SouthernBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja View Post
No. Any interior that looks like a skunk makes me pause.
Skunk? Hmmm. Never seen an ivory coloured skunk.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #25
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Best configuration is for the M sport.
Makes the car look alive.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 08:37 AM   #26
pr0gi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 40i, X3 M40i

The front bumper in M sport though!
      09-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #27
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

I saw an F16 in real life today! It was one that a couple of dudes are driving around to different dealers for education demo. My CA called me up to let me know that I could come by and look if I wanted -- no pictures allowed.

It was a silver XLine with Ivory interior and a whole slew of options on it. It was handsome. It didn't have the Ivory interior design package on it though. That would have been ultra helpful to see in real life.

The LCD instrument cluster was Awesome! One of the guys went through all the functions of it with me (that you can see w/o the car running since it was in the showroom).

I wanted to try the 'comfort' trunk opening, but I found out that the XLine doesn't have that function because the metal rear skid plate. They said that it will work with the MSport.

The rear seat has a lot more headroom than the E71. The seats are set lower, not the roof raised we think.

The center console with the leather edges instead of trim like the F15 looks really nice.

Although the reported cargo space is smaller than the E71, it doesn't look like the space is any smaller under the cargo cover. We all suspected that the reduction is probably a change in the roofline.

The guys have seen the MSport version in person and both agree that that is the one to get because of the awesome front end. The differentiation from an X5 is most noticeable with the MSport.

Although not specific to an X6, one of the guys gave me (and my CA) a real good explanation of the differences between the collision mitigation on the plain Driver Assistance Plus and ACC + Active Driving Assistant. Basically, because the ACC has the radar, it is capable of bringing the car to a complete stop, whereas without ACC, you only get the 'pre-braking' (or whatever you call it). Also, the ACC will work when you're going faster. From that conversation, it made me want to get ACC even if I wasn't going to active cruise with it!

This may be true in the 2015 X5s too: the center console did not have the phone adapter in it. To me it looked gargantuan since I'm used to seeing that phone adapter in the way all the time. I'm getting enhanced bluetooth (mostly for the 2nd microphone ... weird ... everyone talks to the caller in my car) and it will have the adapter. Bummer.

After I got done with them, my car is potentially like $6k more expensive! Why does everything I want have to cost $1900??

If I had more than 30min notice, I would have asked if anyone wanted me to check out anything specific, but I had to leave "right now" if I wanted to see it before they left.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #28
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

I have ACC. I had another car in front of me abruptly change lanes into my lane (cut me off) and the red car warning came on whilst I had ACC on. I had time to intervene, meaning slam on the brakes as one normally would do when using regular cruise control. Instead of me intervening with the brakes ( brave yet stupid) I held off as I placed blind trust into ACC and it immediately slowed me down ( a complete stop was not needed in this particular situation as the car ahead of me did not come to a full stop.) Caution: owners manual normally state that the electronics are not a substitute for driver interaction). Note: I do not know if ACC applied brake action or if it was the pre-collision warning doing so, I think it was the former as I had not received the audible pre-crash warning.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 12:03 PM   #29
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Oh, and I mentioned that if they brought an M50d to the US, I'd be all over it. Like that would ever happen because of stupid California, but it would certainly be cool.
Appreciate 0