BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
Iron_Chef
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Exclamation Doors won't close

Today I ran into the issue that I was not able to close 2 of my doors on my 2014 x5, only 3 month old.

I had opened the rear passenger door to let out my kids and wanted to close the door, but somehow it seemed the door was already locked and wouldn't latch close. Upon trying to figure out what the issue was I had the same issue with my right front door.

After trying lock unlock the doors via remote, manually and via switches in the car after 30 min the doors would close again.

Not sure if this is related to the soft close mechanism malfunctioning?

Anyone else encountered this problem?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #2
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Many people had issues with soft close doors and issue was resolved after a service visit, not sure if it was a software update or some hardware replacement, but if you haven't seen your service center since you picked up because of soft close issue, it's time to visit them.
      10-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I had this happen on my F30 once, but assumed it had more to do with comfort access (maybe I hit the lock button after opening the door without realizing…). It didn't take 30 minutes of messing with the locks though, just hit the unlock button on the FOB once and that was all it took. Hasn't happened since and this was just a few months ago, I've had the car a year and a half. Probably just a glitch. I would wait and see if it happens again.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I had this happen on my F30 once, but assumed it had more to do with comfort access (maybe I hit the lock button after opening the door without realizing…). It didn't take 30 minutes of messing with the locks though, just hit the unlock button on the FOB once and that was all it took. Hasn't happened since and this was just a few months ago, I've had the car a year and a half. Probably just a glitch. I would wait and see if it happens again.
Do you have soft close doors?
      10-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #5
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
I had this happen on my F30 once, but assumed it had more to do with comfort access (maybe I hit the lock button after opening the door without realizing). It didn't take 30 minutes of messing with the locks though, just hit the unlock button on the FOB once and that was all it took. Hasn't happened since and this was just a few months ago, I've had the car a year and a half. Probably just a glitch. I would wait and see if it happens again.
Do you have soft close doors?
Not on that car, no. Just comfort access. So I assume my finger hit the lock button inadvertently. Again, this was a ten second ordeal, not 30 minutes. I closed the door and it bounced back at me, I realized the lock had engaged, unlocked via FOB, closed door. Still seems like something could've malfunctioned, how could I have locked it while closing it, never heard it lock, no beep for the lock, etc. but it hasn't happened since.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
Iron_Chef
Private
Rep

I have a service appt. on Saturday lets see what they say.

But yes I did try the key fob buttons the lock/unlock button in the doors.
Hasn't happened since yesterday morning; think like previous replies indicated it is an issue with the soft lock mechanism.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
Iron_Chef
Private
Rep

Well as to be expected the dealership couldn't replicate the problem.
They did adjust all the door mechanisms. Lets see if it happens again.

On another note they where able to fix my seat bolster noise issue.
They installed some felt tape and that took care of the noise.
Appreciate 0