BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-01-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Any way to code startup in M1 w/Bimmercode?

Does anyone know if it's possible somewhere in Expert Mode in Bimmercode to program the car to startup by default in M1? It's always starting in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort mode for me and I hate it. I only have to tap the M1 button, but I'd rather it just start up in that setting! Or at the very least start up in Sport!

Another Q: Is it possible to have Auto H (Auto Hold) on by default? The car doesn't seem to remember the setting like it does with Auto Stop/Start.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 2
musa419.00
      06-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
Tr0y
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F33 428i M Sport Convertible

Waiting on a reply here!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 12:46 AM   #3
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible somewhere in Expert Mode in Bimmercode to program the car to startup by default in M1? It's always starting in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort mode for me and I hate it. I only have to tap the M1 button, but I'd rather it just start up in that setting! Or at the very least start up in Sport!

Another Q: Is it possible to have Auto H (Auto Hold) on by default? The car doesn't seem to remember the setting like it does with Auto Stop/Start.

Thanks in advance!
I doubt it. The F80 group has been looking for this for years and no one has a solution yet. I wish my F83 started in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort instead of Efficient/Sport/Sport. Weird that different M cars start in different settings.
      06-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
LoganTheDriver
Rep
Drives: Pink X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
I doubt it. The F80 group has been looking for this for years and no one has a solution yet. I wish my F83 started in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort instead of Efficient/Sport/Sport. Weird that different M cars start in different settings.
M cars shouldn't even have an Efficient mode lol. They should all start in Sport by default. Who buys an M to drive in Efficient? No one buys a car that gets like 5 miles per gallon just to drive it in Efficient.
Appreciate 1
Tr0y118.00
      06-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganTheDriver View Post
M cars shouldn't even have an Efficient mode lol. They should all start in Sport by default. Who buys an M to drive in Efficient? No one buys a car that gets like 5 miles per gallon just to drive it in Efficient.
It's actually the default "Sport" setting for suspension that bugs me. The roads are horrible enough around here without having the suspension set firmer by default. The real issue is that when I'm done playing and deselect an M mode, it goes back to the default settings (Efficient/Sport/Sport on the F8X cars) instead of returning to whatever the settings were before entering M mode. This is why changing the defaults would be nice.
      06-17-2018, 01:43 AM   #6
LoganTheDriver
Rep

Quote:
It's actually the default "Sport" setting for suspension that bugs me. The roads are horrible enough around here without having the suspension set firmer by default. The real issue is that when I'm done playing and deselect an M mode, it goes back to the default settings (Efficient/Sport/Sport on the F8X cars) instead of returning to whatever the settings were before entering M mode. This is why changing the defaults would be nice.
Huh? Your F8X starts up in Efficient/Sport/Sport by default??? Mine starts every time in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 06:59 AM   #7
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganTheDriver View Post
Huh? Your F8X starts up in Efficient/Sport/Sport by default??? Mine starts every time in Efficient/Comfort/Comfort.
Yes. My F83 M4 starts in Efficient/Sport/Sport. Apparently, different models have different defaults.
      06-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #8
LoganTheDriver
Rep

Quote:
Yes. My F83 M4 starts in Efficient/Sport/Sport. Apparently, different models have different defaults.
Ah, gotcha. Thought you have an F85 or F86 that was doing that. I want Sport/Comfort/Comfort for normal driving. I just have my M1 button setup for that. But would be cool if I didn't have to push it every time I started the car.
Appreciate 0