MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I got one, and it's slightly embarrassing because I could be completely wrong;

- Admiring glances! Driving through town the car does get a double take from people....at least I think its the car

Anyone else get this?
There are now 6 at the school pick up / drop off, and two on our tiny street. Wife thought perhaps her second choice, the cayenne, would have been better.
      02-27-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

I feel most people are NOT looking twice at me/car in my area. You would need a Porsche 911 Turbo - or something REALLY special for that to happen.

Most people just try to show off that their car - actually CAN drive faster than my X5 anyway. It's a lot of that attitude here.

Mostly I do not care, but also, in SOME ways, it's kind more annoying than a good feeling to drive around in a car like this - in this regard....

Good weekend all,
Bent
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 01:01 PM   #25
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
There are now 6 at the school pick up / drop off, and two on our tiny street. Wife thought perhaps her second choice, the cayenne, would have been better.
Because they sell less?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #26
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Agree with so much of what's been said !

I've owned many BMWs including e92, F10 and the build quality of F15 was visibly above anything I'd seen before from Munich. It's a premium brand for BMW and so quality and refinement does exude at you.

The car has a very masculine and imposing stance. It's a very serious machine, focussed, sharp, and precise. It has the technology many cars won't for years.

I've seen a lot more on the UK roads and mine will join the crowd in less than 48hrs :-)
      02-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #27
SDRX
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
I was thinking today while ambling along about kip1 and the 'annoying things in the X5' thread. And really there is not a lot, if anything that annoys me about the car. The only thing is perhaps the lead time we outside of North America have to wait for the car and the excessive price we pay. And that is down to BMWs sales & pricing policy

So, with this mind how about a 'glass half full' thread; Things we like about the X5?

I'll start it off, and please bear in mind my previous car was the E70 SE with steel springs

1- Quality fit & finish - Far higher than any other BMW I have owned or 'she who must be obeyed' RR
2. Ride - Bloody Great. Love the Adaptive Suspension
3. Sport Mode - FANTASTIC! Used it today on a wet, muddy country road and felt like The Boss 'Born To Run'
4. IDrive & Multi Media - Still the best User Interface - IMO
Could go on but will leave it there
Quote:
5. Pano sunroof
6. the comfort of the "comfort" seats
7. acceleration (yes, in my 30d/35d)
8. quiet
9. split rear hatch, allowing you to sit in the lower one when needed
10. HUD (can never own another car without one)
Like them all, too. Plus,

11. The cool looking corona rings are with a more squarish shape than the traditional round headlights. This makes cars look much much better.
Totally agree. F15 LCI very likely to have OLED I suspect! What was suppose to be a safety feature has become a poignant signature for many cars. The F15 lights with the LED eyebrow looks amazing. I watched one go buy at the supermarket and ran the trolley over my foot because I was so distracted.
      02-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #28
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow-Kidney View Post
Because they sell less?
Yes, fewer on the road...not every mom at school dressed the same.
      02-27-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I get it. I don't want all of my neighbors having my same car. I see quite a few X5s here but most are base models. And I expected to see others with the X5 because it is a popular vehicle. Had that been a big concern I would have purchased it knowing that it isn't a low volume car in my area.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 09:57 PM   #30
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Quote:
Quote:
I get it. I don't want all of my neighbors having my same car. I see quite a few X5s here but most are base models. And I expected to see others with the X5 because it is a popular vehicle. Had that been a big concern I would have purchased it knowing that it isn't a low volume car in my area.

Try Model X. You won't see too many... The 1st batch could be 2015 4Q.

Last edited by retx; 02-27-2015 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Added Quote
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 12:31 AM   #31
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by retx View Post
Try Model X. You won't see too many... The 1st batch could be 2015 4Q.
Are you referring to Tesla? The model s is a dime a dozen here. I imagine the X will be as well. It looks terrible but I wanted one...they kept pushing it. Maybe I'll get the 2nd gen.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 01:08 AM   #32
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are you referring to Tesla? The model s is a dime a dozen here. I imagine the X will be as well. It looks terrible but I wanted one...they kept pushing it. Maybe I'll get the 2nd gen.
Exactly.

Fisker designed the nicer car for his own venture -too bad about the batteries. Tesla filed suit, but it was too late. Model S looks like a fancier Ford Taurus to my eyes. The battery/motor technology is superb. The large screen in the center looks awful, and the graphics are appropriate for a desktop or laptop, not a car.

Third row makes the X5 third row look like a luxury suite at the opera house.
      02-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #33
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Just curious... What it will be like - if I drive X5 in Mulholland all the way to Malibu? I hardly see SUV on that road...
Appreciate 0