BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2024, 02:51 PM   #23
G0rdon
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

I think I've just found out a clue...When I drive with the passenger, the clunk seems to disappear ...So I've used my dad as a driver, I sit down on the passenger side and once again - clunk is gone?!?

So what would cause the clunk disappear under 80kg+ load? Could it be the strut/strut mount?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 04:59 PM   #24
G0rdon
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

I will also be checking soon the front drive shaft as I've saw plenty of people had problems with it (play on the U-joints), so it might be worth to inspect it.

But I wanted to ask about a different thing I've might did wrong (and maybe that's also causing clunk?) - when I was replacing the strut (shock absorbers only) I was thinking it doesn't matter how the strut mount is installed (I have classic, non-vdc suspension) - does it also have to be set up in a specific direction? If yes, does anybody posess a manual for non vdc strut replacement?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:59 AM   #25
kodpkd
Rep
Drives: 320i xdrive, 2017 X5

I am looking for the same clunk. Has anybody found the upper A arm making the noise? As long as I'm taking things apart the two lower arms and stabilizer link shouldn't be that hard to do.
Has anybody had luck with Bison Performance parts?

Last edited by kodpkd; Today at 10:34 AM..
Appreciate 0