BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-20-2017, 05:51 PM   #3081
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms5 View Post
I am so new to this and wish I understood more of the acronyms!
So if I understand you correctly, saying yes to this pop up is OK?

I am trying to follow this video so any variance makes me nervous!
http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Beginn...e%20Coding.pdf

Is there an all-inclusive resource for learning this that you can suggest?

Thanks for your all your help and especially your patience, Almaretto!
You can skip page 14-15 (ie Writting to VCM).
  1. Read FA > Save FA [eg, F15 - FA (Factory).xml]
  2. Go to C:\Data\FA > Copy & Paste "F15 - FA (Factory).xml" & Rename "F15- FA (Factory) - copy" to "F15 - FA (+2VB).xml"
  3. Edit "F15 - FA (+2VB).xml" in FA-Editor or Notepad++ to add 2VB.
  4. Expert Mode > Code > Vehicle Order: Select "Load" rather than Read & Double Click FA Folder to Activate
  5. VO code DSC, BDC_Body, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.
  6. Right-Click HU_NBT folder > "Read Coding Data"
  7. Expand folder and Right-Click Orange CAFD > "Edit"
  8. Search "RDC_DRUCK_TEMP" in FDL-Editor
  9. Change to werte=02 & apply change & save
  10. Back to Coding > Select Orange HU_NBT CAFD > "Code FDL"
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 07:55 AM   #3082
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3, '15 F15 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
okay. you are using a 32gb thumb drive right? Also, take a picture of your flash drive directories or folders.
check it out.

re: versions:
media: mn-003.009.004
phone: tn-003.009.004

cant tell but assume these could be newer than update 5074?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 02:26 PM   #3083
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo95se View Post
check it out.

re: versions:
media: mn-003.009.004
phone: tn-003.009.004

cant tell but assume these could be newer than update 5074?
That is for Navigation update, not BT Media and Communication.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #3084
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

+1. Remove the upd file and your map should update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
That is for Navigation update, not BT Media and Communication.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 06:04 PM   #3085
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
+1. Remove the upd file and your map should update.
Should not make a difference, but worth a try. It is just important not to have any hidden files and the correct files in the root directory. I have updated maps before with movies and music on the same drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 06:36 PM   #3086
bms5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 540d

Garage List
Quote:
You can skip page 14-15 (ie Writting to VCM).
  1. Read FA > Save FA [eg, F15 - FA (Factory).xml]
  2. Go to C:\Data\FA > Copy & Paste "F15 - FA (Factory).xml" & Rename "F15- FA (Factory) - copy" to "F15 - FA (+2VB).xml"
  3. Edit "F15 - FA (+2VB).xml" in FA-Editor or Notepad++ to add 2VB.
  4. Expert Mode > Code > Vehicle Order: Select "Load" rather than Read & Double Click FA Folder to Activate
  5. VO code DSC, BDC_Body, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.
  6. Right-Click HU_NBT folder > "Read Coding Data"
  7. Expand folder and Right-Click Orange CAFD > "Edit"
  8. Search "RDC_DRUCK_TEMP" in FDL-Editor
  9. Change to werte=02 & apply change & save
  10. Back to Coding > Select Orange HU_NBT CAFD > "Code FDL"
Step 5 is what I am unsure of how to do. Tokenmaster's video cautioned against EVER hitting CODE (or especially CODE DEFAULT VALUES) but this appears to be what I have to do to VO code these 4 modules. See screen shot. Do I press either of these after selecting the ECU (not the CAFD file)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 07:30 PM   #3087
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Step 5 is what I am unsure of how to do. Tokenmaster's video cautioned against EVER hitting CODE (or especially CODE DEFAULT VALUES) but this appears to be what I have to do to VO code these 4 modules. See screen shot. Do I press either of these after selecting the ECU (not the CAFD file)?
NEVER (under any circumstance) select "Code Default Values"
  • "Code" (Either Right Click or physical button) has the same result and is used for VO coding.
    • You want to make sure Engine is running to maintain battery voltage.
      • Except when coding DME/DDE (petrol vs diesel) engine ECU or entire vehicle (rarely done), by first selecting SVT folder at top of tree; in either case, an external power source (eg PSU) is needed because you cannot code engine while running.
  • "Code FDL" is for FDL Coding.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #3088
bms5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2018 540d

