BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #463
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce89976 View Post
I keep seeing "hatch open/close from the door button". My X5 does this stock. You push the tailgate button to open it and pull it up and hold to close it.
After coding, you can push the button one time to open AND one time again to fully close on its own.
Stock operation, as you say, requires you to lift and hold the switch until it fully closes, along with the safety beeps.
      10-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #464
skinsfanin1979
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Question. If people are purchasing the following link on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VI0KE2G0U&th=1 did anyone notice that other colors are just over $11. Is the first black one needed? The items look the same but the black one is over $21 while the others are $10 cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:57 PM   #465
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanin1979 View Post
Question. If people are purchasing the following link on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VI0KE2G0U&th=1 did anyone notice that other colors are just over $11. Is the first black one needed? The items look the same but the black one is over $21 while the others are $10 cheaper.
Color shouldn't matter and I didn't notice it or I wouldn't have ordered the black.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:14 PM   #466
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X5 35i

Quote:
Color doesnt matter, just make sure if different color or price, its the wifi one not Bluetooth. atleast thats what i knew. Your link shows a bluetooth one.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 04:17 PM   #467
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I just coded mine and could not get the turn signal to accept 5 blinks either. It would automatically change to 1. I emailed them to fix it.

EDIT: After reading through all 21 pages this seems to be common.
I tried again over the weekend and this time i assured the setting in iDrive was not checked (3 times for turn signal) and still didnt so gave up on it.
Currently only using the app, but will probably move towards using the computer/e-sys.

On the other note did code the video in motion and that didnt work so need to play around with that a bit more.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #468
dlsevero
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 2015

SVT File needed

Hi All,

Can someone share an SVT file from an x15 with 5AR or 5AT (need to have TJA)?
Trying to compare the DSC from another model but can't generate an SVT file with e-sys.

I'll appreciate anyone that can help.

Thanks.

DS
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #469
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep

I just made a quick video, its not great but shows using the app, thought share with everyone.

Appreciate 2
PnP202.00
      10-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #470
jdarmstrong
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 sDrive 35i

I bought the Vgate iCar2 Wifi adapter and it doesn't ask me for a password when connecting to VLink wifi. I am able to open up Bimmercode and each module, however everytime I code a module my VLink connection drops. This wouldn't be a huge problem except that I'm trying to code my headunit for video on motion and you have to activate it after it's been coded but I cannot do this because VLink drops. Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #471
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarmstrong View Post
I bought the Vgate iCar2 Wifi adapter and it doesn't ask me for a password when connecting to VLink wifi. I am able to open up Bimmercode and each module, however everytime I code a module my VLink connection drops. This wouldn't be a huge problem except that I'm trying to code my headunit for video on motion and you have to activate it after it's been coded but I cannot do this because VLink drops. Anyone else experience this?
No password needed.

Make certain ‘slow connection’ is turned on if you are using iOS.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #472
mrseattle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjdunn3 View Post
Maybe I just missed this and it always been there, but I was browsing through the latest BimmerCode app seeing if there was something else I wanted to code. I saw in BDC options for Start in Sport Mode, and some others options for comfort/eco as well as saving driving mode at shut down. So I coded to start in Sport by default. It did not work though. Later when browsing through the other ECU's I found the same settings in ICM (integrated chassis mgmt) so I set them the same as I had in BDC and coded... Viola now my X5 starts up with Sport mode active as the default, instead of Comfort.
I used the same options to persist last mode selected - if I select Sport, it stays in Sport after shutdown, same is true for other modes.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 01:28 PM   #473
skinsfanin1979
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezi01 View Post
I just made a quick video, its not great but shows using the app, thought share with everyone.

Thanks. I followed these instructions but have run into a couple issues that need assistance.

1. I was able to code the turn signals in HUD just fine.
2. I changed to the M animation at startup AND removed the Legal Disclaimer. What I have noticed is that sometimes I just see the M animation startup for a second or two and straight to the Nav screen. Sometimes I will turn on the car and it will go straight to the Nav screen as soon as I turn on the car which is a bit strange. I don't get the 'Loading Navigation' or anything, just right to the main screen. I am thinking about turning on the Legal Disclaimer so I can see the M navigation on startup. Previously, I would always see the animation startup each time.
3. I really wanted to get the folded mirrors on locking/unlocking the car. I did the selections for 'Fold mirrors when locking vehicle with Comfort Access' and 'Unfold mirrors when unlocking vehicle with Comfort Access' and cannot get it to work. Upon 'coding' those, I did get quite a few errors on the dash which cleared upon turning off the car and letting it sit for ~1 hour.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to see all the options which need to get checked for functionality to work (for example, turn signals in HUD need to have two entries turned on). Yes, slow connection is turned on.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #474
jdarmstrong
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
No password needed.

Make certain ‘slow connection’ is turned on if you are using iOS.
SCA, Yes I have Slow Connection checked and I am using iOS 11.0.3. I never have a problem with it dropping while I'm coding, just after it's completed the transfer.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 11:10 PM   #475
shezi01
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I followed these instructions but have run into a couple issues that need assistance.

