BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #45
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Can you sue BMWNA for delivering faulty vehicle? I mean you have paid top bucks for a car that they have committed to deliver and failed.

I gave my car on last Saturday for Frontal Collision Issue and haven't heard back from them yet. I got very basic X1 as a loaner while my brand new car sitting in their shelter. how sad?

You should demand some compensation for the problems caused. after all, its not your fault.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #46
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencoop View Post
Status Update 12/9/2013:

Got a phone call from my Service Adviser @ Open Road of Edison in NJ that the car was all fixed. To say the least I got very excited, dropped everything and went to pick it up.

The diagnoses stated something to the affect of "the system needed to be updated and reprogrammed" and that it was just a software resolution.

I was very happy that no parts needed to be taken apart as I don't trust the build quality after things have been removed and put back together.

Picked up the SAV with 895 miles on the ODO from the service department at around 3:30PM EST.

On my way back home @ 927 miles on the ODO all 3 (three) issues came back

I am super upset and furious at the same time. I don't think that this is acceptable.

Going to try and bring it back for attempt number 2 tomorrow morning...

Seems like the car has been in service longer so far then I have had it... Just unreal...

Called BMWNA and opened up a case, don't know how this will get resolved...really sux...

Make sure when you take it back that a new repair ticket is opened, instead of them reopening the old one. I would also think about asking for another vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #47
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Sorry to hear that. On my 2006 X5 I had so many electrical problems that the service advisor at the dealer was embarrassed. The car had all sorts of electrical problems and they even paid me 1 month worth of my leasing. One day I got a call that my car was ready. The BMW engineer was at the dealer and they had figure out what was wrong. Went there and the service advisor went to pick the car up to deliver to me. He stopped the car in front of me and tried to open the door to leave. He was locked inside. There was no way he could unlock the doors. How is that for being embarrassed? I went back to my loaner and let them figure out how to get the guy out. It was close to the end of my lease so I was happy that I was going to get the new model.

Quote:
Status Update 12/9/2013:

Got a phone call from my Service Adviser @ Open Road of Edison in NJ that the car was all fixed. To say the least I got very excited, dropped everything and went to pick it up.

The diagnoses stated something to the affect of "the system needed to be updated and reprogrammed" and that it was just a software resolution.

I was very happy that no parts needed to be taken apart as I don't trust the build quality after things have been removed and put back together.

Picked up the SAV with 895 miles on the ODO from the service department at around 3:30PM EST.

On my way back home @ 927 miles on the ODO all 3 (three) issues came back

I am super upset and furious at the same time. I don't think that this is acceptable.

Going to try and bring it back for attempt number 2 tomorrow morning...

Seems like the car has been in service longer so far then I have had it... Just unreal...

Called BMWNA and opened up a case, don't know how this will get resolved...really sux...

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #48
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
Sorry to hear that. On my 2006 X5 I had so many electrical problems that the service advisor at the dealer was embarrassed. The car had all sorts of electrical problems and they even paid me 1 month worth of my leasing. One day I got a call that my car was ready. The BMW engineer was at the dealer and they had figure out what was wrong. Went there and the service advisor went to pick the car up to deliver to me. He stopped the car in front of me and tried to open the door to leave. He was locked inside. There was no way he could unlock the doors. How is that for being embarrassed? I went back to my loaner and let them figure out how to get the guy out. It was close to the end of my lease so I was happy that I was going to get the new model.
LOL.

There's no way that they can claim *that* didn't happen unless you can recreate it with a center employee ;p
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #49
dencoop
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab

On my way into the dealer on summer frikin tires -

Was going to throw winters on when I got the car back originally... Unreal -

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #50
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
On my way into the dealer on summer frikin tires -

Was going to throw winters on when I got the car back originally... Unreal -

Feeling sorry, what is that park brake limited warning. THat is a whole new issue? My car is built this week and am getting really worried with all of this. I do not know if it is the forum presence, but seem more common problems then "usual" for entry models. I remember years ago (more than a decade ago actually) when the new 7 (1st Bangle 7) came out there were tons of issues with the car. These systems (pedestrian warning, etc.) are already in use for some time in the 5 and 6 series (the least) and work just fine. I do not understand why it is a problem here. Anyways, if you have some info on the park brake thing I would be grateful.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #51
dencoop
Captain
Rep

Well, I decided to turn around and drive back home as the weather is getting much worse and the car has absolutely zero traction on the Summer rubber. Driving 5MPH I am slipping and sliding.

