10-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #89
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
The gearbox is the same. it is merely a software difference. If I am not mistaken EUR 300-400?
It was 330 EUR to be precise :-) for the wheel with paddles and the so called sport gearbox. You're right, it is a software difference (that's why it was relatively cheap), but also a cosmetic change to the gearstick shape.
      10-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #90
elorenzo1
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: X5 25d xDrive

La levas en el volante son si optas por la opción de cambio deportivo y el precio en España son 296,42€

The steering wheel paddles are if you opt for sports transmission option and the price in Spain are € 296.42

Un saludo.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 09:43 AM   #91
ppepino
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 Xdrive 30d

Hi, here's my first post, so thanks in advance to everybody for your help.
I have just ordered an Sdrive 25d, while I currently have an Xdrive 30d. As others have expressed here, it is greatly surprising the strengh of the engine, even from low revs. I had the chance to try it for more tan one our, and I did not find almost any difference with my current car. I was even able to do some acceleration tests and the times I got were pretty simmilar to hat I get with the 30d. Moreover, I did not even noticed any meaningful difference with the steering colum strenght.

So far, my configuration is as follows (sorry it is in spanish)

KS21 X5 xDrive25d
A89 Imperialblau,efecto brillo metalizado
LCEW Cuero Dakota Elfenbeinweiss

255 Volante deportivo de cuero
2PA Tornillo antirrobo
2VB Control de presión de neumáticos
3AA Carriles longitudinales para la baca, negro
423 Alfombrillas de velours
430 Retrovisores interior y exteriores con ajuste automático
antideslumbramiento
441 Especificaciones para fumadores
4DY Mold. interiores Oxidsilber oscuro mate
508 Control de distancia en aparcamiento (PDC)
522 Faros xenón para función de la luz de cruce y de carretera
534 Climatizador
575 Tomas de corriente de 12 V adicionales
5DA Desactivación del airbag del acompañante
6AC Llamada de emergencia inteligente
6AE TeleServices

258 Neumáticos con funcionamiento en caso de avería
2T2 19"Llanta al.lig.radios estrella 490 BMW EfficDynamics
328 Estribos de aluminio
346 Línea cromada exterior
402 Techo panorámico
413 Red de separación de maletero
502 Lavado de faros
524 Luces autoadaptables
5AC Asistente para luz de carretera
5AS Driving Assistant
5DF Control de crucero activo con funcion Stop&Go
5DP Asistente de aparcamiento
6AK Servicios ConnectedDrive
ZFY Paquete Familia
3AG Cámara para marcha atrás
420 Acristalamiento de protección solar
494 Calefacción de los asientos delanteros
4NC Calefacción Ventilación auxiliar
4UB 3a.fila de asientos
5AL Protección activa
609 Sistema de navegación Professional
6NS Telefonía confort con conexión ampliada para Smartphone
8TH Speed Limit Info
ZLX Paquete Première Exclusive

Steimate delivery is arround the second week in January
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #92
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppepino View Post
Hi, here's my first post, so thanks in advance to everybody for your help.
I have just ordered an Sdrive 25d, while I currently have an Xdrive 30d. As others have expressed here, it is greatly surprising the strengh of the engine, even from low revs. I had the chance to try it for more tan one our, and I did not find almost any difference with my current car. I was even able to do some acceleration tests and the times I got were pretty simmilar to hat I get with the 30d. Moreover, I did not even noticed any meaningful difference with the steering colum strenght.

So far, my configuration is as follows (sorry it is in spanish)

KS21 X5 xDrive25d
A89 Imperialblau,efecto brillo metalizado
LCEW Cuero Dakota Elfenbeinweiss

Steimate delivery is arround the second week in January
As we say in English your car is "loaded". Very nice, congratulations.
      10-31-2014, 10:34 PM   #93
ppepino
Registered
Spain
Rep

However still not fully decided. Not all the options available apear on bmw's webpage in Spain. Any hint where could I find all of them together. I guess it might be difficult looking at other countries pages, for each country has each own special configurations.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 01:15 PM   #94
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Hi there,

I am quite sure you will be happy with your new car.
But yes - it's difficult to choose between all the options.
Which...also IMHO is one of the benefits of the German brands - they can be adapted to your very own personal preferences.
You really have included many good options there.