Garage List
Quote:
NEVER (under any circumstance) select "Code Default Values"
  • "Code" (Either Right Click or physical button) has the same result and is used for VO coding.
    • You want to make sure Engine is running to maintain battery voltage.
      • Except when coding DME/DDE (petrol vs diesel) engine ECU or entire vehicle (rarely done), by first selecting SVT folder at top of tree; in either case, an external power source (eg PSU) is needed because you cannot code engine while running.
  • "Code FDL" is for FDL Coding.
Thanks very much, Almaretto for confirming the procedure. 2VB is now added to FA and the 4 modules are VO coded successfully. The only minor glitch was having to recode the M splash screen in HU_NBT and recode Window Rollup functions in BDC.

I SO appreciate your help!

Last edited by bms5; 01-21-2017 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 09:01 PM   #3089
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Should not make a difference, but worth a try. It is just important not to have any hidden files and the correct files in the root directory. I have updated maps before with movies and music on the same drive.
I had two things on there. Bluetooth update and map update. Neither will load. I may go buy a new flash card tmw and see if that works. There aren't any hidden files either. Argh.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #3090
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Thanks very much, Amaretto for confirming the procedure. 2VB is now added to FA and the 4 modules are VO coded successfully. The only minor glitch was having to recode the M splash screen in HU_NBT and recode Window Rollup functions in BDC.

I SO appreciate your help!

You are very welcome. This is one of the reason I wrote so many Launcher codes...easy to check a box and apply.

Quote:
I had two things on there. Bluetooth update and map update. Neither will load. I may go buy a new flash card tmw and see if that works. There aren't any hidden files either. Argh.
PM'd additional instructions.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #3091
leo95se
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are very welcome. This is one of the reason I wrote so many Launcher codes...easy to check a box and apply.

PM'd additional instructions.
What torture! there was a bunch more hidden files that only popped up when i opened the flash card in windows and saw them. the mac tools didnt show them all.

thanks a ton for the help!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #3092
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What torture! there was a bunch more hidden files that only popped up when i opened the flash card in windows and saw them. the mac tools didnt show them all.

thanks a ton for the help!

I have not touched anything Apple in 20 years; I only use Linux and Windows.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #3093
joe black
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Surround view in reverse

Thanks to all the very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum. Given your instruction, I was able to code my X5 for the first time without incident this afternoon!!!

Is there a code to make a 2017 X5 go into surround camera mode when reversing instead of the reverse camera? My 2012 X3 did this by default; so did my M4 now that I think about it. I know there is a button you can push to get it to go to surround, but I want surround view to be default when reversing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 04:56 PM   #3094
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe black View Post
Thanks to all the very knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum. Given your instruction, I was able to code my X5 for the first time without incident this afternoon!!!

Is there a code to make a 2017 X5 go into surround camera mode when reversing instead of the reverse camera? My 2012 X3 did this by default; so did my M4 now that I think about it. I know there is a button you can push to get it to go to surround, but I want surround view to be default when reversing.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ditto
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #3095
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 M50i

I downloaded the E-Sys 3.28.1 exe and the TokenMaster Premium ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.6.2_Build_124.msi file.

Installed both. Generated a PIN on initial launch of TokenMaster. Saved EST file to data folder as per instructions. Went to FDL Editor in E-SYS just to test entering the Softoken PIN that I created and it says please enter correct PIN in red. I keep entering the one I created and it does not work.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 06:29 PM   #3096
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I downloaded the E-Sys 3.28.1 exe and the TokenMaster Premium ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.6.2_Build_124.msi file.

