BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-17-2024, 04:31 PM   #1
4inr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328XI

Red face X5 Leather Dash Begins to Lift

I've lurked for quite sometime trying to absorb as much as possible about the F15 and I found that the leather dash has a propensity to lift after sometime in warm and sunny climates.

While definitely not a big issue on my end, I knew that the consensus was that you could stop the progression of lifting with a windshield cover while parked outside (the car itself is garaged) but I saw that my dash was beginning to show signs that the glue was giving out.

The pictures show (in red) where the lift is beginning. Obviously I began to freak out at the assumed amount of money that I would eventually need to burn on the dash but if you look further down on the photo set, I installed a basic black interior plastic liner that helps to mask the issue for now. The plastic liner also helps to provide support (even if its just mental)

Thought this could be something that is helpful for those looking to avoid the white fabric showing through the dash once the leather begins to lift.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092ZQ4YD2...t_details&th=1

Product above

I also have no idea how to scale the photos...so...I'm sorry
Appreciate 2
      04-19-2024, 08:32 AM   #2
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4inr View Post
I've lurked for quite sometime trying to absorb as much as possible about the F15 and I found that the leather dash has a propensity to lift after sometime in warm and sunny climates.

While definitely not a big issue on my end, I knew that the consensus was that you could stop the progression of lifting with a windshield cover while parked outside (the car itself is garaged) but I saw that my dash was beginning to show signs that the glue was giving out.

The pictures show (in red) where the lift is beginning. Obviously I began to freak out at the assumed amount of money that I would eventually need to burn on the dash but if you look further down on the photo set, I installed a basic black interior plastic liner that helps to mask the issue for now. The plastic liner also helps to provide support (even if its just mental)

Thought this could be something that is helpful for those looking to avoid the white fabric showing through the dash once the leather begins to lift.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092ZQ4YD2...t_details&th=1

Product above

I also have no idea how to scale the photos...so...I'm sorry
Nice! I used Vinyl tape to fix it once. You could not tell it was fixed…I avoid leather dash because of this…
Appreciate 0