BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Question about Connected Drive

Can anyone tell me if BMW assist is built into every F15 or do I need to get the enhanced Bluetooth option as my dealer is telling me. He says I cannot use the iPhone app if I do not get enhanced Bluetooth, but from the BMW website it appears all I need is an active BMW Assist contract. I really don't want the clunky snap in adapter taking up my storage space in center console.

Any help is appreciated as I already placed my order and still have a littel time to make additions.

===============================
MY BMW REMOTE US FAQ
1. What are the requirements to be able to use My BMW Remote US?

You must have an active BMW Assist™ contract, a compatible mobile device with a connection to the internet, and a vehicle capable of using the remote services of My BMW Remote US. Please refer to question 2 for more information about applicable vehicles.

2. What remote services features are available for my vehicle?
The list below provides an overview of the available My BMW Remote US services and applicable vehicles.

Online Search
Remote Door Locking/Unlocking
Vehicle Position
Flash Headlights
Remote Horn

X5 SAV Produced 4/2008 or later Model Year 2014 or later
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
Can anyone tell me if BMW assist is built into every F15 or do I need to get the enhanced Bluetooth option as my dealer is telling me. He says I cannot use the iPhone app if I do not get enhanced Bluetooth, but from the BMW website it appears all I need is an active BMW Assist contract. I really don't want the clunky snap in adapter taking up my storage space in center console.

Any help is appreciated as I already placed my order and still have a littel time to make additions.

===============================
MY BMW REMOTE US FAQ
1. What are the requirements to be able to use My BMW Remote US?

You must have an active BMW Assist™ contract, a compatible mobile device with a connection to the internet, and a vehicle capable of using the remote services of My BMW Remote US. Please refer to question 2 for more information about applicable vehicles.

2. What remote services features are available for my vehicle?
The list below provides an overview of the available My BMW Remote US services and applicable vehicles.

Online Search
Remote Door Locking/Unlocking
Vehicle Position
Flash Headlights
Remote Horn

X5 SAV Produced 4/2008 or later Model Year 2014 or later
Call BMW Assist at 888-333-6118. They will help you get everything set up. All models from 2014+ have 10 years of BMW Assist free. I believe Connected Services is for 3-4 years free before you have to start paying.
      11-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Call BMW Assist at 888-333-6118. They will help you get everything set up. All models from 2014+ have 10 years of BMW Assist free. I believe Connected Services is for 3-4 years free before you have to start paying.
BMW assist says I need to "have it set up at the dealer before it goes out the door" "cannot be upgraded later"

Dealer says " you must purchase enhanced bluetooth"

Am I getting a run around? do I need enhanced Bluetooth to use connected drive?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
BMW assist says I need to "have it set up at the dealer before it goes out the door" "cannot be upgraded later"

Dealer says " you must purchase enhanced bluetooth"

Am I getting a run around? do I need enhanced Bluetooth to use connected drive?
They're giving you the run around. They need to be smacked in the back of the head . Here is all the OFFICIAL info directly from BMW website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...t/default.aspx
For 2014 and later modesl: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...4andlater.aspx.

Connected Drive has nothing to do with enhanced bluetooth.
      11-15-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
They're giving you the run around. They need to be smacked in the back of the head . Here is all the OFFICIAL info directly from BMW website:
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...t/default.aspx
For 2014 and later modesl: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...4andlater.aspx.

Connected Drive has nothing to do with enhanced bluetooth.
Thanks Opsha - at last I can get a answer form someone who knows what they are talking about
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Opsha - at last I can get a answer form someone who knows what they are talking about
My pleasure, buddy. I definitely recommend calling BMW Assist back with this information. My dealer didn't set anything up for me at all. I set everything up through BMW Assist because I really wanted to use Send To Car application - much like BMW Remote, it requires the BMW Assist login information. Sadly, we all know how big companies work. You will get a great person who knows what they are talking about that can assist your properly or you get some person who knows absolutely nothing nor cares.