Personally, I regret not having chosen the 7SZ Adaptive suspension pack, Head Up and possibly the 688 Harman Kardon sound
(even I am very happy with HiFi).
Oh well. Its easy to say "I should have..." afterwards. Details, details. Next car.

Here, an image of "your" color:

Yes, yes, I know. Bad picture. Gray day, dirty car - almost looks like black, and 19" winter tires.

You will have something to look forward to now :-)

Best
Bent
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 05:39 PM   #95
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 25d sdrive

Brent, your car doen't look that dirty to me
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #96
ppepino
Registered
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
Hi there,

I am quite sure you will be happy with your new car.
But yes - it's difficult to choose between all the options.
Which...also IMHO is one of the benefits of the German brands - they can be adapted to your very own personal preferences.
You really have included many good options there.

Personally, I regret not having chosen the 7SZ Adaptive suspension pack, Head Up and possibly the 688 Harman Kardon sound
(even I am very happy with HiFi).
Oh well. Its easy to say "I should have..." afterwards. Details, details. Next car.

Here, an image of "your" color:

Yes, yes, I know. Bad picture. Gray day, dirty car - almost looks like black, and 19" winter tires.

You will have something to look forward to now :-)

Best
Bent
Well, camming from another X5 I do not miss any of these currently (perhaps the suspensiion, but not having tried it before perhaps I am missing the point)

What I am actually thinking is going for the M package, but is there anything beyond good looking issues that makes it worth it, I mean from a technical point of view.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #97
BXdriver
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
Brent, your car doen't look that dirty to me
So...January is finally approaching, right?
Any news on your car?

Best
Bent
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #98
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

i am curious, too. it's been a long wait but even that has to come to an end. hopefully soon.
      02-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #99
Ikinos
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive25d

Question x5 xdrive25d

Greetings to all,

I am new to the forum but have been following it with great interest. Like many others here I am awaiting delivery of my xdrive25d which was ordered December 8 last.

My order is as follows:
Black sapphire exterior
Canberra beige interior
Comfort seats to front and rear
Anthracite head-liner
Poplar wood trim
Reversing camera
Sports automatic transmission
19" V-spoke 450 style wheels

My configuration choice includes Active Security Package and Dynamic Package, with runner boards, matt aluminium roof rails and exterior trim. Not being a big fan of RFT I also included a spare wheel with my order. I removed the RFT that came as standard on my last 5 series having completed less than 10k on them, and what a difference it made to the ride and handling of the car.

I am expecting delivery of my new x5 in early March, and was wondering if any owners here have opinions about the 4 cylinder engine that the 25d has as its power plant. I was initially considering the 30d six cylinder but was somewhat dismayed at the price difference of €10,000 between engines and the additional Co2 tax cost, without adding any additional options.

I hope I have made the right decision and that the engine performs the way the sales guy has assured me it would. Unlike the 30d version, there is scant reviews or information regarding the 25d other than conclusions that it gives nothing away to the 30d but also that it's no rocket ship.

On my test drive, which lasted all of a half hour, traffic was very conjested and slow moving. I would therefore like to ask, if anyone here could please enlighten me as to its capabilities for motorway cruising speeds and overtaking ability, thank you.
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #100
BXdriver
Norway
Rep

Hello,

Welcome and great to see ANOTHER soon to be 25d owner here.
I think you have started in one of the best threads with info about the 25d engine :-)

Speaking for myself - I can always say "I want more" and so on. I wouldn't say "no" to the 30d or 40d if if the price difference was minimal...but it's not.
The 25d will give you a a good experience. Personally, I think the 25d is very OK, you will also feel you get a lot of "X5 for the monies",
and finally - the engine is very friendly on the wallet (fuel usage/environment).
Sure, it's not super-fast - but it pulls good, especially from standstill and up, like i.e. from an intersection.

