05-27-2018, 12:57 AM   #4181
PeanutButterJellyTime
'06 525xi, '14 435xi, '17 X5 50i, '16 428xi GC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
So download 4.11.22. My link never changes.
I don't see that option. I was able to find a copy in my trash bi anyway. Good thing I don't clean up that folder often. .
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2018, 06:55 PM   #4182
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Sorry to bother, but is there a way to get speed mph on display?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #4183
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime View Post
I don't see that option. I was able to find a copy in my trash bi anyway. Good thing I don't clean up that folder often. .
It is Sticky on Bimmerfest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Sorry to bother, but is there a way to get speed mph on display?
On what display?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 06:27 PM   #4184
jetairliner
Rep
Drives: F15 '16 SDrive 535i

Thank you note and request for guidance with AGHB/HBA on Xenons

Greeting to all the members and guests of the bimmerpost community. I have been a silent reader on this, as well as other bmw fans forums, and only registered today. First of I'd like to thank all the contributors to the coding community for all the hard work you've done in coding as well as sharing the results of your work with others. To name a few it is ShawnSheridan, Almaretto, Shadowyman and many others to name all, you know who you are as thank to your guidance I was able to learn basics of coding and apply many parameters in the past few days.

It all started from being bored and wondering if I could update my NAVI maps Funny to say, the update applied without even asking for the FSC! But by the time I plugged the USB in with new maps I was all equipped with a brand new enet cable, my old laptop with freshly re-installed 64 bit WIN7 and vm configured with the latest ESYS and Launcher - all ready to start my first coding with only a simple FSC extraction as a start. Well, that night I end up coding everything I could find under the sun and that was suitable for me. So again, thank you all for making it possible. I have however, hit the road block with the AGHB/HBA for Xenons on US models, just like many others.. I have read through every single post of Shadowyman's and Shawnsheridan's conquest for AGHB on bimmerfest, I researched and read many articles and treads on bimmerpost as well as other forums in the bmw community. As a result I understand that a full implementation of the AGHB function is not possible on US variants simply by coding due to difference in headlight hardware, specifically the absence of walze. While I am aware that attempts to enable AGHB in non-equipped vehicles will result in a presence of a partial dazzling effect of fellow drivers, I am inclined to enable this option and simply exercise due diligence on the road and being a responsible driver respectful to safety of others.

With that being said, I would like to ask the community for help in either locating a cheat sheet with complete list of parameters required to be reprogrammed e.g. CAFD's, ECU's or VO etc. or for the direct assistance in locating all the required parameters that need to be modified I have found several cheat sheets and various instructions for the LED equipped variants, however very little is available for the Xenon equipped vehicles. Many guides that are available address chassis other than F15, and reference ECU's that I do not have, for instants FLEs (FLAS) or KAFAS, I have KAFAS2 and TMS1 TMS 2, among others. Therefore I am not clear on whether I can apply the aforementioned guides to code my vehicle, or not. And being very new to the subject, with limited experience, I am either not able to find the required parameters that need modifications, or simply reluctant to make any changes without confirmed instructions. I would greatly appreciate any and all assistance anyone would be willing to offer.

Just as a BLUF: I have a following relevant options: S522A Xenon Light, S524A Adaptive Headlights, S563A Light package, S5A1A LED Fog lights, S5AGA Lane-change warning, S5ASA Driving Assistant as well as S8S4A Decoding variable light distribution. The later I have removed from FA by reading and editing the FA, then writing saved FA. I do not believe this operation had written anything to the ECU's as required by many guides. But I did notice that my headlights move up and down and side to side on start up, therefore I might have enabled the VLD after all as I made manual changes to VLD parameters in CAFD. I am reluctant to write to ALL the ECU's and would rather change individual CAFDs if possible. Although, I will not stop at this if coding all ECU's (but engine) will be required. I do know that Shadowyman has succeeded in enabling AGHB on Xenons by changing all values by coding CAFds, and adding the SA5AC option and VO coding it to all ECU's did not make any changes in his case. I also managed to find and change the following parameters however, this has not enabled even an automatic on/off for the high beams: HU_NBT 3000 HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT and KAFAS2 3050 FLA_ON_OFF
Also, I do not have a button with "A" symbol for the HBA on the turn signal arm.