Spoke to Jim, the service manager at Open Road BMW of Edison and he seems like a super nice guy based on initial impression, and is willing to go out of his way to have my SAV picked up tomorrow, though since I am so anal and don't trust people driving my X5 I will bring it back myself tomorrow AM.

Here is a video of what I a had to deal with on my drive and Yes another issue came up just now....

To the 3 issues I had..

1 The Turn Signal not turning off
2 Frontal Collision Warning Malfunction
3 pedestrian Warning Limited
I now have
4 Parking Brake Limited
5 Panorama View Check Camera lens (this one could be due to the snow...but who really knows)

Maybe I should have just for the Cayenne - so far absolutely zero issues with my 991 911 .

Let's see how BMW takes care of this / hopefully this will not be my last Bimmer...

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
The good thing about the current Q7 is that it's worked out all of its kinks and was rated Consumer Reports one of most reliable SUVs. And I'm afraid redesign might have V1.0 issues like the X5. Also, I just had an Audi and would like some variety.

I agree with you on the SQ5 and the Volvo. I don't mind Porsches, but already had a Cayenne. Maybe I'll consider a Panamera. I need a four door.

I saw the ML at the LA Auto Show and I wasn't impressed. Like you said, it is a bit girly, and the interior was a bit bland. On top of that, you're right about the lease deals.

There isn't anything from Lexus or Infiniti that I like. Genesis R-Spec is a nice car. Fast as hell, but I had my heart set on a German.

My wife wants me to stick with the X5. She likes it a lot. Maybe I'll stick with another BMW, but I serious have to reconsider this. I don't want to make payments on a loaner car, while mine's at the dealer. Such a frustrating issue.

Z.
Crazy idea, have you considered a short term lease assumption of a last gen X5 from swapalease while they work out the kinks on this model? You'd be surprised what incentives people are throwing out to prematurely exit a lease. You could do a one year and then re-evaluate your options including potentially the new Q7.
      12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Wasn't implying you were a troll or anything just pointing out it could be BS... Never know though.
Having just read this end to end... you know who comes off as the troll?

This is a small forum... lets all be friends.

Not sure what you're implying, but like I clearly said, I never called anyone a troll, never implied he was a troll. Simply pointed out, before people jumped on it as factual, that it wasn't an email and the original post he referenced mentioned within it that it may not be real.

Don't know who's upset about it. I'm not, and I don't think Kief was either.

So who's the troll again?

Back to what people actually care about, I'm sorry for your continuing problems, dencoop. Hope they get worked out soon. Make sure they at least give you a more suitable loaner this time.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #54
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Not that my problems are anywhere compared to dencoop's; but I hear a rattle in the tailgate while driving when the car is still cold. Anyone noticed this? I believe this was adressed in one of the threads but cannot find it.

Another thing; this morning got a warning saying that the blind spot assist was disabled since the radar sensors in rear bumpers were blocked? I checked and did not see any blockage. It did snow here this morning and I am not sure if some errant slush got lodged on the sensor. Anyone else experience this?
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #55
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
Not that my problems are anywhere compared to dencoop's; but I hear a rattle in the tailgate while driving when the car is still cold. Anyone noticed this? I believe this was adressed in one of the threads but cannot find it.

