BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #1
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

Dealership problem- TPMS

Ok- so I bought 4 tires from my local dealership- they called me to tell me that “the tire wouldn’t fit”. No lie. I said is it the exact same tire and size (Conti) as is on the car now? Guy replies yes but it won’t fit. I said clearly it’s a bad tire, find a new one. They literally tried to tell me I needed a different type of tire. After me using logic and not caving, they miraculously fixed it (bought a new tire to replace the bad one they originally tried to fit!

I get the car and it immediately throws a TPMS fault code. But I am headed across country for a trip and just clear it. This went on for a couple weeks because I knew it would store the code date. In my opinion, it’s obvious they effed that up too while they were trying to get the bad tire to fit.

So I take the car in and now they say “the just showed up yesterday “. It’s been throwing every day for 2+ weeks! How can it be it isn’t there?
Did they clear it? Did they pull it wrong? Help me out!!!
      04-08-2021, 11:18 AM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The unfortunate part of this story is that changing tires shouldn't read like a script for a new episode of Fringe show.

While getting the car from the dealer, did the TPMS fault appear when you started the car? It's a good practice to take a picture of the dashboard and date it.

That would also be the right time to share this information with SA.

At this point, do you want the dealer to diagnose the problem and replace the TPMS sensor at no charge?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

If you get your car back and there is something wrong-notify your SA right away. Right now you have no proof that this was a problem the day you picked up the car, not few weeks later. At this point this is up to your dealership.
Appreciate 0