BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #1
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

need help with Wiring Schematic and diagrams

so as i may have mentioned.

i had a shop install my subwoofer and amp... cables got snagged out and +- contact blew the system and fuses.

the installer had power direct from rear battery, L+R Line Out converter splice from a wire loom in the rear left panel.

and spliced the keyed ignition power switch for the amp with a green and white cable in that same loom from the rear left compartment.

the cable converges in that compartment and sources from under the plastic panel where are battery is, havent checked since locating the spliced power wire, but i need help.

my PDC and sensors had been blown, or the fuse is shot, but i cannot locate the dead fuse.....so now i have no backup camera or beeping sensors. so the green and white wire must have something to do with it, or when this all went down it blew things up through the CanBus system.

anyone have diagrams or information on what the greeen and white cable may be? it diverges to the rear of the car under the plastic panel, and i assume to complete the sensor and camera system?

so i can not activate my camera and parking system with the button next to drive mode switch, and when i access Idrive system, to activate the parking system, it shows the option but does not check the box, it stays off.

i know this may not be thourough buti have no hope, as my tech at BMW needs the car awhile to source the issue

i was with the tech when he was using the computer in the shop, and he had this very infomrative bmw program that showed every detail and system in our vehicles....can i access this? is it the rheingold system i found on the internet? and if anyone has it....please save me, i can help with pictures
      02-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep

if i cant find any dead fuses in the panels, what else could be the issue...i hope i didnt make an expensive mistake
      02-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
42pilot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d MSport

Is there any way you can temporarily disconnect the wires he spliced (assuming this keeps the OEM loom intact)? If you can, you should test your camera again. If it comes on, then it does not like the voltage drop from the audio. If there is no change, keep the system disconnected and see if you can get the installer or a dealer to give you an opinion.

Most of our sensors operate with voltages between 0 - 5 volts (on the engine/tranny). Maybe this is part of the problem. If I have a problem after an installation, I usually uninstall and trouble-shoot.

Sorry I can't help much more.
      03-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep

disconnected the wire splice reverting it to stock and it was still out.

42pilot

There must be a way to check through computer system. is There no wiring schematics and diagrams available to civilians.

how about a Corporate team that might know this like the abc's.....
      03-05-2015, 09:12 AM   #5
quattrospeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Soon to be F15 X5 x3.0

I've been following this thread, could have sworn reverting to stock would have fixed it your issue. Are they clean splices? Did you put it back together properly? What kind of connectors did you use?

happiness is driving your car after washing it
Appreciate 0