BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
citznfish
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 M Sport w/20" wheels

Question Quick questions about issue with new 2016 X5

Hello,

I was curious if this is a known issue or not. For our X5 we have 2 seating positions saved. We have the car set up so that depending on which keyfob is used the driver seat should go into that drivers position. It is correctly set up within the key fob options. It worked great for about a week. Now it doesn't return the seats to the proper drivers position for either of us. If I manually pur the button on the seat it does this correctly. However, I really want to to do it based on the keyfob that unlocked the door.

Again, this is set up correctly, that is guaranteed.

Is this a known bug with the software?

Also, our BMW "genius" at the dealership swears our navigation maps will be automatically updated via satellite. (it currently doesn't show our new street we live on ) Is that true? I think they are wrong and it requires a DVD or USB to update.

Thanks!
CF
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

they will not be automatically updated you have to pay for updates unless the system is faulty or damaged.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 01:08 AM   #3
Mu5e
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Not sure if it helpful, but this was always confusing me.
There are two memorized positions for seat. But since there are twokey fobs, does it mean each has their own settings (so 4 posisitions total), or seat positions are independent on key fob and there are two total.

Anyhow, it is always a hustle for me and my wife with remote access key who has to open the door first so the seat goes to right position etc. So I ended up forcing to select profile when the car starts, and selected to load last posistion of seat. Now, regardless which key was used to open the door, I can set the right thing from menu and the seat goes to where it needs.
Appreciate 0