If I could wish for more, it would be when driving in, lets say 90km/h, and I would like to quickly bypass the car in front.
Then the engine could have been a little more "long lasting" - possible to push it a bit longer on the RPMs - before it won't give you any more.

BTW, did you test-drive only the 25d and not the 30d?

Like it or not...I also believe that 4 cylinder engines really is the future considering the environmental issues hitting harder and harder. At least in some countries, like my place, Norway.
(Look at Volvo's new XC90, not even to mention MB's 2 liter 360!! horsepower, 450NM (gasoline) engine). Its unheard of just 3-4 years ago I think.
Smaller cars may soon have 3 cylinder engines as a norm.

Here, it's quite amazing at which rate the politicians making a new rule or law to limit even more the usage of cars
- particularly the bigger engine ones (read more NOx/Co2). Locally, I feel the future of owning and driving a car is in fact quite uncertain.
So, in this regard - I feel being able to drive a car like the X5 - and still can "brag" about minimal pollution - is a great compromise.

Will follow your X5 arrival and experience with excitement

All best
Bent
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #101
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Ikinos (welcome!) BXdriver virtually everyone of these chip suppliers (http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1088491) has a chip for the 25d. The table is for 30d/35d, but the % gain in should be comparable for the 25d.

It is not a free lunch, i.e. not without risk, but the consensus amongst those who have had it (and five experienced dealer service reps I spoke to last week) was that if you don't turn it up all the way and try create magic, it should be safe and without check engine light errors.

I am very interested to see your MPG shots in my MPG thread. http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1081659

EDIT: example with one chip, showing performance comparable to 30d/35d: http://www.cpa-chiptuning.de/en/chip...uning_2642.htm

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-11-2015 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #102
Ikinos
Registered
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive25d

xdrive25d

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm counting down the days to the arrival of my x5. In reply to the question asked, did "I not try the 30d" the answer is no; there was no 30d available to try. In Ireland there are not too many new x5's on the roads and very few earlier generation models. I don't believe it has sold too well here giving the purchase cost and the associated costs of fuel, VRT and road tax.

If I were to be living in the UK, my x5 with the same added options would be costing me €14,600 less to buy. The vast majority of 4x4's on the road here would be the likes of Hyundai, Kia and Toyota with very few x5's to be seen. By far the best selling model for BMW in Ireland has been the 5 series. New car sales here aren't what they used to be compared to back in the days before recession set in.

I must have a look into that "chip" that was mentioned. I can see with some scepticism however, the potential of its use on the likes of a 30d straight six to increase the engines output to a 35d, but would have reservations for its success on a four cylinder that is already at max output. The last 5 series I had was a 525d, which I believe is the same engine that is in the 530d except that it is retarded down.

Nevertheless, I look forward with great excitement to the arrival of my new xdrive25d, I'm sure she will surpass all of my expectations and won't disappoint.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2015, 07:02 AM   #103
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
So...January is finally approaching, right?
Any news on your car?

Best
Bent
Hey Bent and atlantiQue,

Sorry for my late reply or even absence on this forum, it's been unusually hectic for the last coupe of weeks at work BUT ... Yes !! I finally picked up my 25 sdrive On Jan 15 after 10,5 months of waiting. As a matter of fact, the car was delivered at the dealership beween XMas and New Year but still I had to wait two weeks before it was handed over by the lease company.

The car totally lives up to my expectations, though I have nog driven more than 500 KMS in 4 weeks due to current work load ( I commute to work by train ). First findings : good throttle response, very silent, luxurious. Average consumption 8,5 liters but I hope this still come down over time.

I honestly don't miss the power of the 6-cyl, givong my current driving style or traffic conditions and legal constraints in Belgium. I only slightly miss the sound of the 6-cyl as once warmed up, the 4-cyl sounds not that bad. I have standard suspension which is OK for my. Glad I took HK sound, really good !

I very much like my color combination (no time for pictures yet) : sparkling brown with canberra beige. Sparkling brown is very dark on dark days, almost black. I feel it gives a nice touch to the car, glad I picked this combination as I hesitated a lot beforehand.

