Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
what do you suggest i should do?

This is the short version folks:
When I picked up my F15 in February, the steering wheel made some chirping noise. The Service manager said a ribbon cable needs to be replaced. The part took2 months to arrive and so we changed it late april/early may.
When we got the vehicle it was never like the first day. All settings were changed as they reprogrammed the car...all messed up....I.e.the fan now turns on everytime you turn on the vehicle regardless of last setting..it wasn't like this before that...or for entering new address on navigation we have to start all the way from province....it doesn't keep the last entered address as default...again, it was correct before that...
So after long struggles and back and forths, I didn't accomplish anything...service manager couldn't fix it and bmw NA never supported...so the problems are still present....
But recently the core issue (steering wheel sound) is back!!!
This means not only they weren't able to fix the root cause and had us take the brand new vehicle at that point to do something else on it but also f...up the car settings that were never fixed....
Very disappointed at the services, level of knowledge and my options....
What would you recommend I do? I already sent out a letter to the dealership threatening to take legal actions as I was very p...off
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #2
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Take it back again. Do it until they get 3 strikes on the same issue.
Then you can claim it as a lemon, at least here in US.
I've done it. As long as you have the proof of service over a same issue within certain period of time, they will buy back the car and will get you some compensation for your trouble. Oh, and BMWNA "DO" read this forum so keep that in mind. Don't reveal anything here that can work against you. Ask me how I know.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #3
nameisjae1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 M sports

Sorry to hear about your issues. Here is a thread that might help you. Hope the dealer can resolved your issues. Not sure if Canada has the same Lemon laws.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ighlight=lemon
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 02:46 AM   #4
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

Steering wheel took we twice attempts as well. That said it seems slightly temperature related. It got worse in summer time for me. The other issues could be solved by reloading the software I hope. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Theres no better way than Lemoning the Car, but before that it is worth another try to fix the car, but make sure that the dealer doesn't f... Up the car and all your personal settings..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
we have something called The Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (CAMVAP) which is Canada’s answer to U.S. legislation that awards consumers compensation when their vehicles fall apart.
It is not comparable to lemon law as it doesn't aim to have owners sell back their vehicle but rather get some compensation for the cost of repair of faults...it is an arbitration more so than a court lawsuit.
A big if though:
BMW, Mitsubishi and Suzuki are not participating in CAMVAP, so owners of their vehicles must wrangle with dealers or elect to go to court.
Also, it is more elusive for buyers of used vehicles.
Good read though:
http://www.wheels.ca/news/bought-a-l...u-should-call/
Appreciate 0