BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M 40d mildhybrid

Lightbulb iPhone bluetooth HF ringer sounds off - SOLVED

I realized a little overlooked issue when having an iPhone paired with the X5 bluetooth as an phone and audio/media source.
all is super smooth and works, BUT......

when paired phone in the car no way of hearing the phones alerts sounds!!!

WHEN PAIRED AND NON IN DIRECT USE WITH CAR, meaning music is a different source then the iphone itself eg, radio, or even when totaly quiet, the text tones, mails, and all the phones apps sound notifications can not be heard!!!
because the phone directs all sound output to the bluetooth = X5 and the car modul does not play out loud the phones sounds alerts via the speakers unless music is being played from the phone at that time.thats the only time when all the phones ding dongs can be heard.

honestly seems more like an iphone issue, should be playing alerts sounds on the phone itself regarding bluetooth device sync

anyone??

Last edited by pragueX5; 04-12-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Not that one should be looking at every alert on ones phone... But I have vibrate on and I usually notice if my phone vibrates.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #3
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

the cure

googled the answer to myself

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5271432?tstart=0
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

edit: this works but has Airplay has to be disabled each time I get in the car.
its more of a iPhone stupidity here rather then BMW.....
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

SOLVED SOLVED

found solution to this . and quiet obvious one.....
in the idrive setting under connections and under bluetooth - already paired devicec go to the setting preferences of the already paired device - iphone and untick the Audio option, lets leave only phone option enabled.

this way all sounds alerts and alarms of the iphone and all its apps will play always and only directly from the iphone itself. /as opposed to via the car - which did not work and many text messages and other alarms were not answered promptly as I simply could not hear any
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #6
TortugaX5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F15 X5 X35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragueX5
SOLVED SOLVED

found solution to this . and quiet obvious one.....
in the idrive setting under connections and under bluetooth - already paired devicec go to the setting preferences of the already paired device - iphone and untick the Audio option, lets leave only phone option enabled.

this way all sounds alerts and alarms of the iphone and all its apps will play always and only directly from the iphone itself. /as opposed to via the car - which did not work and many text messages and other alarms were not answered promptly as I simply could not hear any
What you've stated will work, but you will need to go into the settings each time you want to play audio via BT, right?

I have my phone (S6 edge) paired and I have ring tones etc. that play through the phone while paired. I have not been able to get the ring tone to play over the cars audio ie. custom ringtone for different contacts. The stock bmw tone alerts me when phone calls come in.
If I have a text come in during BT audio/ media it will play over the car audio. But when I'm
listening to other media such as CD or SAT radio, the text ring tone is not audible.

:
      04-13-2016, 01:25 AM   #7
pragueX5
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

you are exactly right as you say

but honestly I dont need to listen music over Bt from my iphone, I just keep my music collection on the idrive Hdd )

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortugaX5 View Post
What you've stated will work, but you will need to go into the settings each time you want to play audio via BT, right?

I have my phone (S6 edge) paired and I have ring tones etc. that play through the phone while paired. I have not been able to get the ring tone to play over the cars audio ie. custom ringtone for different contacts. The stock bmw tone alerts me when phone calls come in.
If I have a text come in during BT audio/ media it will play over the car audio. But when I'm
listening to other media such as CD or SAT radio, the text ring tone is not audible.

:
Appreciate 0