07-22-2014, 08:48 AM   #89
Buckerine
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here is the cheat sheet for now as promised.
Gotta run for now, there are a lot more basics coding that can be looked under F10 or F30 cheat sheet, but yet to confirmed.
The cheat sheet is full access to anyone, feel free to edit, add, and correct.
Awesome! Very much appreciated. I still need to order the cable from you ... lol
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #90
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Can someone direct me to a guide on how to code the vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #91
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@opasha, I am not sure, it could be.
But, regarding the Auto start/stop, you don't need to code it anymore. BMW have changed it to follow the last settings already.
Unlike my 2012 F10, I have to code it.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2014, 09:58 AM   #92
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx
Go to bimmerfest.com under coding. There are tons of threads there.
If you don't feel comfortable, just hire someone to do it and ask questions. . Hopefully they are kind enough to answer them.
Some shops are charging arms and legs for this free knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 10:12 AM   #93
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Go to bimmerfest.com under coding. There are tons of threads there.
If you don't feel comfortable, just hire someone to do it and ask questions. . Hopefully they are kind enough to answer them.
Some shops are charging arms and legs for this free knowledge.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 11:04 AM   #94
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33
@opasha, I am not sure, it could be.
But, regarding the Auto start/stop, you don't need to code it anymore. BMW have changed it to follow the last settings already.
Unlike my 2012 F10, I have to code it.
Unfortunately the setup regarding the auto SS is different for US and EU. In US it remembers the last setting, in EU it reverts back to on no matter what unless you code it ;(
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #95
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
Unfortunately the setup regarding the auto SS is different for US and EU. In US it remembers the last setting, in EU it reverts back to on no matter what unless you code it ;(
That's annoying. I wonder why they code everything at the factory so differently for different markets.
      07-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #96
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
That's annoying. I wonder why they code everything at the factory so differently for different markets.
Regulations for the sake of regulations. Starts from the stupid orange reflectors in US and ends with even more stupid compulsory stop-n-go in EU to cut down CO2 (god I miss the days of EU-1 when you could have a decent engine w/o paying a fortune for it).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #97
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Regulations for the sake of regulations. Starts from the stupid orange reflectors in US and ends with even more stupid compulsory stop-n-go in EU to cut down CO2 (god I miss the days of EU-1 when you could have a decent engine w/o paying a fortune for it).
Yeah...oh, how the times have changed .
      07-23-2014, 11:45 AM   #98
X5chris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Anyone in NYC area can do coding. I'm willing to pay. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #99
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Proceeded to coding today for the first time ever... no rocket science, everything seems to have went smooth and sound. Went with easy stuff first and will test it out tomorrow (unlocked movie formats, DVD in motion, etc.) to make sure everything works as intended.

Now, onto some important notes I discovered at this stage.

1) The trunk actually opens and closes from the button inside the cabin (and I reckon via the key fob as well) in my vehicle - I didn't have to code it. Same goes for folding mirrors. I could assume same vehicles in UK have this enabled form the factory as well (since BMW's production of cars for CY is pretty much the same as for UK).
2) The auto stop'n'go function in F15 is located in a different place than F10/similar cheat sheets suggest. It's actually in BDC_BODY, 3023 TcMaster2 and called TCM_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF and TCM_MSA_MEMORY. Since I hate the stop'n'go in general and never use the Eco driving mode, I just coded in the DEFAULT_OFF (aktiv) leaving the MEMORY one as it is (nicht_aktiv). I kid you not i was screaming "YES" when I turned the ignition OFF/ON and the bloody stop'n'go was OFF from the start - no more forgetting to press the disable button.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 03:56 PM   #100
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383
Proceeded to coding today for the first time ever... no rocket science, everything seems to have went smooth and sound. Went with easy stuff first and will test it out tomorrow (unlocked movie formats, DVD in motion, etc.) to make sure everything works as intended.

1) The trunk actually opens and closes from the button inside the cabin (and I reckon via the key fob as well) in my vehicle - I didn't have to code it. Same goes for folding mirrors. I could assume same vehicles in UK have this enabled form the factory as well (since BMW's production of cars for CY is pretty much the same as for UK).
2) The auto stop'n'go function in F15 is located in a different place than F10/similar cheat sheets suggest. It's actually in BDC_BODY, 3023 TcMaster2 and called TCM_MSA_DEFAULT_OFF and TCM_MSA_MEMORY. Since I hate the stop'n'go in general and never use the Eco driving mode, I just coded in the DEFAULT_OFF (aktiv) leaving the MEMORY one as it is (nicht_aktiv). I kid you not i was screaming "YES" when I turned the ignition OFF/ON and the bloody stop'n'go was OFF from the start - no more forgetting to press the disable button.
That's awesome!

