BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #45
BILLY MEIER
Rep
Drives: 1995 gti vr6

After 5 emails 10 phone calls and talking to the "person that writes the check" a good 2 weeks after he promised $300 back from the total $700 I spent I finally got the check, I can not stress never to go to tis dealership, I mean they make a lot of money the proper thing to do was to refund me my full $700 that I paid , or fix my AC that still does not work , I will never step foot in bmw of peobody mass , or mini next door , wht would they want to become enemys when they were 100 percent at fault? took a picture of the check but wont work and I don't want to post nudes of all my utr girls so cant risk it, but I cashed the check first before posting this fearing they would put a block on the check if the dealer seen this post
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #46
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
After 5 emails 10 phone calls and talking to the "person that writes the check" a good 2 weeks after he promised $300 back from the total $700 I spent I finally got the check, I can not stress never to go to tis dealership, I mean they make a lot of money the proper thing to do was to refund me my full $700 that I paid , or fix my AC that still does not work , I will never step foot in bmw of peobody mass , or mini next door , wht would they want to become enemys when they were 100 percent at fault? took a picture of the check but wont work and I don't want to post nudes of all my utr girls so cant risk it, but I cashed the check first before posting this fearing they would put a block on the check if the dealer seen this post
I doubt you are high on the list of people they remotely care about, so you're probably quite safe to post away.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410874.50
      06-11-2018, 11:27 PM   #47
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
Just need some advive if you guys are interasted in helping me out , I own a 2009 bmw 328i x drive , Only has 28,000 miles but the AC Crapped out , only blowing hot air, ( heat worked fine) so I take it to bmw of Peabody mass , They looked at my car and they tell me its out of Freon, Also there is a tiny leak in the system , They explained it would be like $1,200 to put a new system but they are confident that if they refilled it with Freon I would have AC for at least 2 to 3 years due to the leak, so oil change and to fill it with Freon was $420 ,

Pay them take the car home and now the ac and heat don't work, I mean the climate control does not even light up, im like wow cant be coincidence that my whole computer controlled ac / heat does not even turn on , take the car back and with out being rude I tell them I don't believe in coincidence, in my opinion you guys broke my whole system

dude comes back and says blower motor is jammed , also bearing has a lot of play so it needs to get replaced , im like you guys didn't see this problem the first time? anyways payed them $300 to replace the blower motor , now im minus $700 , well guess what? I go home and the heat works but ac blows hot air. they tell me "well we told you there was a leak, im pissed im gonna take them to small claims court , what are my chances of losing? I wouldn't bring my bmx bike to this dealer
It's not worth the aggravation.

Just tell them to fix it and pay the bill.

Yes, it might be $2400. You have a German car not a beater.

You don't want to get wrapped around the axle on a claim for less than $10,000. It will cost you $30,000 in pain.

Spend the money. And if they screw up, spend more money, At some point, you will hit the magic number where the manager will escalate and call in the Calgary and get it fixed correctly.

This crap will eat you alive. You won't enjoy your car and you'll end up being a miserable jerk.

Call their bluff and tell them to fix it. At some point they will fix it and you will still be happier than if you pursued a claim against the dealer.

Smile. Now forget about the past, send an email to your dealer directing them to fix the AC.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #48
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

I've heard stories about this dealer and every so often there tend to be these kind of posts. As others have expressed, I would never take an out of warranty car to the dealer and would instead find a local/smaller shop. I would just move on and never return here, if anyone ever asks about this place, tell them you do not recommend it.

I still use the BMW dealer that scratched my car but I always request a specific tech (friend who works there). I send him a heads up text saying I'm bringing the car in and he greets me at the door, does all work on my car, etc. Granted most "work" has just been maintenance anyways, nothing major.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2018, 07:56 AM   #49
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post

You don't want to get wrapped around the axle on a claim for less than $10,000. It will cost you $30,000 in pain.

Spend the money. And if they screw up, spend more money, At some point, you will hit the magic number where the manager will escalate and call in the Calgary and get it fixed correctly.

This crap will eat you alive. You won't enjoy your car and you'll end up being a miserable jerk.

Call their bluff and tell them to fix it. At some point they will fix it and you will still be happier than if you pursued a claim against the dealer.

Smile. Now forget about the past, send an email to your dealer directing them to fix the AC.
its a 10yo base model car. whether its german or not, dropping a bunch of cash into it isnt always the smart idea.

2400 to fix is a good percentage of what its actually worth.
Appreciate 2
      06-12-2018, 10:07 AM   #50
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
its a 10yo base model car. whether its german or not, dropping a bunch of cash into it isnt always the smart idea.

I have a feeling OP will be posting a lot of threads like this.

It's a 10 year old car. It is going to break, often, and be expensive to fix. Learn to work on it yourself or expect to pay through the nose.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #51
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:

So, it's far better to stop diagnosing in the middle of a repair? Instead of having a working AC, the OP wasted half the money and is twice as miserable.

Just fix the damn thing and drive on.

What other choice does the op have?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #52
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
So, it's far better to stop diagnosing in the middle of a repair? Instead of having a working AC, the OP wasted half the money and is twice as miserable.

Just fix the damn thing and drive on.

What other choice does the op have?
he goes to a better shop and has it done right for a couple hundred, or does it himself for under $100
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #53
BILLY MEIER
Rep
Drives: 1995 gti vr6

LOL guess my last post was not read
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 12:20 PM   #54
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

OP: not sure how far away this place is from you, but this dude went through a complete ordeal trying to find the cause of his issues and only one place was able to figure it out:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=190
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #55
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Paying $300 bucks for freon on AC with a known leak, that makes no sense to me.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 07-05-2018 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #56
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Paying $300 bucks for freon on AC with a known leak, that's makes no sense to me.
Yeah for that amount they should have fixed the damn leak. The dealer has to be one hell of a ballsy asshole to charge $300 to load some freon.
Appreciate 1