messing with it today and found that turning on the car, and logging out then back in fixes the problem while the car is on and shortly after. It then is unreachable after that...

Thanks
Appreciate 0