BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Need Ordering Help and Opinions

I just placed an order for X5 diesel Luxury Line. Now having second thoughts as I really like the M sport looks. I want to be able to "dial in" the most comfortable ride for my wife who is not into "sportiness" and I ordered the 2VM suspension with rear air axle. If I switch my order to M sport with the 2VF adaptive M suspension will I give up noticable comfort in the softest suspension setting? according to the suspension chart it appears the either of the adaptive (2Vm, or 2VF) suspensions provide more comfort than standard. The added benefit is that the M Sport with adaptive sits a bit lower which will make it easier for my wife to enter /exit the vehicle. She will complain like H if it has a rough ride. So can I hear first hand from anyone who has the M sport with adaptive.

Thanks Hmm - dealer will probably complain when I change the order too.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
I just placed an order for X5 diesel Luxury Line. Now having second thoughts as I really like the M sport looks. I want to be able to "dial in" the most comfortable ride for my wife who is not into "sportiness" and I ordered the 2VM suspension with rear air axle. If I switch my order to M sport with the 2VF adaptive M suspension will I give up noticable comfort in the softest suspension setting? according to the suspension chart it appears the either of the adaptive (2Vm, or 2VF) suspensions provide more comfort than standard. The added benefit is that the M Sport with adaptive sits a bit lower which will make it easier for my wife to enter /exit the vehicle. She will complain like H if it has a rough ride. So can I hear first hand from anyone who has the M sport with adaptive.

Thanks Hmm - dealer will probably complain when I change the order too.

I ordered the 2VF adaptive M suspension and other forum members who have this setup indicated that in comfort it is very smooth. Your wife most likely will not complain. Yet you will get improved handling. I think it is a great value for $900. The ultimate setup is the DHP.

There are a couple threads about the two here for you to review.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
vadriver
Private
Rep
Drives: suv

We have the M sport and got the M adaptive option for $900.00. IMO the confetti and the sport button work for the acceleration and maybe tighten up cornering, but the "ride" doesn't seem to change as far as being "cushier"

On another note, the one thing the wife regrets (it is her car) is not having a running board. Her height makes it just so that she kinda has to jump out a little from the vehicle. We love the look and have not really ever regretted it, she has just commented the she wished she had the board....
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadriver View Post
We have the M sport and got the M adaptive option for $900.00. IMO the confetti and the sport button work for the acceleration and maybe tighten up cornering, but the "ride" doesn't seem to change as far as being "cushier"

On another note, the one thing the wife regrets (it is her car) is not having a running board. Her height makes it just so that she kinda has to jump out a little from the vehicle. We love the look and have not really ever regretted it, she has just commented the she wished she had the board....
You could always buy it and install it. A member did it here: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1021822
      11-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #5
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadriver View Post

Thanks all for your comments - I am off to the dealer to take one more look at the different lines. My current build is for Lux line, but not really liking the wheels. I want to take another look at the X line wheels.

I have included adaptive air suspension in my build because I hoped for a better Ride + handling and the self leveling will be great when towing my boat
Appreciate 1