1. I was able to code the turn signals in HUD just fine.
2. I changed to the M animation at startup AND removed the Legal Disclaimer. What I have noticed is that sometimes I just see the M animation startup for a second or two and straight to the Nav screen. Sometimes I will turn on the car and it will go straight to the Nav screen as soon as I turn on the car which is a bit strange. I don't get the 'Loading Navigation' or anything, just right to the main screen. I am thinking about turning on the Legal Disclaimer so I can see the M navigation on startup. Previously, I would always see the animation startup each time.
3. I really wanted to get the folded mirrors on locking/unlocking the car. I did the selections for 'Fold mirrors when locking vehicle with Comfort Access' and 'Unfold mirrors when unlocking vehicle with Comfort Access' and cannot get it to work. Upon 'coding' those, I did get quite a few errors on the dash which cleared upon turning off the car and letting it sit for ~1 hour.

Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to see all the options which need to get checked for functionality to work (for example, turn signals in HUD need to have two entries turned on). Yes, slow connection is turned on.
For no.2 in the beginning I noticed the same where M animation wasn't coming on or didn't last but after about 72 hours I do see animation come up and go through fine. Are you switching to reverse or maybe activating other features which night take precedence over animation screen?

For no.3 I have comfort access and didn't want to fold and unfold mirrors, so haven't tried that.. have you tried holding your hand on comfort access for couple seconds, or 2nd attempt of unlocking to see if mirror folds.

I'm out of town but can try to code when I get back and see what happens.

Last edited by shezi01; 11-01-2017 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 08:09 AM   #476
Wardman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

Expert opinion needed - I saw turn dash settings to "night mode" always. Is this avail in coding for F15 models?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 08:00 AM   #477
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

BimmerCode App updated 10.31.17
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 09:54 PM   #478
iamagoodboi
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X15 xdrive40e

I am having trouble messaging the right people to get started with coding. I have purchased an OBD to ethernet cable and now im looking for the esys program and token? Im totally clueless here. Im located in Los Angeles if someone wants to take me under their wings.

40e driver here.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 10:14 PM   #479
1coolF15D2017
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamagoodboi View Post
I am having trouble messaging the right people to get started with coding. I have purchased an OBD to ethernet cable and now im looking for the esys program and token? Im totally clueless here. Im located in Los Angeles if someone wants to take me under their wings.

40e driver here.
You should post to the thread below (E-sys)

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...33991&page=174
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #480
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamagoodboi View Post

40e driver here.
Fxx-/Ixx-/Gxx-series Coding: (No Request) Latest Software Links
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #481
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezi01 View Post
For no.2 in the beginning I noticed the same where M animation wasn't coming on or didn't last but after about 72 hours I do see animation come up and go through fine. Are you switching to reverse or maybe activating other features which night take precedence over animation screen?

For no.3 I have comfort access and didn't want to fold and unfold mirrors, so haven't tried that.. have you tried holding your hand on comfort access for couple seconds, or 2nd attempt of unlocking to see if mirror folds.

I'm out of town but can try to code when I get back and see what happens.
skinsfanin1979

In regards to #2, I remember reading that if you unlock your car and don't start within 20 seconds, you will not see the startup screen. If you unlock and start immediately you will see it. It has worked every time for me after reading this.

In regards to #3, you have to hold down the button on the key fob. Hold down the lock button and they will fold. I believe just unlocking without holding unfolds though.
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907380.00
      11-02-2017, 10:56 AM   #482
bluelodge400
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M-C, '19 Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarmstrong View Post

I am having the same connection drop as you. I have also tried 2 different wifi Vgate modules, V3 & V2, and both fail to connect. I have emailed BimmerCode and their support has been great but they still do not know what the problem might be.

I'm starting to think that BMW might have made some software encryption changes to the 2018 iDrive6. *That is just an assumption and I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited by bluelodge400; 11-02-2017 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 03:12 PM   #483
BobDyl
Rep
Drives: 5-series

Help with tailgate remote programming

Hello there, great thread and thanks for all the tips. 2017 X5D here -- I've successfully coded a number of things but am having trouble with the tailgate.

The problem is that the remote too easily opens the tailgate by just having it in my pocket / accidental pressure. I have two potential solutions, could use help with either one (or a new one?):

I'm trying to code the 5 second tailgate button press delay into the remote but it will not take (nor will 2, 3, 4 seconds). Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how?

Alternately, on another BMW, the dealer was able to program a "full unlock before tailgate unlock" which meant that the main unlock on the remote had to be clicked twice before the tailgate button would open the tailgate.

I emailed Stephan - he didn't know how to do this but thought it might be possible in expert mode...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #484
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDyl View Post
Hello there, great thread and thanks for all the tips. 2017 X5D here -- I've successfully coded a number of things but am having trouble with the tailgate.

The problem is that the remote too easily opens the tailgate by just having it in my pocket / accidental pressure. I have two potential solutions, could use help with either one (or a new one?):

I'm trying to code the 5 second tailgate button press delay into the remote but it will not take (nor will 2, 3, 4 seconds). Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how?

Alternately, on another BMW, the dealer was able to program a "full unlock before tailgate unlock" which meant that the main unlock on the remote had to be clicked twice before the tailgate button would open the tailgate.

I emailed Stephan - he didn't know how to do this but thought it might be possible in expert mode...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help on this.
That can be done with E-sys. You would have to know FDL changes that resulted from HO-Wort to use Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0