BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

08-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

Questions for X5 50i M sport that I just ordered - help!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Question - my fiancé and I just ordered a Carbon Black X5 50i with M sport package and we are super excited!

I have 2 questions/concerns about our order that I believe I've figured out by referring to the Pricing Guide for the X5 (F15)

1.) X5 50i should have Multi-Contour seats standard, but our build says Sport Seats. Reading the fine print on the Multi-Contour seats it says:
"456 requires ordering Leather Dakota, ZDI, ZMD, or ZPP
456 cannot be ordered with LCMY"
which is the Dakota Mocha - which is of course what we specified - so in order to take advantage of the Multi-Contour seats which are included with the 50i, we have to choose a Dakota leather color that is not Mocha??? seems a bit stupid.
My fiancé has had neck surgery and having the most comfortable/supportive seats was one of the reasons why we looked at the X5 50i.
I guess our option is to look at another Dakota Color - or pay the premium for nappa leather.

2.) M sport Standard suspension was selected by the dealer. I see for an additional fee you can select the 2VF Adaptive M Suspension - assume that is recommended to alter the suspension between sport and comfort? is it worth the upcharge?

Here is the current build out:
X5 xDrive50i
Carbon Black Metallic
Mocha Dakota Leather
M sport
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
20" M Double Spoke Wheels
Comfort Rear Seats
4-zone automatic climate control

Thanks for the assistance!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
jman26
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Question - my fiancé and I just ordered a Carbon Black X5 50i with M sport package and we are super excited!

I have 2 questions/concerns about our order that I believe I've figured out by referring to the Pricing Guide for the X5 (F15)

1.) X5 50i should have Multi-Contour seats standard, but our build says Sport Seats. Reading the fine print on the Multi-Contour seats it says:
"456 requires ordering Leather Dakota, ZDI, ZMD, or ZPP
456 cannot be ordered with LCMY"
which is the Dakota Mocha - which is of course what we specified - so in order to take advantage of the Multi-Contour seats which are included with the 50i, we have to choose a Dakota leather color that is not Mocha??? seems a bit stupid.
My fiancé has had neck surgery and having the most comfortable/supportive seats was one of the reasons why we looked at the X5 50i.
I guess our option is to look at another Dakota Color - or pay the premium for nappa leather.

2.) M sport Standard suspension was selected by the dealer. I see for an additional fee you can select the 2VF Adaptive M Suspension - assume that is recommended to alter the suspension between sport and comfort? is it worth the upcharge?

Here is the current build out:
X5 xDrive50i
Carbon Black Metallic
Mocha Dakota Leather
M sport
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
20" M Double Spoke Wheels
Comfort Rear Seats
4-zone automatic climate control

Thanks for the assistance!

I can only speak intelligently about q1

Comfort seats are only available in
Dakota black & canberra
Nappa mocha & white

I had the same dilema in my xline. Had dakota mocha on order w no comfort seats. Just changed to black w luxury seating. I love the mocha. Looks great in pics. I have teo little kids and need to have dakota leather. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0