HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Hammad, do you plan on doing any modifications on your X5? I know you bought the X5 to stand out from the rest of the crowd, so I was wondering if you thought of such upgrades. I also know the UAE area has beautiful scenery. Please post pictures of your X5 when you are out and about when/if you have time. I know many of us enjoy looking at other memebers' X5s in this forum, especially with beautiful backgrounds. Thank you .

Also, you think the car is fast right now. iA, just wait till you break it in after the 1200 mile mark. I drove my car on the highway the other day, and the difference is truly significant from when I first bought the vehicle. You will definitely enjoy it on those long stretches of highway as you pass the regular Porsches, Mercs, and Ranges. I'm just curious, but do you ever see modified cars like the Lexus Invader?
To be frank I am not into the modifying business..although I am thinking of changing my rims..I thought these would look more "prestigious" but I also like the sporty feel of the car..so im thinking of the black rims. Other than that I don't think I would modify it especially engine wise..I like the car just as it is from the manufacturer.
I sure will! I am currently out of town for the fortnight but I will definately share pictures around the city and out in the desert roads

I would love to take it for a proper cruise like I would've done if I was driving on the autobahn for example..but to our bad luck the city is full of speed traps and speed cameras..so it is quite difficult to push it to the limits on the highways but there are always a decent amount of open roads around the desert where we can push our cars to their limit. However as you know it's summer now and temperatures reach 45 degrees (113 F) so it would hurt my tires i guess..but i definately will do a 0-200 sometime soon as soon as i pass the 2000 Km mark.

Well i'm guessing you should know that no car is special in Dubai anymore..that is a bummer but it's sadly true. Since most guys are into SUV's we do see many lexus's but even more so Invaders and X6/X5 Hamman's and porsche gembala's. It's a crazy world to be the best over here
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #24
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamad Nasser View Post
To be frank I am not into the modifying business..although I am thinking of changing my rims..I thought these would look more "prestigious" but I also like the sporty feel of the car..so im thinking of the black rims. Other than that I don't think I would modify it especially engine wise..I like the car just as it is from the manufacturer.
I sure will! I am currently out of town for the fortnight but I will definately share pictures around the city and out in the desert roads

I would love to take it for a proper cruise like I would've done if I was driving on the autobahn for example..but to our bad luck the city is full of speed traps and speed cameras..so it is quite difficult to push it to the limits on the highways but there are always a decent amount of open roads around the desert where we can push our cars to their limit. However as you know it's summer now and temperatures reach 45 degrees (113 F) so it would hurt my tires i guess..but i definately will do a 0-200 sometime soon as soon as i pass the 2000 Km mark.

Well i'm guessing you should know that no car is special in Dubai anymore..that is a bummer but it's sadly true. Since most guys are into SUV's we do see many lexus's but even more so Invaders and X6/X5 Hamman's and porsche gembala's. It's a crazy world to be the best over here
I, myself, don't really do mods. I mostly like wheel and tint upgrades. I just got interested in the Dinan engine tune after hearing about it in the forums. It's the only one that seems to have a solid warranty, which is why I would even consider it.

Thank you for offering to take pictures. I forgot how hot it gets in summer over there, so yeah hold off on the cruising to be safe, lol.

Yeah, this is true. Dubai is probably one of the major places where you see these crazy modded SUVs and super cars the most. I think that's why cars like our X5 are unique in the sense that they can look really different/better with wheel upgrades. The Dinan tune itself would make it a silent monster/dark horse on the road .
      06-12-2014, 11:47 PM   #25
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
I, myself, don't really do mods. I mostly like wheel and tint upgrades. I just got interested in the Dinan engine tune after hearing about it in the forums. It's the only one that seems to have a solid warranty, which is why I would even consider it.

Thank you for offering to take pictures. I forgot how hot it gets in summer over there, so yeah hold off on the cruising to be safe, lol.

Yeah, this is true. Dubai is probably one of the major places where you see these crazy modded SUVs and super cars the most. I think that's why cars like our X5 are unique in the sense that they can look really different/better with wheel upgrades. The Dinan tune itself would make it a silent monster/dark horse on the road .
The Dinan tune sounds pretty nice.
I'll definately check it out.
I love having a car that can always shut some people up..I remember when I had my E71 X6 50i I smoked a G63..it felt better than anything I've tried recently.
The competition here is crazy it's always about who can smoke who on a 0-100 race .. you should come visit and experience the action first hand
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 01:57 AM   #26
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The Dinan tune sounds pretty nice.
I'll definately check it out.
I love having a car that can always shut some people up..I remember when I had my E71 X6 50i I smoked a G63..it felt better than anything I've tried recently.
The competition here is crazy it's always about who can smoke who on a 0-100 race .. you should come visit and experience the action first hand
Yeah, it's funny to see the look on people's faces when they underestimate you, lol. I don't think anyone likes obnoxious drivers. I respect people who can afford nice cars and be humble about it .

