BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

View Poll Results: Alubeam Chrome Matte or Satin Grey?
Alubeam Chrome Matte 26 45.61%
Satin Grey 31 54.39%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

03-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #551
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
I always loved your Mineral White !
My next color for sure, Alpine White is nice but yours is 10x better
Thanks, bud .
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
@opasha, maybe should revisit that color change mod with Plastidip??
It still peel-able like the vinyl when you are bored, but wrap like regular paint. The downside, not to much of fancy color option.
Plastidip is a very long and difficult process that does nothing but yield random results. If you want perfection, you have to sand down your whole factory paint - not gonna happen. It is also porous and can peel off easily if corner areas get the tiniest bit of exposure. I've seen the outcome on many cars. It's cheap, but not worth it. As you said also, it ends up always being matte finish and the only way to make it look anything close to decent would be to spray 5-10 coats of glossifier evenly all over the body (another long process).

It looks like they now have better plastidip color options at least from the video Rob showed. Still not worth it in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Sorry to read Omar.
I've been waiting to see your story on the front page once it was completed.
Yeah w/my OCD, I would have gone nuts seeing that wrap peel everyday. I'm surprised you didn't just peel it off yourself...may have been therapeutic
I was 1 of 4 people that peeled everything off . It was more annoying than therapeutic, lol. I also had to go over certain areas twice myself like the door handles to get every little piece of vinyl out since two of the guys didn't do it as perfectly. I even used a pocket knife tooth pick to lift corners of the vinyl of hard to reach places. I guess the only plus side was that it only took around 35 minutes to remove safely without issues.
      11-22-2015, 12:38 AM   #552
bayareabimmer
Private
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 ; '16 750i; '15 S550

Where did you purchase the Steering Wheel? The car looks amazing!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #553
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

Hope for the best, opasha ! Your car is awesome, and you contribution is precess!
      11-22-2015, 10:34 AM   #554
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Thanks .

gatordent, already did the full install and info here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=810630&page=7. If you have any questions about it when installing, you can always message one of us later. It's pretty straightforward.
Hello Opasha,
I'm new to the F15 forum, I just traded in my 2015 M4 coupe due to back problems and waiting for my F15 30d to arrive in a couple of weeks. I have been looking for a mirroring device for my F15, I have read about problems mirroring from an iPhone, can you lead me to find a good solution to mirror my iPhone over the iDrive?

Thanks in advance