Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
6NS Issue

I had 6NS properly coded and the Office option appears in the menu. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I delete the phone and repair, I never get an option that allows me to assign a Phone 2. Mr. Boon had this same issue but it just started working for him.

Any suggestions on how to get Phone 2 active other than recycling?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
I had 6NS properly coded and the Office option appears in the menu. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I delete the phone and repair, I never get an option that allows me to assign a Phone 2. Mr. Boon had this same issue but it just started working for him.

Any suggestions on how to get Phone 2 active other than recycling?

Thanks
From the coding thread I sent you, did you try this? "I had to go into Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. You can then assign the 1 or 2 to each paired telephone, and the sms work"
      11-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
From the coding thread I sent you, did you try this? "I had to go into Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. You can then assign the 1 or 2 to each paired telephone, and the sms work"
Thank you!! That did it for the Phone 2 Option. I deleted all phones and repaired mine to Phone 2. Still no text messages or mail option, but I will keep playing with it. At least I know have the ability to have the two phones connected!!! Thank you again Opasha.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
Thank you!! That did it for the Phone 2 Option. I deleted all phones and repaired mine to Phone 2. Still no text messages or mail option, but I will keep playing with it. At least I know have the ability to have the two phones connected!!! Thank you again Opasha.
Anytime, my friend!
      12-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

I also have coded 6NS(actually opasha and shawnsheridan helped me) but somehow not able to receive any text messages on my car screen, was you able to get it???
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub View Post
I also have coded 6NS(actually opasha and shawnsheridan helped me) but somehow not able to receive any text messages on my car screen, was you able to get it???
From my coding thread:

Enhanced Bluetooth (6NS): Add 6NS to your FA. VO Code HU_NBT. Then follow these steps after for your iPhone to pair properly (thank you @skalberti): Then you have to remove all bluetooth devices and re add them. And then configure them like Shawn said. Now for text messages to show up, go to the bluetooth menu on your phone, look for your last 5 of your vin. Hit info incon on the right. Check and make sure "show notifications" and "sync contacts" are checked on. Now whenever you're in your car and someone texts you an envelope icon will appear on your idrive. Now you can use Siri hands free and ask her to read your new texts. Then she'll give you the option to reply if you want. To get emails to show up, after your in your car and the phone is connected, double tap the home button and close the mail app that's running in the background. If it's not running in the background go ahead and click on the mail app after your phone has connected to your car. Now emails will show up and they can be read to you. Keep in mind, the idrive will only alert you of messages received while connect to your car. If you received a message before you get in your car, it won't display it after you connect to your car. Also, if you're having issues with Phone 2 not showing up, try this: "Options-scroll down-Configure bluetooth, and tick Telephone 2 and Office. You can then assign the 1 or 2 to each paired telephone."