BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2014, 07:23 AM   #1
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport

6-8 week from being built to delivery???

I was told this week that my 2015 X5d has been sent to production and should be built within the next week. The manager at my dealer has told me that I should expect the vehicle mid-late October (he also told me he's only been at the dealer for two weeks and admittedly wasn't certain).

This sounds crazy to me! 6-8 weeks to go from being built to arriving at the dealership????? I live near Toronto to its not like the vehicle is being shipped overseas.

Anyone have a sense of when I should expect delivery? Personally I'm hoping in the second half of September.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

I have seen forum members received the car with average of 4-5 weeks since the day of ordering.
There were big delays on the beginning of the 2014 MY, I have seen 3-4 months of delivery since the date of order.
Good luck.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
Surfrider
Polar Bear Power > HP
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 50i M-Sport

It's really all about production slot availability. (Some dealers have their own slots available sooner than others). It only takes a week or so to build, but when they can start on that build is the big variable.

I have has to wait as long as 4 months and as short as 2 weeks on various BMWs over the last few years.
Appreciate 0