You know? I live in South Texas and we have summer 10months out if the year and we have 100 to 104F on a daily basis.
That being said, BMW should allow certain vehicles to have remote start, that is because the inside of the vehicle is super hot! And the AC takes about 5 minutes to cool the interior off... My sister had a baby and I was going to the doctor and the car was so hot that I had to let it cool for 5min and then get inside. I left my SUV on for 2 hours to ensure that when we got out of the doctor office, it would be fresh (baby is 30days old).

BMW, please add the start up by key because there are places with either too hot or too cold weather!!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #101
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

I did the same code a while ago when I got my car remotely coded to have my Auto Start Stop off by default. I never liked the feature at all, especially after others said it's not good for the engine's life to keep doing that when you're at at stop sign in comparison to traffic jams. I found the same code myself when I recoded my car a few days ago. It's truly an awesome to have it off .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
That's awesome! Also, regarding the default codes for UK vs US, unfortunately for US vehicles, the button does not close with one tap, you have to hold it in the opposite direction to close, mirrors and trunk need to be coded as well to open/close via key fob.

You know? I live in South Texas and we have summer 10months out if the year and we have 100 to 104F on a daily basis.
That being said, BMW should allow certain vehicles to have remote start, that is because the inside of the vehicle is super hot! And the AC takes about 5 minutes to cool the interior off... My sister had a baby and I was going to the doctor and the car was so hot that I had to let it cool for 5min and then get inside. I left my SUV on for 2 hours to ensure that when we got out of the doctor office, it would be fresh (baby is 30days old).

BMW, please add the start up by key because there are places with either too hot or too cold weather!!
Agreed, and congratulations on your baby neice!
      07-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #102
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7
Quote:

That's awesome!

Wait a second, doesn't option 6AP (Remote services) do just that in conjunction with My BMW Remote App? I'm almost certain you can at least remote control AC via that.

P.S. On a side note - not a big fan of anything that can be done with a car remotely. Just another loophole for thieves/etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 11:51 PM   #103
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's awesome!

Wait a second, doesn't option 6AP (Remote services) do just that in conjunction with My BMW Remote App? I'm almost certain you can at least remote control AC via that.

P.S. On a side note - not a big fan of anything that can be done with a car remotely. Just another loophole for thieves/etc.
I have the application, but u don't see anything with fan or ventilation.

Well, at the place I work, thieves have stolen about 15 cars in a 6 month period, thieves have even broken into other to steal stuff or caps and Morris lol. We live acrros the border and when they take a car, they take them to Mexico. Surprisingly, two years and half working there, no one ever touched my X5, X6, 335 or 535.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 09:15 AM   #104
itchyfingers
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F12 640i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriverx View Post
Do you have the hardware and software setup?

1) ENET Cable (Purchase from ebay or amazon)
2) E-Sys 3.24.3 with Latest PSDZDATA file and patch files and token.

I've done some coding just recently on my own and its not too hard to get started. A lot of details on how to get started is in *********. But getting the software is the tricky part. i'm new but pm if you need some help.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #105
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
On the MyBMWRemote app in the UK you can ventilate the car as standard which seems to make a difference but it doesn't turn the AC on or anything like that.

I think there was an option for proper remote heating and cooling on the BMW F15 price list that can then be activated through an app to get proper heating and cooling. From what I can remember it was quite a pricey option around Ł900.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #106
Heden
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 MY2016

I think you need Auxiliary Heater for that to work. How strange it might sound.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #107
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heden View Post
I think you need Auxiliary Heater for that to work. How strange it might sound.
Heating only though, not cooling as far as I know. For cooling the engine has to be running to power the AC compressor. The Aux heater uses a fuel powered heater made by 'Webasto' there are petrol and diesel fueled variants. Buses, boats, lorries and some motorhomes have them too. I had one in my recent X5 4.8iS - it was great though it seriously limits the vehicles ability to wade through water due to the heaters exhaust etc being mounted low down under the car.
      07-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #108
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

OMG!

92k BMW don't have remote start!
25k friend'a Chevy has remote start!
Now that's embarrassing!

I babysit my niece every day and I have to go outside, turn the X5 on and wait 10min for it to be cool off... I leave my X5 on for an hour or longer when going to the doctor, or shopping, school. Today is 104F!

BMW wants to meet those MPG digits, but just as they added start stop and we decide when to or not to use it, we should have remote start and use it as we need or pleased!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #109
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone knows what this error means? Im using F25 target con next vĂ*a VIN.

I took my X5 to dealer for service and they change something and they had to reset everything...

Help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #110
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anyone knows what this error means? Im using F25 target con next v*a VIN.

I took my X5 to dealer for service and they change something and they had to reset everything...

Help!
That's mean you are locked out by the dealer, j/k.
That's mean they updated your car's software and you need the new database now.
I'll PM you the link.
Appreciate 0