Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
New to the X5 club...

Hey Everyone,

Well, yesterday I turned in my '14 M5 and picked up my new car. Originally I was seriously looking at getting into a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. My nearest dealership had 12 on the lot. Unfortunately, they were total asshats and couldn’t make a straight deal to save their lives.

They said that in order to give me the discount I wanted off MSRP they had to increase my interest rate from 3% to 8%. LOL That is when I walked out after two and a half hours.

About 2 weeks ago I signed all the papers on a ’17 X5 5.0 M Sport and picked it up last night. The funny thing is, it has a much higher MSRP than the Jeep SRT, but my lease payment is actually much lower than the Jeep, so it all worked out in the end.

It is Carbon Black/Black with the aluminum trim. Not my ideal color combination, but the lot selection was either White, Black or Silver.

I've dealt with my sales guy for nearly 10 years now, so the entire process was extremely simple and smooth. I will say, the only thing they tried to sell me was the buy up package for brake service. They offered it at $800 because brakes are no longer covered on the 2017s. They were pushing hard saying that the brakes will definitely need to be replaced within 3 years and that it is $2,000 for all 4 wheels.

I told them that they were nuts and there is no need to replace rotors at that interval and that is when they said that they don't replace only pads, they will only do pads with rotors. Funny because when brakes were included they wouldn't replace rotors until they got to minimum thickness.

I put 21k miles on my M5 and didn't even come close to needing a brake service so I am not too worried about the X5.

Anyway, looking forward to being back in an SUV.

Cheers!

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 12:06 PM   #2
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Awesome. Just swapped out my M5 for the X5M also. Completely different driving dynamics.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #3
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Good for you. I'll never go back to Jeep. Chrysler tried to screw me over years ago when I had a big issue with a 1999 Grand Cherokee Ltd V8 which they wouldn't take off my hands. I logged over 200 days in service, all drive train related. Long story short, I wrote a letter to the AG. The dealer got a letter stating that they received a complaint, and they understand that there are two sides to every story. If they did not respond within 30 days with their side, fraud charges would be filed. They wound up buying me out of my lease and giving me $10,000. I went right to the BMW dealer haven't looked back.

I tore through brakes on my 3 Jeeps, I don't think I've had to replace brakes on any of my BMWs. I'm on my 6th.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Congrats Gnaluz. I hope you like yours as much as I loved my MY14 50i that I just traded in.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@GNALUZU congrats on the car.
Glad those Jeep guys didn't give you the deal.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #6
BMWSRT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Hey Everyone,

Well, yesterday I turned in my '14 M5 and picked up my new car. Originally I was seriously looking at getting into a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. My nearest dealership had 12 on the lot. Unfortunately, they were total asshats and couldn’t make a straight deal to save their lives.

They said that in order to give me the discount I wanted off MSRP they had to increase my interest rate from 3% to 8%. LOL That is when I walked out after two and a half hours.

About 2 weeks ago I signed all the papers on a Ă‚Â’17 X5 5.0 M Sport and picked it up last night. The funny thing is, it has a much higher MSRP than the Jeep SRT, but my lease payment is actually much lower than the Jeep, so it all worked out in the end.

It is Carbon Black/Black with the aluminum trim. Not my ideal color combination, but the lot selection was either White, Black or Silver.

I've dealt with my sales guy for nearly 10 years now, so the entire process was extremely simple and smooth. I will say, the only thing they tried to sell me was the buy up package for brake service. They offered it at $800 because brakes are no longer covered on the 2017s. They were pushing hard saying that the brakes will definitely need to be replaced within 3 years and that it is $2,000 for all 4 wheels.

I told them that they were nuts and there is no need to replace rotors at that interval and that is when they said that they don't replace only pads, they will only do pads with rotors. Funny because when brakes were included they wouldn't replace rotors until they got to minimum thickness.

I put 21k miles on my M5 and didn't even come close to needing a brake service so I am not too worried about the X5.

Anyway, looking forward to being back in an SUV.

Cheers!
I have both.... Jeep SRTs lease terribly and dealerships cant even compare to BMW. That being said, I like both for different reasons and both put a smile to my face!
Appreciate 0