Installed both. Generated a PIN on initial launch of TokenMaster. Saved EST file to data folder as per instructions. Went to FDL Editor in E-SYS just to test entering the Softoken PIN that I created and it says please enter correct PIN in red. I keep entering the one I created and it does not work.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong would be much appreciated.

Thank you
If you are correctly using E-Sys Launcher to Open E-Sys, and not incorrectly opening E-Sys directly, it should not ask for a PIN at all. PIN is a one step creation process only.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #3097
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
If you are correctly using E-Sys Launcher to Open E-Sys, and not incorrectly opening E-Sys directly, it should not ask for a PIN at all. PIN is a one step creation process only.
Hi Shawn, thanks for the quick response. Should I run E-Sys Launcher only or should I run E-Sys Launcher, keep it open and then run E-Sys and use that?

The only thing I am concerned about is that on some information it states that the app should only run on a memory setting of 1024 RAM nothing greater. The E-Sys launcher will not save me changing the value from 2048 to 1024 RAM but the E-Sys regular app will save the change, so that is why I tried to run the E-Sys Launcher, close it, then open the E-Sys app and use that.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #3098
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Shawn, thanks for the quick response. Should I run E-Sys Launcher only or should I run E-Sys Launcher, keep it open and then run E-Sys and use that?

The only thing I am concerned about is that on some information it states that the app should only run on a memory setting of 1024 RAM nothing greater. The E-Sys launcher will not save me changing the value from 2048 to 1024 RAM but the E-Sys regular app will save the change, so that is why I tried to run the E-Sys Launcher, close it, then open the E-Sys app and use that.
You open Launcher and then wait while it launches (opens ) E-Sys. Seyt Launcher to use Default memory setting.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #3099
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe black View Post
I have not found any code for this feature. It seems to be firmware based. My F010 always defaults to last used setting (rear-view or top-view), but my F015 (after last I-Step update) now always reverts to rear view.

Quote:
E-sys Launcher settings will overwrite E-sys memory settings.
  • If you set the former to high, you will get an error and program will close. Then, you can always adjust and re-launch.
  • If you set the ladder to high (& launch E-sys directly without Launcher), you may have to either adjust windows attribute settings or reinstall E-sys.
The problem is that E-sys uses Java, which utilizes contiguous memory and capped at 2GB for Premium (Pro up to 4GB); so even if you have 16GB ram, you can still run out of memory.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #3100
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have not found any code for this feature. It seems to be firmware based. My F010 always defaults to last used setting (rear-view or top-view), but my F015 (after last I-Step update) now always reverts to rear view.

E-sys Launcher settings will overwrite E-sys memory settings.
  • If you set the former to high, you will get an error and program will close. Then, you can always adjust and re-launch.
  • If you set the ladder to high (& launch E-sys directly without Launcher), you may have to either adjust windows attribute settings or reinstall E-sys.
The problem is that E-sys uses Java, which utilizes contiguous memory and capped at 2GB for Premium (Pro up to 4GB); so even if you have 16GB ram, you can still run out of memory.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
Stinkyxy152.00
      01-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #3101
Bigtop
Private First Class
Rep

OK, now I have E-Sys launcher running.

I have a brand new 2017 F15 50i. The code spreadsheet does not reflect the code categories I am seeing. For example I wanted to stop the legal disclaimers in the IDrive and the rear view camera. According to the sheet I should be looking at the HU_NBT module. The only module I can see is HU_NBT2. IHave I done something wrong or are all the module names and values changed for the 2017 model?

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #3102
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
OK, now I have E-Sys launcher running.

I have a brand new 2017 F15 50i. The code spreadsheet does not reflect the code categories I am seeing. For example I wanted to stop the legal disclaimers in the IDrive and the rear view camera. According to the sheet I should be looking at the HU_NBT module. The only module I can see is HU_NBT2. IHave I done something wrong or are all the module names and values changed for the 2017 model?
HU_NBT is ID4 on '14-16 Models.
HU_NBT2 is ID5 on '17 Models.

Most of the funktions and codes are the same.
Appreciate 0