BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
stickersteve
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 brooklyn grey X3

New x5 owner, a couple questions

I picked up a new 2017 X5 yesterday very well equipped, including the M sport package. carbon black with black wheels. had it one day and already turning heads. Not sure I wanted that much attention. I have not read back to far on this board but here are two questions I have.

1. Is there a way to add a remote start feature? I live in arizona and the summers are brutal. I was disapointed that this feature was not available. Even on my jeep, that I traded in I was able to start the car to get it cool before I got in.

2. The camera is amazing on this car. I test drove just about every luxury SUV before getting the X5. This by far has the best camera. I would love to turn it into a dash cam without adding a dash cam. Any to use the existing camera and recording from it?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2017, 06:45 PM   #2
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

1) Yes ... http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...t=Remote+start

2) No but folks have installed the BMW brand dash cam, or Blackvue 650, or the Thinkware F770. I have the F770 and it's worth the piece of mind.

Congrats on the new purchase and share some pics!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 12:58 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickersteve View Post
I picked up a new 2017 X5 yesterday very well equipped, including the M sport package. carbon black with black wheels. had it one day and already turning heads. Not sure I wanted that much attention. I have not read back to far on this board but here are two questions I have.

1. Is there a way to add a remote start feature? I live in arizona and the summers are brutal. I was disapointed that this feature was not available. Even on my jeep, that I traded in I was able to start the car to get it cool before I got in.
The 'basic' BMW Connected Drive gives you the option to heat or cool the car based on temperature inside and outside of the car - I'm sure this option is available in NA.

This is separate from the Auxiliary heating which is a different engine that heats the car based on a timer you can set either in the car via the iDrive or remotely via a key fob OR Connected Drive app.
Appreciate 0