BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2024, 01:44 PM   #1
Steven907
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

BMW X5 Auto Climate Control Fan Speed

Does anyone know why the Automatic fan speed for climate control while on the “Low” setting the fan speed is super high as if it was on “High” setting? The only time to fan speed is not max while on auto is “Very Low” setting. Is this normal?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #2
tfunk88
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Not saying this is it, but…when you adjust the “fan level” in AUTO what you’re actually adjusting is the “intensity level” of AUTO climate control. So even if it’s on low intensity, if there’s a disparity in temp between the set temp and the actual temp it can raise the fan high. If you turn AUTO off then you are controlling the actual fan speed instead of the AUTO “intensity level”. The intensity level sheeeit confused the hell out of me at first 😂
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 08:17 PM   #3
Tomcat_F15_STL
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

The system is fantastically complex. Typically, German.

I mention this because you may have a faulty sensor causing errant behavior.

Further, as Steven907 intuits... this ain't no Toyoter. lol. You might be wanting it to function the way you expect instead of how it actually does.

~food for thought~
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #4
Steven907
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the thoughts. I guess I will let it roll as it is suppose too. Just odd lol. First ever German car brand I bought. I just switch it to manual mode if the fan always blows max and the cabin is already cold or hot already for my liking.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:35 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

If you have a temp setting that is usually comfortable for you….but due to climate conditions…you feel the air blowing on you from the dash vents are too cold or too warm…your BMW has a stratified air dial located in the center of the dash that can temper the air warmer/cooler by using the dials with red and blue dots on them.

This dial can be used to make temporary adjustments without having the entire IHKA system have to adjust…which can make for more corrections as you get too hot or too cold then have to readjust the system or adjust the fan speed, again causing the entire system to readjust again.

The stratified air dials can immediately change the temp of the air blowing from the dash vents…but the system will still maintain the set temp you have on the IHKA control panel.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:23 AM   #6
Steven907
United_States
Rep

Qsilver7

My X5 is a 2024 model and it does not have any physical buttons for climate control. I have the long screen with iDrive 8.5
Appreciate 0