BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
pachieh
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 X5M

Always get a print out of your alignment...

Why? Because I had an alignment done three months ago and the dealer said it was done, but forgot to save the data in the machine to print it out. Apparently it can only save one set of data at a time (which in today's technology age baffles me).

Fast forward 'till today when I had scheduled oil change/filters/battery work. I had them put it back on the rack just to get a print out. 'Lo and behold, it was off. So either these cars don't hold an alignment over 90 days, or they didn't do it to begin with.

So, ALWAYS get a print out. No matter what.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
r33_RGSport12967.50
musa423.00
menelaos1226.00
iconoclast7265.50
      06-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
Why? Because I had an alignment done three months ago and the dealer said it was done, but forgot to save the data in the machine to print it out. Apparently it can only save one set of data at a time (which in today's technology age baffles me).

Fast forward 'till today when I had scheduled oil change/filters/battery work. I had them put it back on the rack just to get a print out. 'Lo and behold, it was off. So either these cars don't hold an alignment over 90 days, or they didn't do it to begin with.

So, ALWAYS get a print out. No matter what.
As a matter of fact, always give any repair work an askance look (i.e. quietly verify), no matter how trustworthy the shop or dealer may appear … and be prepared for occasional unpleasant surprises. This I have learned the hard way over the years. Some times it is an innocent oversite, so it's a good habit to always verify where possible.

Last edited by musa; 06-13-2018 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 0