Thank you for the invite, Hamad . I'd love to visit Dubai in the near future. The most I've ever seen of it is the Dubai International Airport when stopping over a few hours for a connecting flight, which was almost 9 years ago. Two of my uncles have close family friends there and visit quite often. One of them just returned recently from vacationing there and took loads of great pictures of his trip. It's crazy to see how much changes over the years in terms of infrastructure/industrialization.
      06-13-2014, 03:55 AM   #27
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, it's funny to see the look on people's faces when they underestimate you, lol. I don't think anyone likes obnoxious drivers. I respect people who can afford nice cars and be humble about it .

Thank you for the invite, Hamad . I'd love to visit Dubai in the near future. The most I've ever seen of it is the Dubai International Airport when stopping over a few hours for a connecting flight, which was almost 9 years ago. Two of my uncles have close family friends there and visit quite often. One of them just returned recently from vacationing there and took loads of great pictures of his trip. It's crazy to see how much changes over the years in terms of infrastructure/industrialization.
Unfortunately most people just take driving a good car for granted I guess. It bothers me too but it is one of those things that we have to deal with in life.
You should come by sometime.
What makes Dubai so special is that you can come every year and still find the skyline changing And the cars..it is like a motor show every day.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 04:17 AM   #28
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Fancy cars at the Mall of the Emirates, this one 0-100km in 2.7s

Name:  6_13__Lambo.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  506.6 KB
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #29
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

@Hamad Nasser, if I ever stroll through Dubai, I'll be sure to let you know . Yes, I guess that's why Dubai seems so lively/busy all the time.

@barcelona, nice picture, buddy! The Aventador is my favorite car - I'm a big lambo fan. I saw it up close in Chicago, IL at a Bentley dealership in Matte Black (the same one Cristiano Ronaldo has), and it was a beauty :

06-13-2014, 04:48 AM   #30
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Fancy cars at the Mall of the Emirates, this one 0-100km in 2.7s

Attachment 1042634
Such a beauty.
You should be at the Dubai Mall valet parking on a Thursday/Friday night.
You'd be surprised

here's a sneak peak of what you may expect on a normal weekday.

Last edited by HMN; 06-13-2014 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 04:49 AM   #31
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
@Hamad Nasser, if I ever stroll through Dubai, I'll be sure to let you know . Yes, I guess that's why Dubai seems so lively/busy all the time.

@barcelona, nice picture, buddy! The Aventador is my favorite car - I'm a big lambo fan. I saw it up close in Chicago, IL at a Bentley dealership in Matte Black (the same one Cristiano Ronaldo has), and it was a beauty :

The colour just takes this car to another level!
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 05:20 AM   #32
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Such a beauty.
You should be at the Dubai Mall valet parking on a Thursday/Friday night.
You'd be surprised

here's a sneak peak of what you may expect on a normal weekday.
That's pretty awesome. I don't know how people have the patience to stay that long to make videos of all those cars, lol. You could tell Mr. Patrick has a thing for the G-Class. I won't lie, I think that SUV is a classic. It seems they are finally going to change the shape into something new I believe next year or so in order to compete with the new Land Rover Defender. While I was in Atlanta, I regularly saw super cars. My favorite was a modified SLS and a brand new Baby Blue Lamborghini Gallardo with black wheels (the last year it would be made before being discontinued due to the Huracan). My cousin owns a Foreign Import dealership and buys and sells all those super cars. He gets his hands on some rare finds, which is always fun to see. For a long time, he was driving a modded Continental GT before upgrading (or downgrading?) to an SLS:

Personally, I'd love to just drive an Aventador for a day .

Last edited by opasha; 06-13-2014 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #33
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

You guys are bad influence. Now you got me itching for UAE again, maybe Expo 2020. Hamad, I really like NZ, esp Queenstown, Auckland was a peaceful large city.

