BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2016, 08:40 AM   #23
BMWadrenaline
@BMWADRENALINE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine X5M

I would more likely believe it was a dealer error than a BMW factory error. Dealerships swap parts from one car to another to deliver a car to a new customer rather than wait a month for a new door panel/part to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:30 AM   #24
SNAGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Me? Fix/replace it and move on. It's an extra 1-2 hours at the dealership that can be taken care of at your next service. Wasted time sucks, but get a loaner and move on. They just scratched the roof of mine at 2000 miles when replacing the faulty antenna. They expect to keep it up to one week while the entire roof is repainted. I'm not happy about it, but I'm not asking to be compensated.
And I thought I was the only one that had a faulty antenna, I guess not. Mine was intermittent SAT radio cutout that happened very infrequently and I was able to live with it for awhile. Took them a few visits (most of them scheduled maintenance) to finally figure it out.

Guess what? The scratched my roof too and it needed to be repainted etc.

An inconvenience yes. Frustrated yes. But to get ones panties in a wad over it if they make good on it when we are all human that's borderline childish. It's not like it was a "life or death" situation such as the situation where there was a fire and the driver couldn't get out of car because of the locking system; that in my book qualifies as an event where one should get their "panties in a wad".
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:41 AM   #25
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

I don't understand what the price of the vehicle (100K) has to do with anything. Are you suggesting that someone who pays 30K shouldn't be that upset.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 12:35 PM   #26
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
I don't understand what the price of the vehicle (100K) has to do with anything. Are you suggesting that someone who pays 30K shouldn't be that upset.
Yes, 100k market is niche market, I don't expect a lot at Outback restaurant, I don't expect motel 6 to be the W. You buy these cars because they can do things a 30k car cannot and a certain level of customer care is expected
      12-14-2016, 12:38 PM   #27
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAGuy View Post
Quote:
Me? Fix/replace it and move on. It's an extra 1-2 hours at the dealership that can be taken care of at your next service. Wasted time sucks, but get a loaner and move on. They just scratched the roof of mine at 2000 miles when replacing the faulty antenna. They expect to keep it up to one week while the entire roof is repainted. I'm not happy about it, but I'm not asking to be compensated.
And I thought I was the only one that had a faulty antenna, I guess not. Mine was intermittent SAT radio cutout that happened very infrequently and I was able to live with it for awhile. Took them a few visits (most of them scheduled maintenance) to finally figure it out.

An inconvenience yes. Frustrated yes. But to get ones panties in a wad over it if they make good on it when we are all human that's borderline childish. It's not like it was a "life or death" situation such as the situation where there was a fire and the driver couldn't get out of car because of the locking system; that in my book qualifies as an event where one should get their "panties in a wad".
I would be fairly upset, they should help to alleviate that feeling with goods or service for your inconvenience and loss of use.
      12-14-2016, 12:45 PM   #28
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Wow, so I guess if you spend 300K on a vehicle you should be able to justify shooting the service people at your local auto service center.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 12:47 PM   #29
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Wow, so I guess if you spend 300K on a vehicle you should be able to justify shooting the service people at your local auto service center.
That a ridiculous statement, I personally would delete that
      12-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #30
Luca42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Yes, 100k market is niche market, I don't expect a lot at Outback restaurant, I don't expect motel 6 to be the W. You buy these cars because they can do things a 30k car cannot and a certain level of customer care is expected
Whoa! Pump the brakes, kid! How did Outback get dragged into this? Or Motel 6? That restaurant is a national treasure!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-14-2016, 01:34 PM   #31
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Whoa! Pump the brakes, kid! How did Outback get dragged into this? Or Motel 6? That restaurant is a national treasure!
The cornerstone of decadence
Attached Images

12-14-2016, 05:21 PM   #32
eleven11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: -F85 X5M-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAGuy View Post

In my case, the navigation was way off 90% of the time, and the BMW Assist was faulty. I'm with you regarding this level of a problem - it is what it is. I'm not about to be That Guy at my dealership.
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #33
SNAGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
In my case, the navigation was way off 90% of the time, and the BMW Assist was faulty. I'm with you regarding this level of a problem - it is what it is. I'm not about to be That Guy at my dealership.
My antenna issue was nothing compared to yours then. I would have been totally frustrated and infuriated too if my NAV was off almost all the time etc. That today isn't a total luxury, where as my SAT cutting out maybe 1 times out of 30-40 rides isn't the end of the world.

Agree that nothing is worth being That Guy at any dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #34
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Maybe your vehicle is slowly growing a B&O system. Wait a few weeks and report back.
Appreciate 1