The bottom line, my desired outcome is to achieve at least partial AGHB effect with 1. High Beam lights turning on/off automatically with oncoming traffic 2. Light splitting (tunnel effect) when head/rear lights are detected.

Thank you all in advance, specially if you made it to the end of this post!
Respectfully,
Aleks.

Last edited by jetairliner; 06-02-2018 at 01:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #4185
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

I've parted with my 2015 and am now in a 2018 F15.

While the digi dash is cool, wow I sure do miss the turn signals in the HUD.

Anyway, I started a Google Doc a while back, so I've made updates as I've coded the new car.

It's got some of the same items as the other sheet, but just in case, here it is again.

One thing that is super annoying -- I cannot avoid the trimmed file names in the HKFM2 module. I'm doing F15 on the launcher, F20 on E-Sys. It's driving me crazy.

I did code NGHB, but I am right in the city, so it's very hard to test without a 40 mile drive to nowhere. All signs are pointing it was coded correctly (the driver low beam on Auto being "one out" and the "humps" on a flat surface).
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 02:11 AM   #4186
jetairliner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMarkA View Post
I've parted with my 2015 and am now in a 2018 F15.

While the digi dash is cool, wow I sure do miss the turn signals in the HUD.

Anyway, I started a Google Doc a while back, so I've made updates as I've coded the new car.

It's got some of the same items as the other sheet, but just in case, here it is again.

One thing that is super annoying -- I cannot avoid the trimmed file names in the HKFM2 module. I'm doing F15 on the launcher, F20 on E-Sys. It's driving me crazy.

I did code NGHB, but I am right in the city, so it's very hard to test without a 40 mile drive to nowhere. All signs are pointing it was coded correctly (the driver low beam on Auto being "one out" and the "humps" on a flat surface).
Thank you for your response FastMarkA, I appreciate you taking the time to respond as well as sharing your experience and the guide you had put together. It is well organized and easy to read. I do have most of the parameters from your guide for the AGHBA activated except the FLA_Verbaut, I have not been able to find this parameter anywhere either. I do not have the FLA_Aktivierung in BDC_Body changed from the default value as I wasn't sure what the LDS in A or 2 would do, and I was reluctant to take a risk by just changing it.

So just to clarify, you had AGHBA function enabled in your 2015 F15 by changing the values in the spreadsheet you have provided,even with FLA_Verbaut being listed as "needs to be discovered"?

Once again, thank you for your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #4187
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetairliner View Post
So just to clarify, you had AGHBA function enabled in your 2015 F15 by changing the values in the spreadsheet you have provided,even with FLA_Verbaut being listed as "needs to be discovered"?
On my 2015, I only had VLD functioning; not GFHB.

I cannot recall if I had located FLA_Verbaut on that car or not, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2018, 11:07 PM   #4188
jetairliner
Rep

Request for guidance with AGHB/HBA on Xenons-Progress notes

So as a progress report, I enabled LDS in A or 2 vs defult LDS in A in BDC_BODY 3068 FLA_AKTIVIERUNG, this is in addition to earlier reported changes: HU_NBT 3000 HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT and KAFAS2 3050 FLA_ON_OFF to On. And after test drive I still do not have AHB even. I turned the high beams on finally and the lights simply stayed on high regardless of traffic, oncoming or ahead of me, regardless of distance or speed.

What else am I missing? I'd appreciate any assistance.

Again, I do not have a button with "A" symbol for the HBA on the turn signal arm however, it is my understanding that enabling LDS in A or 2 would have turned the high beams on to Automatic mode even with existing traditional HB button, is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #4189
dwissing
Person
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
So as a progress report, I enabled LDS in A or 2 vs defult LDS in A in BDC_BODY 3068 FLA_AKTIVIERUNG, this is in addition to earlier reported changes: HU_NBT 3000 HIGH_BEAM_ASSISTANT and KAFAS2 3050 FLA_ON_OFF to On. And after test drive I still do not have AHB even. I turned the high beams on finally and the lights simply stayed on high regardless of traffic, oncoming or ahead of me, regardless of distance or speed.

What else am I missing? I'd appreciate any assistance.