Will post some more, as well as pics, later on. Need to find,some,time,to,drive the car a bit first, and waiting on some sunny weather for pics 😄.

All in all, very happy owner !

Greets, Alain
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #104
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep

I agree Bent, that in Europe, the future seems no longer for big engines, unless for the happy few. In Belgium too, co2 is more and more discussed as taxation base. As governments are desperately seeking money, this seems to be the ideal combination : let's increase taxes so we get more money and in a number of years, everybody drives a small city car which is good for the environment.

Meanwhile, let's enjoy what we still have and not be too pessimistic for the future. We're still better off than 98% of the others ��
Appreciate 2
      02-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #105
BXdriver
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Hey Bent and atlantiQue,

Sorry for my late reply or even absence on this forum, it's been unusually hectic for the last coupe of weeks at work BUT ... Yes !! I finally picked up my 25 sdrive On Jan 15 after 10,5 months of waiting. As a matter of fact, the car was delivered at the dealership beween XMas and New Year but still I had to wait two weeks before it was handed over by the lease company.

The car totally lives up to my expectations, though I have nog driven more than 500 KMS in 4 weeks due to current work load ( I commute to work by train ). First findings : good throttle response, very silent, luxurious. Average consumption 8,5 liters but I hope this still come down over time.

I honestly don't miss the power of the 6-cyl, givong my current driving style or traffic conditions and legal constraints in Belgium. I only slightly miss the sound of the 6-cyl as once warmed up, the 4-cyl sounds not that bad. I have standard suspension which is OK for my. Glad I took HK sound, really good !

I very much like my color combination (no time for pictures yet) : sparkling brown with canberra beige. Sparkling brown is very dark on dark days, almost black. I feel it gives a nice touch to the car, glad I picked this combination as I hesitated a lot beforehand.

Will post some more, as well as pics, later on. Need to find,some,time,to,drive the car a bit first, and waiting on some sunny weather for pics 😄.

All in all, very happy owner !

Greets, Alain
Fantastic!!
Thank you for the update, all this is good news.
(Even you load of work, I guess meaning more monies coming :-))

And you are right - the car is quiet.
I didn't really notice how good it was, before I sat in my friends (brand new) Ford Kuga a while ago. Then I noticed that our car was so much more quiet :-)

Enjoy. Pictures later, that's fine,
Bent
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #106
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Since they made the X5 25d, wonder why they didn't relase an X6 25d?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #107
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep

Given the sportier image of the X6, I don't think a 25d is coming to the market.

But to be really honest ... The 25d does not feel at all underpowered to me, at least not on our Belgian roads with all sorts of speed limits. I get very well along daily traffic, no need for more hp at all. Only thing I miss is the sound of the straight six, but then not even that justifies paying a 20% higher lease price (mostly due to taxation unfortunately).
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #108
Alegria
X5 25d sdrive (on order)
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantiQue View Post
i am curious, too. it's been a long wait but even that has to come to an end. hopefully soon.
AtlantiQue, should I ever come across another sparkling brown X5, I know it's probably you 😄
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 10:25 PM   #109
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport

Quote:
Given the sportier image of the X6, I don't think a 25d is coming to the market.

But to be really honest ... The 25d does not feel at all underpowered to me, at least not on our Belgian roads with all sorts of speed limits. I get very well along daily traffic, no need for more hp at all. Only thing I miss is the sound of the straight six, but then not even that justifies paying a 20% higher lease price (mostly due to taxation unfortunately).
You guys will be surprised , but in RUSSIA , BMW Russian Federation , selling

25d with 3 LITRE engine !!!!! it's the same 30 d but with lowered HP . Dealers suggest to customers to reprogramm ECU to regular 258 hp from 218 .

Isn't funny ??
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #110
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenya B View Post
You guys will be surprised , but in RUSSIA , BMW Russian Federation , selling

25d with 3 LITRE engine !!!!! it's the same 30 d but with lowered HP . Dealers suggest to customers to reprogramm ECU to regular 258 hp from 218 .

Isn't funny ??
You are correct. There are is also a reduce HP version for Thailand. My guess is taxes are driven by a combination of engine size and output.