BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-29-2019, 07:47 AM   #1
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X35i

X5 tpms on X3?

Will 2015 X5 tpms sensors work on a 2013 X3?

I purchased an extra set for my winter setup expecting to go replica and ended up with oem wheels with tpms.

Wife's X3 just stared chirping that it's tpms sensors are toast.

Was wondering if they would work?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Simply use one of the online part database sites (like https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select). Enter the last 7 digits of the VIN for your BMWs...then browse over to the WHEEL diagrams and find the TPM sensor for that vehicle. Click on its 11 digit BMW part nbr and the site will give you a part cross-reference as to all other BMW models that use the same part nbr.

Double check (by clicking on each vehicle's sensor diagram) to make sure that there isn't a specific build date range in the supplemental info columns...that would exclude one of your vehicles from using the same sensors.

This should take all of 3-4 minutes at the max.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Simply use one of the online part database sites (like https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select). Enter the last 7 digits of the VIN for your BMWs...then browse over to the WHEEL diagrams and find the TPM sensor for that vehicle. Click on its 11 digit BMW part nbr and the site will give you a part cross-reference as to all other BMW models that use the same part nbr.

Double check (by clicking on each vehicle's sensor diagram) to make sure that there isn't a specific build date range in the supplemental info columns...that would exclude one of your vehicles from using the same sensors.

Thanks , looks like different part numbers between the cars.

However same MHz ; which seems like the real thing that matters given aftermarket parts have the same MHz.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:20 AM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox91 View Post
Quote:

However same MHz ; which seems like the real thing that matters given aftermarket parts have the same MHz.

Thoughts?
Your F25 X3 uses different TPMS than F15 X5.

They all using same 433MHz frequency, but different protocol.

It is like everyone's Wi-Fi are using the same frequency, just different SSID and password.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 3
menelaos1226.00
Maverik2594140.00
      11-06-2019, 12:03 AM   #5
KillFox91
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillFox91 View Post
Quote:

Thoughts?
Your F25 X3 uses different TPMS than F15 X5.

They all using same 433MHz frequency, but different protocol.

It is like everyone's Wi-Fi are using the same frequency, just different SSID and password.
Thank you!
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00