BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
drf36///
Renaissance man
Rep
Drives: 335xi

F15 pictures with standard xenons? Anyone

I know a bunch of you got the lighting package, but I couldn't justify spending $1900 some cool looking headlights and interior lights. My x5 is still in the process of being delivered but I wanted to see how the standard xenons look on the f15. If anyone has any pics please share. THANKS!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
AresM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

I thought the lighting package was only LED headlights and auto high beams? Interior lights are standard, right?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

All lights on the F15 are LEDs. The only non-LED lights that you get are when you get the standard xenons. This is when you get yellow signal indicator bulbs
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Yellow indicator bulbs? Really??? That itself made it worth my $1900 investment in the Lighting Package. Once again, very frustrating that we don't get full disclosure on what you really get or dot not get when ordering these packages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
All lights on the F15 are LEDs. The only non-LED lights that you get are when you get the standard xenons. This is when you get yellow signal indicator bulbs
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here's mine. They look great.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
Yellow indicator bulbs? Really??? That itself made it worth my $1900 investment in the Lighting Package. Once again, very frustrating that we don't get full disclosure on what you really get or dot not get when ordering these packages.
That's why I got LEDs; not only from an aesthetic standpoint; but also from a safety standpoint. These are not as bright as xenons; but rather mimic daylight and are more yellow. Plus the added tech you get with LEDs is very slick
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #7
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
..Plus the added tech you get with LEDs is very slick
...I didn't think there was any added tech other than the fact that the headlights and front turn signals are now LED?

The standard Xenons have the adaptive swivelly thing...

I had them on my X5M and, while they are cool, I couldn't tell enough of a difference to justify $1900. I will miss the auto high beam tho.... checking to see if that can be ordered "standalone".
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971

Quote:
They're almost indiscernible - I couldn't disagree more. If they bother you, wait until you see the reflectors on the wheel arches...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I also thought you had to get the LED package to get the advanced high beam assistant. The system that keeps main beam on while adjusting individual beams for each vehicle encountered. Turns out you don't need LED, just the much cheaper adaptive xenons and HBA.

Last edited by archivedaccount; 11-21-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
I also thought you had to get the LED package to get the advanced high beam assistant. The system that keeps main beam on while adjusting individual beans for each vehicle encountered. Turns out you don't need LED, just the much cheaper adaptive xenons and HBA.
probably; but to each their own; here in the US you get the luxury and X line packages which IMHO are a complete waste of money.. that is why I chose to spend my money where is makes it safer for me to drive. The BIG thing about the LEDs is that it splits the beam for oncoming traffic or a car in front of you; thereby minimizing the glare in the eyes of fellow drivers.
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
ybd2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
probably; but to each their own; here in the US you get the luxury and X line packages which IMHO are a complete waste of money.. that is why I chose to spend my money where is makes it safer for me to drive. The BIG thing about the LEDs is that it splits the beam for oncoming traffic or a car in front of you; thereby minimizing the glare in the eyes of fellow drivers.
If you're referring to the anti-dazzle effect, sorry to say that will not be enabled in the USA. I think there may be a couple other threads confirming this, and it is expressly stated on my (USA) order form that the function will be disabled.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybd2 View Post
If you're referring to the anti-dazzle effect, sorry to say that will not be enabled in the USA. I think there may be a couple other threads confirming this, and it is expressly stated on my (USA) order form that the function will be disabled.
Correct - this is the "variable light decoding" line item from your order sheet.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that the advanced hba tech is also included with the adaptive xenons with hba. You don't need LED.

From the UK BMW f15 website:

'The anti-dazzle high-beam assistant makes night-time driving more pleasant, and safer. It offers excellent visibility in the dark without dazzling other drivers.
The system detects other road-users and selectively excludes them from the high-beam headlight distribution. A beam ranges of 400m ensures early detection of potential risks and improved directional tracking.
Adaptive LED Headlight or Adaptive Headlight must be installed to use the anti-dazzle high-beam assistant.
'

Last edited by archivedaccount; 11-21-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

In the UK, HBA is great.
Not so great in Can-US, HBA is a switching to H - L- H -L ( low when another car is detected)

See post #8 by gblansten
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...gh+beam+dazzle
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #15
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Yes that makes LED an expensive option. Top $ for half a system. You guys have the same issue with driver assistance plus with (or without) traffic jam assistant. That said we pay more for the x5 in the UK (£ to $ price is about equal but the £ is worth more), so it's good to have an advantage for once.

Very unfair on US and CA owners though, missing out on the new tech for regulatory reasons.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
drf36///
Renaissance man
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by riM3 View Post
Here's mine. They look great.
They do look great. Now I'm very happy I didn't get the lighting package. Certainly not worth 2k for me.

Quote:
That's a great feature honestly, but it would be safer if the oncoming drivers had this feature, so I wouldn't get glare in my eyes lolll
Appreciate 0