Again, I do not have a button with "A" symbol for the HBA on the turn signal arm however, it is my understanding that enabling LDS in A or 2 would have turned the high beams on to Automatic mode even with existing traditional HB button, is this correct?
Sorry, but without the stalk with the button on it, you will not be able to have High Beam Assist. Tha LDS in A or 2 just determines which headlight modes allow use of HBA, but without the button, you cannot activate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #4190
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Is the most current cheat sheet still the one linked in the OP? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #4191
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X5 xDrive35d

swapped 2015 F15 to 2018 F15 x35d. Starting coding on the new car. Can someone please pm latest software?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #4192
Hashtag
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Anyone know how to generate an FSC code with esys for updating the maps? Or if there is an easier way to get an FSC code?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #4193
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
Anyone know how to generate an FSC code with esys for updating the maps? Or if there is an easier way to get an FSC code?
Here’s one way:

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1329605
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 05:58 AM   #4194
ghosterix
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50d

disable auto start stop

I have a 2014 X5 M50d, and want to disable auto start stop.
I have tried using bimmercode and iCarly.
Neither seem to disable it. I have set it to default off, and to remember last setting.
I have also downloaded E-sys and bought enet cable.
Has anyone succeded to disable auto start stop completely?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 05:59 AM   #4195
Rotzy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15, 2015 F83

Garage List
Quote:
I have however, hit the road block with the AGHB/HBA for Xenons on US models.
The reason your hitting a roadblock with coding AGHB on your vehicle is because AGHB is only possible on LED equipped vehicles. VLD is all we get.

You can easily verify VLD function at night by: Starting the vehicle (or at least turning the ignition On), turning the headlights to auto then turning on the high beams. The driver's side headlight should move inward quite a distance when the high beams are turned on, then swing back to the left when the high beams are turned off.

Last edited by Rotzy; 06-04-2018 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 06:13 AM   #4196
v_x35d
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X5 xDrive35d

Does anyone have latest E-sys?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #4197
mkdan2004
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosterix View Post
I have a 2014 X5 M50d, and want to disable auto start stop.
I have tried using bimmercode and iCarly.
Neither seem to disable it. I have set it to default off, and to remember last setting.
I have also downloaded E-sys and bought enet cable.
Has anyone succeded to disable auto start stop completely?
I did it few days ago on my 2017. I only set it up to remember last setting.
Works well. I used bimmercode for this.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 08:15 AM   #4198
ghosterix
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdan2004 View Post
I did it few days ago on my 2017. I only set it up to remember last setting.
Works well. I used bimmercode for this.
strange.. does not remember setting on mine. could be some difference between 2014 -> 2017 maybe
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:38 PM   #4199
jo2134
jo2134
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M Competition

does anyone know if you can use e-sys to code the 6WB using a bluetooth OBD adapter?

Or do you need the cable?

thanks
2015 528xi Dark Graphite / Cinnamon Brown
2013 X5 50i Platinum Gray / Cinnamon Brown 20" Y-Spoke Wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #4200
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo2134 View Post
does anyone know if you can use e-sys to code the 6WB using a bluetooth OBD adapter?

Or do you need the cable?

thanks
With E-Sys, you must use ENET cable or ICOM Interface.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 11:33 PM   #4201
jetairliner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzy View Post
The reason your hitting a roadblock with coding AGHB on your vehicle is because AGHB is only possible on LED equipped vehicles. VLD is all we get.

You can easily verify VLD function at night by: Starting the vehicle (or at least turning the ignition On), turning the headlights to auto then turning on the high beams. The driver's side headlight should move inward quite a distance when the high beams are turned on, then swing back to the left when the high beams are turned off.
Hi Rotzy, thank you for your response, I apologize for the late reply. I just thought it was possible as I've found old postings (about year-two old) from some of the coding gurus who seemed to have enabled this function with xenons. While it was not a 100% implementation, it was functional. I just can't find exactly what they did. Anyways, thank you again for your response.
Best Regards,
Aleks.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #4202
jetairliner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwissing View Post
Sorry, but without the stalk with the button on it, you will not be able to have High Beam Assist. Tha LDS in A or 2 just determines which headlight modes allow use of HBA, but without the button, you cannot activate it.

Hi Dwissing, thank you for your response, I apologize for the late reply. Do you think it would be possible (to enable HBA) if I had the stalk retrofitted? Or it would be too much of the wiring work? I think I've even seen someone (on on of the forums) had it done. It's just a lot of the threads where I gathered information about it are about year or two old, people who were originally involved in this work have moved on, which complicates my research a bit. Anyways, thank you again.
Best Regards,
Aleks.
Appreciate 0