Another thing; this morning got a warning saying that the blind spot assist was disabled since the radar sensors in rear bumpers were blocked? I checked and did not see any blockage. It did snow here this morning and I am not sure if some errant slush got lodged on the sensor. Anyone else experience this?
Sorry for all the problems, getting slightly pissed off and I did not even receive the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #56
dencoop
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Now that you mention it I heard some sort of a metal on metal noise last night when driving it home from the dealer and did not think much because I had the car seat back there...I hope this is not in addition to the issues I already have
      12-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #57
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Don't know who's upset about it. I'm not, and I don't think Kief was either.
Yeah, I'm not...and I too didn't understand his post
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #58
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Now that you mention it I heard some sort of a metal on metal noise last night when driving it home from the dealer and did not think much because I had the car seat back there...I hope this is not in addition to the issues I already have
Dencoop; this is why I do not have an expensive car as my DD. I drive a Jetta that I have had for 3 years with 0 problems. My time is precious to me (mainly because of the line of work I am in); and I cannot afford to befriend the service staff like I had to with my 335.

That being said, I hope your X5 issues get resolved quickly.
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #59
coconut780
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 xDrive50i

Quote:

I don't have my F15 as yet but I have these sensors in my XC60 R Design and I do occasionally have problems with snow and slush blocking sensors in the winter. I always assumed it was a limitation to this technology.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #60
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Dencoop; this is why I do not have an expensive car as my DD. I drive a Jetta that I have had for 3 years with 0 problems. My time is precious to me (mainly because of the line of work I am in); and I cannot afford to befriend the service staff like I had to with my 335.

That being said, I hope your X5 issues get resolved quickly.
What difference does it make if the vehicle is a DD or not? Issues such as this are unacceptable regardless ....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #61
Psycho
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ex-'12 X6M, waiting on ?

Quote:
Well, I decided to turn around and drive back home as the weather is getting much worse and the car has absolutely zero traction on the Summer rubber. Driving 5MPH I am slipping and sliding.

Spoke to Jim, the service manager at Open Road BMW of Edison and he seems like a super nice guy based on initial impression, and is willing to go out of his way to have my SAV picked up tomorrow, though since I am so anal and don't trust people driving my X5 I will bring it back myself tomorrow AM.

Here is a video of what I a had to deal with on my drive and Yes another issue came up just now....

To the 3 issues I had..

1 The Turn Signal not turning off
2 Frontal Collision Warning Malfunction
3 pedestrian Warning Limited
I now have
4 Parking Brake Limited
5 Panorama View Check Camera lens (this one could be due to the snow...but who really knows)

Maybe I should have just for the Cayenne - so far absolutely zero issues with my 991 911 .

Let's see how BMW takes care of this / hopefully this will not be my last Bimmer...

Were you driving with the parking brake on, or is that part of the defect? Hope you get this sorted quickly, as this looks like a potential safety issue with that nasty weather you have to drive in.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #62
Eu001939
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 30d MSport and X3 20d

Aren't points 2, 3 and 5 due to the weather conditions ?

With everything white and snow falling, the radar at the front of the car will not work anymore, and any software interpretation from the front camera will be unsuccessful.

The manual states that:

The system may not be fully functional or may
not be available in the following situations:
▷ In heavy fog, rain, sprayed water or snow‐ fall.
▷ In tight curves.
▷ If the camera view field or the front wind‐
shield are dirty or covered.
▷ When driving toward bright lights.
▷ Up to 10 seconds after the start of the en‐ gine, via the Start/Stop knob.
▷ During calibration of the camera immedi‐ ately after vehicle shipment.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #63
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Crazy. We all feel your pain.

Is there ANY good news? How about that B & O Audio system? Does it sound sweet enough to help limit your agony?

Last edited by tiburonh; 12-10-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #64
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonh View Post
How about that Bose Audio system? Does it sound sweet enough to help limit your agony?
It's Bang & Olufsen ;p
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #65
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistairg View Post
It's Bang & Olufsen ;p
Thanks for catching that. Though both brands are in the habit of ridiculously overcharging!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #66
ADGrant
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonMan View Post
What difference does it make if the vehicle is a DD or not? Issues such as this are unacceptable regardless ....
Yes, I don't have a DD but I still expect my X5 to work correctly.
Appreciate 0