04-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #1
mikeson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 M package

Center arm rest question

Hi guys,

The part number for the center arm rest are different X6 and X5.
But it looks same.
Does anybody know it is interchangeable?
Because my center arm rest got little leather damaged and want to replace it. And I find same color but from X5.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 09:37 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeson View Post
Hi guys,

The part number for the center arm rest are different X6 and X5.
But it looks same.
Does anybody know it is interchangeable?
Because my center arm rest got little leather damaged and want to replace it. And I find same color but from X5.

Thank you.
Dig a bit deeper in the part database and you’ll see what the differences are. What is your interior color and what type of leather do you have? If your options are not offered on the X5...that is why there is no compatible/exchangeable part number.

When you pull up the part number index for each model...you’lll see that the diagrams are numbered the same...and the big difference is the leather/material/color combinations that are different.

The f15/f16 X5/X6 uses the same part nbrs for the center console pieces that are the same color and leather type...but if your color combination is different than one offered for the X5...then it will not have an interchangeable part number. If the leather & color is the same...then they will have the same part nbrs (you can verify this yourself by pulling up the diagram for EACH model...and compare the part nbrs for the color & type of leather you have. If your model’s leather type and color is not offered on the f15 X5..that is why the part number is different and not interchangeable.

You can see the code numbers in the side-by-side pic below. The f15 X5 is on the left and the f16 X6 is on the right. If your interior color code is not listed on the left side (X5)...then that’s why you can’t find what you’re looking for. If your interior color code is the same as what was offered on a f15 X5..then you should be able to order the same part number. Again, can verify this by selecting one of the matching interior color codes used on the X5 & X6...pull up that 11 digit BMW part number and see that it is the same part number.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 04-25-2021 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
mikeson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you so much. Mine is a Nappa white leather and I will update you.
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2021, 04:13 PM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeson View Post
Thank you so much. Mine is a Nappa white leather and I will update you.
Ah...that's what the problem is. Your interior code (based on what you wrote) would be the NAEN

The closest you could come to matching from an f15 X5 would be one with interior color codes NAEX or NAEW (you can refer back to the info from part database above for verification). I'm not sure where the "black" accents are located on your interior...but if the entire center glove box is only covered in the effeinbein-weiss Nappa leather...check to see if the f15 X5's with the same effeinbein-weiss Nappa leather also have center gloveboxes covered the same way as yours. If they are...then those are two other vehicles you can make a selection from.

If the extended or non extended leather and black accents appear on the center glovebox...then that may present a problem.

Good luck.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:12 PM   #5
mikeson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I just replaced mine.
X5 and X6 are same size and you can buy it from any car as long as color is match.
I bought white Napa leather from X5 and put it on my X6.
It was same color and same size.
Anyway, thank you Qsilver7
Appreciate 0