Name:  6_13_14______P1070394.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  595.5 KB
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #34
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
That's pretty awesome. I don't know how people have the patience to stay that long to make videos of all those cars, lol. You could tell Mr. Patrick has a thing for the G-Class. I won't lie, I think that SUV is a classic. It seems they are finally going to change the shape into something new I believe next year or so in order to compete with the new Land Rover Defender. While I was in Atlanta, I regularly saw super cars. My favorite was a modified SLS and a brand new Baby Blue Lamborghini Gallardo with black wheels (the last year it would be made before being discontinued due to the Huracan). My cousin owns a Foreign Import dealership and buys and sells all those super cars. He gets his hands on some rare finds, which is always fun to see. For a long time, he was driving a modded Continental GT before upgrading (or downgrading?) to an SLS:

Personally, I'd love to just drive an Aventador for a day .

A continental to an SLS? My personal opinion..I'd say it's neither. They're on the same level..luxury with a sports heritage. But the aventador is just something else. It seems like a car you would get in and never get out of
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #35
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
You guys are bad influence. Now you got me itching for UAE again, maybe Expo 2020. Hamad, I really like NZ, esp Queenstown, Auckland was a peaceful large city.

Attachment 1042637
We definately hope you can visit sometime soon!
NZ is quiet..vastly different from UAE.
A place you come to to disconnect from the world I guess.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #36
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
A continental to an SLS? My personal opinion..I'd say it's neither. They're on the same level..luxury with a sports heritage. But the aventador is just something else. It seems like a car you would get in and never get out of
Well said .
      06-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #37
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Man, I just checked out that mall parking lot video.
That was a weekdays crowd, I couldn't imagine what would weekend crowd looks like.
I guess if I have a beater car would turn the head then?
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2014, 01:04 AM   #38
Nkbm82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post

http://www.complex.com/rides/2014/02/dubai-doesnt-want-poor-people-driving

LoL
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 01:26 AM   #39
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnick82
Quote:

LoL
But, but, I am not poor, just don't like driving expensive car, LoL.
Appreciate 2
      06-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #40
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
That was a weekdays crowd, I couldn't imagine what would weekend crowd looks like.
The weekends are a completely different story.
It is difficult to be special here but sometimes its all about the driver if you get me
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #41
HMN
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scnick82 View Post

LoL
I think who ever wrote this article is aiming for a cheap shot..
It is not possible that you can keep people who are underprivilaged off any road.
It was probably meant in another way and interpreted this way because, well basically, that is what media does; twist everything.
Yes we are not perfect but making such a claim that we want the poor off our roads is just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #42
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I think who ever wrote this article is aiming for a cheap shot..
It is not possible that you can keep people who are underprivilaged off any road.
It was probably meant in another way and interpreted this way because, well basically, that is what media does; twist everything.
Yes we are not perfect but making such a claim that we want the poor off our roads is just ridiculous.
Nicely put, Hamad. The media is notorious all over the world for twisting anything and everything. Even if something as stupid as that were remotely possible, it wouldn't keep anyone off the road. If anything, it would create greater road rage and lead to poor people using their beat up cars to ram rich people off the road simply because of such a stupid law, haha.

Also, like Ben (r33) said and kind of to add to what you said regarding it being all about the driver - I think what truly gets lost in translation is the person driving the car; that's what makes a car stand out the most. An arrogant jerk that owns an expensive car that drives fast and speeds all the time without a care in the world for others' safety belittles the beauty of cars; a humble and courteous person that owns an expensive car actually allows us to take a step back and appreciate that beauty. It's truly about perspective and also giving the driver the benefit of the doubt. Not all rich people are rude and thoughtless in regards to the poor and society in general, which is what that article seems to stereotype. I've met plenty of people, rich, middle-class, and poor, on both extremes in regards to character/personality.

Anyway, sorry for the random tangent . I guess I'm sorta "deep" that way, lol.
      06-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #43
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamad Nasser
Quote:
The weekends are a completely different story.
It is difficult to be special here but sometimes its all about the driver if you get me
Hamad,
Now Dubai is another destination in my bucket list. Any reason that I should put Dubai on the priority list of place to visit first other than F1 season?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:15 AM   #44
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

I was in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for 4 nights and we had a great trip, one of the safest countries, with really low crime. I talked to many expats in the hospitality industry, all had nothing but good things to say about Dubai & Abu Dhabi and in particular about the locals a how they respected them. They were grateful to have jobs to send money abroad. Our waiter one night our said that he once had to deliver room service to the owner of a hotel chain, and he received a $100 tip and that the King or Prince was humble and modestly dressed. The expats wish they could obtain citizenship and only stated that is really hot in the summer. They loved working in Dubai and were not as keen on Saudi Arabia.
Appreciate 0